• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Wizards GAME 3 (5 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

Hey dont give up yet, i think Hawks getting to many expectations including winning a champion this year just because they got 60 wins and had a 19 winning streak this season. Even if hawks get eliminated in the playoffs, they can keep continue building and improving from this season to next season. 

If we lose this round the season was a disappointment. There is no reason a D-League-laden Wizards team should beat us in a 7 game series.

Heck we won 53 games under Woody and lost in the second round.

• Like 1

Hey dont give up yet, i think Hawks getting to many expectations including winning a champion this year just because they got 60 wins and had a 19 winning streak this season. Even if hawks get eliminated in the playoffs, they can keep continue building and improving from this season to next season. 

I haven't given up and I still expect them to win the series. I'm mad because my expectations and what I thought this team was turned upside down. No excuse for how flat they came out in the first half. The other team wanted it more, plain and simple. It was disgusting to watch a team I thought had the most grit in the NBA bite the pillow. I'll admit I wasn't ready for a reality check, but this is the fate of an Atlanta fan. Get excited only to be let down. Also, signing veterans who have been bounced around the league to cheap contracts isn't gonna get it done, we need talent. We'll see what happens but I aint putting my money on Danny Ferry.

They don't have anything to build with. This is about as good as Sap, Teague, Horford, Carroll and Korver get and they barely got out of the first round. 

The drafting has been spotty and no free agents are coming here.

Where is the improvement going to come from?

Edited by Hotlanta1981

They don't have anything to build with. This is about as good as Sap, Teague, Horford, Carroll and Korver get and they barely got out of the first round. 

The drafting has been spotty and no free agents are coming here.

Where is the improvement going to come from?

Hawks were the 8th seed last year, and this year Hawks won 60 games breaking their franchise record, Dennis improved a lot, Teague, Korver, millsap, and horford, were nominated for All star game. Coach Bud became coach of the year, 19 winning streak in january. That's a big improvement i was talking about. 

About the draft, I know coach Bud and Danny Ferry will look for players that fits in the system, they are not going to look for a superstar player. This is why I enjoyed watching the Hawks because they win games by playing as a team, not as individuals. But at some times they play as individuals and forget how to trust each other, and moving the ball and ending up losing, which is fine because everyone is not perfect. Every team make mistakes. 

Don't give up on Teague, horford , millsap, and DMC. You know they are banged up, and They are also important pieces in the team.

Now what hawks need is more playoffs experience but with same the group, so the chemistry is still strong . Just like how Spurs and the Clippers they kept  their same core players, and they keep getting better year after year. Im sure Danny Ferry and Coach Bud will do the same for the Hawks by keeping their core players. 

Even if hawks gets eliminated in this year playoffs, they can set a new goal in next season, and use it as motivation and fuel.

If we lose this round the season was a disappointment. There is no reason a D-League-laden Wizards team should beat us in a 7 game series.

Heck we won 53 games under Woody and lost in the second round.

You just have to give the wizards credit, they played better team ball compared to Hawk Starters. All we can do now is hope that the starters will play better in game 4 and play Hawk team basketball that we used seeing in regular season.

I haven't given up and I still expect them to win the series. I'm mad because my expectations and what I thought this team was turned upside down. No excuse for how flat they came out in the first half. The other team wanted it more, plain and simple. It was disgusting to watch a team I thought had the most grit in the NBA bite the pillow. I'll admit I wasn't ready for a reality check, but this is the fate of an Atlanta fan. Get excited only to be let down. Also, signing veterans who have been bounced around the league to cheap contracts isn't gonna get it done, we need talent. We'll see what happens but I aint putting my money on Danny Ferry.

Yea i kinda agree with you, i was disappointed too how the starters played in this game, it's like they  were unmotivated, no purpose, just going through the motion. Bench played better than the starters. 

But i trust Bud that he will punish his starters, and they will play better in game 4 with sense of purpose and urgency.

