• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

"This Team Is Beatable!"

Diesel

Yeah the commentators just want to stick to their same ol' "this Atlanta Hawks team folds in the playoffs" mantra because of our past.  If we keep moving in the playoffs don't expect it to stop....they won't credit us all the way to the Finals.

But that's fine they're used to the previous Hawks teams, we need to give them reason and prove to them and everybody else we can do it.

Edited by AUhawksfan
  • Like 1

I haven't seen/ followed much commentary from this series. I feel good about that. I only watch the post game pressers with Kyle and Junk.

Brent is a fan of the team, he sounded almost disappointed at times last night announcing, Hubie as well in the first game. They know the Hawks can play much better than we've shown all playoffs.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Every team in the playoffs is beatable. GS is probably the least beatable team, but Washington was our bitch all season and we'll continue pounding them if we stop beating ourselves. I want to see Teague Time again. I want our guards to be aggressive in attacking the cup and get to the foul line. Stop constantly trying to get Korver a shot and look for your own. Stop settling for 16 foot jump shots and get in the paint and get fouled. Defense has been good, but don't cheat so much. Joe burned us so many times last series, all because KK and DMC sucked in too far on Lopez and left him wide open. We are doing it again this series with Pierce and Beal. Gortat and Nene is not going to beat the Hawks. Hell, Nene hasn't even registered a field goal yet. Shut down the perimeter and make them beat us 2 points at a time. The Washington Wizards begin and end with John Wall. They don't have a bench and are really thin on big men. Get them into foul trouble and we'll sweep the rest of the series. This is where Teague, Schröder, Bazemore, Millsap, and Mack should be putting most of their focus and doing most of their work.

BpdG7P_CUAEKh7R.jpg

• Like 1

It dont matter what anybody thinks if we handle our business and do what we are supposed to and just win. Thats it. Its all or nothing, win or go home. We have to start playing like we arent ready to go home. After finishing the year as the hunted atop our little perch its time to become the hunter again and get back on the prowl and look for blood

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 2

Technically, you can go 16-12 and still win a title so I don't care about being beatable.  The mighty Warriors proved they can lose at home last night against the  Grizzlies team they were supposed to roll over easily.  Had they not went ice cold from deep (which is all they shot in the 2H of Game 1), this series would essentially be over.  Ramon Sessions gave them similar offensive production to what John Wall would've given them.  Since Teague nor Schröder were dominating, his defense wasn't as sorely missed as if Teague would've went off for 20/10.  

I haven't seen/ followed much commentary from this series. I feel good about that. I only watch the post game pressers with Kyle and Junk.

Brent is a fan of the team, he sounded almost disappointed at times last night announcing, Hubie as well in the first game. They know the Hawks can play much better than we've shown all playoffs.

Our radio crew ( notably Holman ) was definitely concerned last night, especially after the Wiz cut it to 5 late in the 4th.  Then Bud called a timeout, and the Hawks got on a big roll to close out the game.