• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Nets GAME 4 (7 PM Eastern Tip!)

lethalweapon3

Can't believe this. Too much to say right now, so I'l just say the thing foremost in my mind tonight.

Carroll & Korver. When JJ & Bogdonavich see them there eyes light up!! Yes we play a lot of team D but they've looked bad whether it's isolation or getting beat weakside. And before you say JJ didn't have a huge game, all I can say is thank god for Bazmore. For all the hate he gets, do you have any idea what this series would look like without his D. Through 4 games in this series, There is no doubt Bazemore has played JJ much better than Carroll. I know Carroll brings it on O but we need him more on D. Korver....it's hard to be as upset about but goodness gracious Bogdonavich has made him look bad.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Not over yet and these aren't the same Nets that started the season terribly. As someone said earlier, these Nets were on a 50-win pace after the Thad Young deal and all it takes for this team is for either Joe Johnson or Deron Williams to show up... They lose when neither do.

Can't believe this. Too much to say right now, so I'l just say the thing foremost in my mind tonight.

Carroll & Korver. When JJ & Bogdonavich see them there eyes light up!! Yes we play a lot of team D but they've looked bad whether it's isolation or getting beat weakside. And before you say JJ didn't have a huge game, all I can say is thank god for Bazmore. For all the hate he gets, do you have any idea what this series would look like without his D. Through 4 games in this series, There is no doubt Bazemore has played JJ much better than Carroll. I know Carroll brings it on O but we need him more on D. Korver....it's hard to be as upset about but goodness gracious Bogdonavich has made him look bad.

Korver has been sagging off Bogdonavich too much to help defend Lopez.  Joe is a good shooter but Bog's is more consistent threat.

• Premium Member

The refs were horrible tonight. Watching Lopez travel on almost every possession when he had the ball and get away with it was unreal. Watching him literally elbow Teague to the ground to try and get a rebound and not get called for the obvious foul was even more unreal.

That being said we blew this game. Tie game with six seconds left, Teague has blown past D-Will all game and decides to awkwardly throw it to Millsap at the top of the three point line?? What the hell was that? He could have drove to the basket and either made a basket or gotten a foul.

• Like 1

• Moderators

The refs were horrible tonight. Watching Lopez travel on almost every possession when he had the ball and get away with it was unreal. Watching him literally elbow Teague to the ground to try and get a rebound and not get called for the obvious foul was even more unreal.

That being said we blew this game. Tie game with six seconds left, Teague has blown past D-Will all game and decides to awkwardly throw it to Millsap at the top of the three point line?? What the hell was that? He could have drove to the basket and either made a basket or gotten a foul.

I completely agree on that play. I'd rather of seen Teague heave up a half court shot than force it to Sap with only 4 seconds on the clock. Gotta be smarter than that JT.

• Like 1

I completely agree on that play. I'd rather of seen Teague heave up a half court shot than force it to Sap with only 4 seconds on the clock. Gotta be smarter than that JT.

Wonder if this one is Coach Buds fault.  Can't imagine he didn't call up some play for this type of situation. 

• Premium Member

Wonder if this one is Coach Buds fault.  Can't imagine he didn't call up some play for this type of situation. 

Some things that were coach Bud's fault:

1. Letting an out of control Schröder run a 12 point lead down to a tie before taking a timeout. 
  2. Awkward rotations that seem to throw the team out of rhythm whenever they're making a run.  The starters' time on the floor together needs to be extended. 
  3. Seemingly instructing our bigs to trap the ball handler at the top of the arc, causing pass after pass to a rolling Lopez either from the ball handler or through the corner man.  This forced Korver out of position to help on Lopez who either threw an easy pass to a wide open Bogdanovich in the weakside corner or got fouled by the mismatched defender on the layup attempt.  This same set happened over and over again all game long.

Where are the adjustments?

P.S.  One point I'd like to make about the officiating was the lack of 3 seconds calls on Brook Lopez.  He would literally stand in the middle of the paint without anyone near him for 5,6,7 seconds without any calls.  This is one of the big reasons Brook has been getting in front of so many shots even though he has terrible footspeed and no lateral quickness.

Edited by SalvorMallow
  • Like 3

• Moderators

I agree. I believe JT was only doing what Coach Bud wanted, but you gotta know when the play is a lost cause and call your own number. A bad shot in that situation is better than the clock running out with ball still in Sap's hands.

1. Letting an out of control Schröder run a 12 point lead down to a tie before taking a timeout. 
  2. Awkward rotations that seem to throw the team out of rhythm whenever they're making a run.  The starters' time on the floor together needs to be extended. 
  3. Seemingly instructing our bigs to trap the ball handler at the top of the arc, causing pass after pass to a rolling Lopez either from the ball handler or through the corner man.  This forced Korver out of position to help on Lopez who either threw an easy pass to a wide open Bogdanovich in the weakside corner or got fouled by the mismatched defender on the layup attempt.  This same set happened over and over again all game long.

P.S.  One point I'd like to make about the officiating was the lack of 3 seconds calls on Brook Lopez.  He would literally stand in the middle of the paint without anyone near him for 5,6,7 seconds without any calls.  This is one of the big reasons Brook has been getting in front of so many shots even though he has terrible footspeed and no lateral quickness.

I really hope he goes with the starters for longer . The bench has simply not got it done.  When we got up 12 I was like ok lets go for the jugular. As soon as I saw him make the subs I got mad because I knew the bench was going to blow the lead again. I understand giving your bench time in the regular season but this is the playoffs and its win or go home. You can get away with the bench blowing  a lead on a Wednesday night in a regular season game against a team  like Philly for example but not against a team like the Nets with so many vets and a very good coach.. Time to shorten the rotation and give Mack a chance

I like Dennis and I know he will be better in the future but right now we just cant let him play so out of control.

Edited by Sarcatic1

This loss is very disheartening when we worked the boards like we did, especially the offensive glass. Clearly Bud is open to adjusting his shceme to provide a spark, and the second chance points did that early. But if I were a reporter, I'd be grilling Bud about his lineups.

The turnovers from the PGs were key of course, but our perimeter defense is piss poor a majority of the time (hate to harp on it, but thanks again Thabo). We're allowing all their guards to do sh$t they aren't even known for: Bogdanovic putting the ball on the floor, Jack driving and kicking. That Alan Anderson drive damn near coast to coast with 4 seconds left at the end of the half was disgusting.

Anyway, we back at the house. Let's Go.

Edited by benhillboy

And people had the nerve to insult me when I told the truth about these damn Hawks

You had the nerve to numerously declare tanking as the best option at the start of last season. Then have the nerve to not even post here anymore during the streaks. And then have the nerve to only come back posting when the team loses single games.

That wasn't all on Dennis. A lot of things went wrong and things went right for Brooklyn.  

This loss is very disheartening when we worked the boards like we did, especially the offensive glass. Clearly Bud is open to adjusting his shceme to provide a spark, and the second chance points did that early. But if I were a reporter, I'd be grilling Bud about his lineups.

The turnovers from the PGs were key of course, but our perimeter defense is piss poor a majority of the time (hate to harp on it, but thanks again Thabo). We're allowing all their guards to do sh$t they aren't even known for: Bogdanovic putting the ball on the floor, Jack driving and kicking. That Alan Anderson drive damn near coast to coast with 4 seconds left at the end of the half was disgusting.

Anyway, we back at the house. Let's Go.

Thabo was assaulted by the NYPD. Thanking him is beyond stupid. You should be banned for a statement like that. 

• Like 1