Also,Hawks playing in playoffs without Thabo, Yeah, we can't use that as an excuse, but it will be such big advantage if Thabo was playing. He's the best perimeter defender in the team, he's such a versatile player, and he can help his team in so many ways.

About Talent, I think hawks have enough talent, i think their missing one piece, they just need a center that can protect the rim, get rebounds and close driving lanes, like timmy, Aldridge, or Gasol. 

Im having high hopes that Hawks will hire a big man next season, He doesnt have to be a superstar, just an average skilled big man that will fit in their system.

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

Hawks were the 8th seed last year, and this year Hawks won 60 games breaking their franchise record, Dennis improved a lot, Teague, Korver, millsap, and horford, were nominated for All star game. Coach Bud became coach of the year, 19 winning streak in january. That's a big improvement i was talking about. 

About the draft, I know coach Bud and Danny Ferry will look for players that fits in the system, they are not going to look for a superstar player. This is why I enjoyed watching the Hawks because they win games by playing as a team, not as individuals. But at some times they play as individuals and forget how to trust each other, and moving the ball and ending up losing, which is fine because everyone is not perfect. Every team make mistakes. 

Don't give up on Teague, horford , millsap, and DMC. You know they are banged up, and They are also important pieces in the team.

Now what hawks need is more playoffs experience but with same the group, so the chemistry is still strong . Just like how Spurs and the Clippers they kept  their same core players, and they keep getting better year after year. Im sure Danny Ferry and Coach Bud will do the same for the Hawks by keeping their core players. 

Even if hawks gets eliminated in this year playoffs, they can set a new goal in next season, and use it as motivation and fuel.

They overachieved during the regular season. There is ZERO reason to believe that they will play like they did in December and Jan. You also have to remember that most didn't take the Hawks seriously coming into this season. They will have a target on their backs at the start of next season. They will not win 55-60 games next year.

The Spurs and Clippers have hall of fame players and the Hawks do not. It ends up being a False equivalence.

Getting to the finals in the east will not be easier. The Bucks and Magic will both be better.... Paul George will be back also. It's not going to get easy. If this team can't get to the finals with the east being this bad... They're not getting there with this core.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

They overachieved during the regular season. There is ZERO reason to believe that they will play like they did in December and Jan. You also have to remember that most didn't take the Hawks seriously coming into this season. They will have a target on their backs at the start of next season. They will not win 55-60 games next year.

The Spurs and Clippers have hall of fame players and the Hawks do not. It ends up being a False equivalence.

Getting to the finals in the east will not be easier. The Bucks and Magic will both be better.... Paul George will be back also. It's not going to get easy. If this team can't get to the finals with the east being this bad... They're not getting there with this core.

You dont need a hall of famer to win a championship, your already looking down on Jeff teague, Al horford and Millsap that easily. It's like you don't trust them. If you are insisting for a trade and they do get traded, what will happen to the team chemistry?

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

Even if DMC was on the floor, he would have had to switch off of PP. This is purely on Bazemore for his late doubleteam.

That's why Dennis should've been off the floor. Whitman wanted a favorable matchup against Pierce so he drew up a play to make our guards switch defensively. Terrible read by Bud.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

That's why Dennis should've been off the floor. Whitman wanted a favorable matchup against Pierce so he drew up a play to make our guards switch defensively. Terrible read by Bud.

Who should we have played?  DMC was on the bench with an injury, Millsap was on the bench with the flu, Horford is too slow to guard the small ball lineup...

• Like 1

I just said this same thing in another thread. The Hawks proved it was PLAYERS who won those chips out in San Antonio,NOT the system. People keep laughing when i mention Dwight Howard's name, but tell me this: WHY is Memphis giving Golden State suc a hard time?? THEIR BIGS do what BIGS DO............

You dont need a hall of famer to win a championship, your already looking down on Jeff teague, Al horford and Millsap that easily. It's like you don't trust them. If you are insisting for a trade and they do get traded, what will happen to the team chemistry?

