• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Every top ranked team has lost at home

capstone21

And we're playing by far the weakest team left in the playoffs. With the way we lost Game 1, there is no way in hell we should be 1 - 1 right now.

I see what you're saying. But if we were playing Memphis, Chicago, or the Clippers in this round, we would be down 0 - 2 and looking at playoff DEATH.

Hopefully having 3.5 days off before we play again, will get them back on the right track.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I really don't care what happens in any other series.  At this point, I also don't care how many losses we have...as long as we get four wins.  I also don't care how we get those wins.  

Truth be told, I was prepared to drop one at home.  But not the 1st game of the 2nd round on our home court.  I'd be a much different (calmer) animal right now had we won Game 1 and lost yesterday.

Like I said though, a win is a win at this point.  I just hope we go up to Washington and wring their damn neck...

• Like 1

This team has shown over and over again that it can disappoint us greatly but then fight back to win when it is really needed. I don't see why this series will be any different.

Bottom line: All we need are three more wins before the Wiz get them. One game at a time mentality will work here.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Truthfully, the first game was the kind of game we've always pulled out in the last 5 minutes all season long.

And last night's game was how the first game ordinarily woulda/shoulda ended up.

What's missing most, to me, is Mike Scott. He hasn't shown up yet in his usual way to provide some spark. So, if there's anything that concerns me, it's that he was held out last night, and that maybe that toe wasn't given sufficient time to heal.

• Like 2

Truthfully, the first game was the kind of game we've always pulled out in the last 5 minutes all season long.

And last night's game was how the first game ordinarily woulda/shoulda ended up.

What's missing most, to me, is Mike Scott. He hasn't shown up yet in his usual way to provide some spark. So, if there's anything that concerns me, it's that he was held out last night, and that maybe that toe wasn't given sufficient time to heal.

I agree, we are getting diddley squat from Scott. I don't think it's the toe but the back injury he had at the end of the season.

• Premium Member

Let me be clear, b/c now that I review my previous post, I can see how it's a matter of which voice inflection one reads into my words... I'm nearly completely up with the team's status. You're going to lose some of those that you normally win, but a bounce-back win like last night quickly reduces the anxiety that goes with that. And if we get Scott back and if Scott comes back in Scott fashion, I think that's going to further reduce the anxiety.

• Like 3

I'm in the middle and see both sides of it. The conspiracy theorist in me says that they were screwed Bret Hart in the '97 Survivor Series-style by the schedule makers. While the Bulls and Clippers got at least a full 45+ hours to gear up, they had the Hawks playing an early Sunday afternoon game after clinching Friday night on the road? I have a hard time believing that those shots don't fall if they had started the series 36 hours later on Monday night; the Whiz aren't THAT good defensively.

Anyway, enough with the excuses and on to reality. They missed a metric ton of makeable shots so far and I fully believe that those shots will be available once again in Games 3 and 4. Clamp down on Wall and Beal, get Scott and Korver going, find Mr. Miyagi's apprentice to fix Teague's ankle, hit the open shots, and we'll be looking at unchartered territory in a week's time instead of singing the blues...

Edited by Dejay
  • Like 3

And we're playing by far the weakest team left in the playoffs. With the way we lost Game 1, there is no way in hell we should be 1 - 1 right now.

I see what you're saying. But if we were playing Memphis, Chicago, or the Clippers in this round, we would be down 0 - 2 and looking at playoff DEATH.

Hopefully having 3.5 days off before we play again, will get them back on the right track.

I apologize if this has already been said elsewhere but...

The Game 1 loss was a statistical anomaly. The Hawks had 53 (53!!!!) uncontested field goal attempts, and they made only 15 of them. That's 28%. TWENTY. EIGHT. Not only is that unfathomably bad by Hawks standards, that's bad by any team's standards.

A one game sample means absolutely nothing in sports. It certainly means nothing in basketball, which is why we play seven-game series. If the Hawks continue to get something in the neighborhood of 53 uncontested shots per game, they're going to beat the brakes off of teams.

Blame it on nerves. Blame it on fatigue. Blame it on the Illuminati tightening up the rims. Doesn't matter what you blame it on, just understand that such a performance will likely never happen again.

• Like 4

We are down 0-2 if John Wall was healthy. Hard to be excited about this team right now. But you play whoever is on the court. Not our fault that Wall is hurt, so keep winning.