• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Nets GAME 6 (8 PM Eastern Tip!)

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

We finally got our garbage time! Hopefully we'll be looking back on this series as a necessary learning experience. To celebrate, here's the latest episode of "Game of Zones" with a hilarious/creepy Hawks bit. 

http://youtu.be/Ho4ETotsrrE

That was great! Shump had me dying!

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators

With their 111-87 Game 6 win over the Brooklyn Nets, the No. 1 seed Atlanta Hawks are moving on! #FinishHim

Posted by

Bleacher Report

on Friday, 1 May 2015

• Like 4

• Moderators

Thank you to Deron Williams for all those miracle-shots in Game 4. Without that, we're done in Game 5 and STILL nervous as heck going into the next round! There's no decisive Game 6 third-quarter without D-Will.

~lw3

• Moderators

...here comes the bride...

...and for those who missed the NFL Draft while watching Hawks-Nets, apparently this guy missed some of it, too.

~lw3

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Just got home from watching game at family's house. Great win. Screamed myself hoarse especially in the third when we just blew their doors off. Great win. This is exactly the kind of no nonsense mentality we need in every playoff game.

• Like 2

Not a superstitious guy but the Hawks ARE 2-0 since I welcomed my baby girl into the world.

Just sayin'......

Congratulations! Let's see if we can win our next 12 games!

Edited by ATLHawks3
  • Like 1

Recap:

1. MVTeague was BIG for us without scoring a single point. His control, pace and aggressiveness of the entire game was on point.13 assists, 1 turnover, 2 steals, 1 block.

2. DMC is the MVP of the series. The refs tried to cool him off but to no avail. (I think Nets might have complained that DMC didn't have a foul in G5 so they tried to make it up tonight with 5 fouls)

3. Horford's midrange stroke is back.

4. Millsap with the bounce back game - inside, outside, assisting, rebounding

5. Kyle was on fya, plus he messed around and had 8 rebounds.

6. Speaking of rebounds - Hawks were monsters on the boards the last 3 games.

Bench:

7. Dennis had a bounce back game(sort of): 12 points, 4 assists and only 2 turnovers

8. Bazemore finally hit a 3, now 2-25. He made a nice DMC-esque cut to the basket for an easy layup. His defense was much better.

9. Pero - meet the refs.

10. It was nice to see the end of benchers get a lil run.

11. Great coaching by Bud to limit the bench.

12. GO HAWKS - BRING ON THE POINTY HATTERS!!!

That was truly satisfying to finally blow those clowns out.

We threatened to do it in other games this series but every time we got it out to 12-14, they'd go on a run and it's back down to 2 or 3.

So glad to finally shake this series and maybe some pressure will ease up on these guys now.

Finally I hear a nationally respected analyst in Van Gundy call Kyle "one of the best 2s in the league." Damn straight he is.

And what can we say about DeMarre that we haven't already. It had to be satisfying to slow roast one of the many former coaches who gave up on him.

I truly believe he and Paul like it here so much and feel genuinely indebted to Bud for turbocharging their games, they won't pay much attention to any other offers unless they're Joe Johnson-type crazy.

I also felt a newfound respect for Joe. He handled the booing with a lot of class and the way he congratulated Jeff was cool. Their entire team shot well at times, making their series seem better than it was.

DeMarre seemed to have trouble in the post all series, but holding Joe to .362 from the field and .293 from the three was key. He did hurt us with 8 boards per and damn near no turnovers while being their main facilitator.

His size and strength gave DeMarre problems, but I don't see any wings on Washington who present the same obstacles for DeMarre. Paul too old and perimeter oriented. Otto...just no. Baze can lock down Beal, the team locks down Wall.

Thabo's absence has cost us a regular and postseason win in my estimation, but I don't think he'll be missed too tough next round. We'll feel it in the Con. Finals again if we're so lucky. Let's Go.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4