Milsap is OUT of here. Im telling you, the Milsap/Horford front court undersized experiment is over. Bud has a FULL year now of watching BOTH Milsap and Horford get ate up inside. I saw one play where Gortot just dominated Horford for a easy 5 foot shot at the front of the rim. Coach Bud almost lost it. He is NOT used to seeing Duncan get ate up like that. The Hawks WILL get a defending big into that lineup.

Edited by atlhawks1

• Premium Member

Milsap is OUT of here. Im telling you, the Milsap/Horford front court undersized experiment is over. Bud has a FULL year now of watching BOTH Milsap and Horford get ate up inside. I saw one play where Gortot just dominated Horford for a easy 5 foot shot at the front of the rim. Coach Bud almost lost it. He is NOT used to seeing Duncan get ate up like that. The Hawks WILL get a defending big into that lineup.

Lets not be ridiculous...Gortat is averaging 11 points/game and 10 rebounds/ game in the series.  Horford is averaging 17/10

Edited by Peoriabird
  • Like 1

We've had cores of good players before:

Mookie/Smith/Corbin/Leattner/Deke

Four all stars in there.... And 4 all stars from an era where making the team was tougher.

Then we had:

Bibby/Joe Johnson/Marvin/Josh Smith/Horford

Again, you have a good core, but it can only max out in the 2nd round.

This core is going to max out the same way... More or less.

This team now:

-Nobody is known as a clutch performer

-The team lacks size

-The bench is weak

-No post scoring

-Questionable defense

The team has played in 9 playoff games this year and they only have one complete effort to show for it.

Sure, Teague/Korver/Carroll/Sap and Horford are good players, but not good enough to be a real threat in the playoffs.

• Premium Member

We've had cores of good players before:

Mookie/Smith/Corbin/Leattner/Deke

Four all stars in there.... And 4 all stars from an era where making the team was tougher.

Then we had:

Bibby/Joe Johnson/Marvin/Josh Smith/Horford

Again, you have a good core, but it can only max out in the 2nd round.

This core is going to max out the same way... More or less.

This team now:

-Nobody is known as a clutch performer

-The team lacks size

-The bench is weak

-No post scoring

-Questionable defense

The team has played in 9 playoff games this year and they only have one complete effort to show for it.

Sure, Teague/Korver/Carroll/Sap and Horford are good players, but not good enough to be a real threat in the playoffs.

You're a joke.

Teague, Millsap, and Horford all banged up + Thabo. They only had Wall on the bench, game planning for that.

This Hawks team is so damn good even a healthy bench was able beat up the washington starting line-up. They got lucky with PP. We will win this series while the starting 5 bottomed out and wont want to go to that place again.

Mark my word. We will crush DC 4-2.

• Like 3

Teague, Millsap, and Horford all banged up + Thabo. They only had Wall on the bench, game planning for that.

This Hawks team is so damn good even a healthy bench was able beat up the washington starting line-up. They got lucky with PP. We will win this series while the starting 5 bottomed out and wont want to go to that place again.

Mark my word. We will crush DC 4-2.

Yeah, I just watched the replay of the game. Very encouraged by the bench. No panic, we're good. Every higher seed is down a game now. A little adversity never hurt nobody.

This team should be expected to bust out any second, it can't get too much worse. They've only played about 48 minutes worth total of January-style ball in the playoffs so far. We all know it's there. Bud cannot be making crucial misjudgements anymore though.

The decisions down the stretch were questionable, Demarres injury unfortunate, but starting Pero was unquestionably disastrous. First it was Deron Williams waking up from the dead to steal a game, now Nene "I haven't scored a point all series but I'm licking my chops looking at Pero" Hilario. Hopefully we won't have to beg and plead for Moose anymore.

Bud hinted a few days ago that the long layoff would possibly be disadvantageous to his group: he was right. One day's rest the rest of the way thankfully.

F&@k it, Let's Go. There's still hope for the dreaded 1-20 to Hwy 78 Finals between us and Memphis.

Edited by benhillboy