• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Wizards GAME 4 (7 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

Seems like everyone is in agreement that Kyle can't face Beal anymore. We can't continue to get killed on both ends in that matchup.

I'm hoping like hell the Cavs advance: JR is a much more favorable matchup for Kyle than Butler.

I thought for sure the referees were going to review that agregious travel by Kyle and and take the ball away. Why not make the first travel review overturn go against the Hawks, huh? Glad Millsap hit the free throw quickly to ice the game

• Like 1

Moose deserved Pero's minutes. Pero has been hoisting airballs and playing no defense... Scott hasnt had a chance to play defense.

Hopefully with crowd at their back, we'll destroy the 'Tards.

corrected that for you.............

Edited by atlhawks1

• Premium Member

The refs were horrible last night. I don't think there's been one game we've played in both series so far that I think the refs were fair to both teams. And by that I mean not screwing Atlanta.

They called Paul for at least three phantom calls that kept him on the bench most of the second half. Nene and Gortat got away with moving screens the entire game. That wide open three Pierce missed at the end? Yeah, go back and watch Nene flatten DMC on a moving pick.

I have never seen a number one team in the playoffs get so little respect.

• Like 1

The refs were horrible last night. I don't think there's been one game we've played in both series so far that I think the refs were fair to both teams. And by that I mean not screwing Atlanta.

They called Paul for at least three phantom calls that kept him on the bench most of the second half. Nene and Gortat got away with moving screens the entire game. That wide open three Pierce missed at the end? Yeah, go back and watch Nene flatten DMC on a moving pick.

I have never seen a number one team in the playoffs get so little respect.

You also have the clear path foul that was clear as day when Pierce grabbed Carroll's jersey.  They kill DMC's chance at a layup by calling the foul and then they don't give us the clear path foul.  Also, at the beginning of the game, DMC got Pierce in the air and DMC leaned in to him when taking a shot.  This was clearly a shooting foul and they let it go.  They then call a very weak foul on DMC 5 seconds later.

• Like 3

• Moderators

You also have the clear path foul that was clear as day when Pierce grabbed Carroll's jersey.  They kill DMC's chance at a layup by calling the foul and then they don't give us the clear path foul.  Also, at the beginning of the game, DMC got Pierce in the air and DMC leaned in to him when taking a shot.  This was clearly a shooting foul and they let it go.  They then call a very weak foul on DMC 5 seconds later.

Typical NBA BS.   I think the league is desperate to write this 'john wall playing with a broken hand in the ECF' script.   I mean it's either deliberate or incompetent and neither is good for the league.   There's 3 friggin refs on the court.  They shouldn't be doing this poorly but if we ever start getting the benefit then i guess i'll be all for it too (not).

Not even reviewing the clear path no-call was just awesome.  With all the precautionary, "uh, we saw the foul but just wanna check it again ... for the 112th time just to make sure we get it right" reviews, to not even go to the monitor for such a big call was reprehensible.  The game gets delayed for a myriad of reasons.  That was a legit moment to go to the monitor and they just up and decided it wasn't even that important to them.

And the fact that they missed the clock freeze was equally reprehensible.  Unless I'm missing something here (and please stop my rant if I am), there were 7-8 seconds of frozen time that should've been run off the clock.  IOW, WAS wouldn't have even had time for Pierce's shot at the end.

Typical NBA BS.   I think the league is desperate to write this 'john wall playing with a broken hand in the ECF' script.   I mean it's either deliberate or incompetent and neither is good for the league.   There's 3 friggin refs on the court.  They shouldn't be doing this poorly but if we ever start getting the benefit then i guess i'll be all for it too (not).

Receiving the benefit of ref favoritism is the ONLY reason that I would like to have a league-coined "superstar". 

I would really rather games just be called fair and square on both ends.  Too bad that's impossible in this league.

• Like 3

Not even reviewing the clear path no-call was just awesome.  With all the precautionary, "uh, we saw the foul but just wanna check it again ... for the 112th time just to make sure we get it right" reviews, to not even go to the monitor for such a big call was reprehensible.  The game gets delayed for a myriad of reasons.  That was a legit moment to go to the monitor and they just up and decided it wasn't even that important to them.

And the fact that they missed the clock freeze was equally reprehensible.  Unless I'm missing something here (and please stop my rant if I am), there were 7-8 seconds of frozen time that should've been run off the clock.  IOW, WAS wouldn't have even had time for Pierce's shot at the end.

I forgot about the clock freeze.  Another big time mistake by the refs.

I also saw a pic from the Chicago Game 4.  All 3 refs were looking directly at Blatt when he was begging for the timeout and all 3 of them swallowed their whistle.

• Like 1

So many non calls for us, we could've easily pulled away if they called something on Nene. Then Muscala got called for nothing on defense, he gets screwed so often because he isn't a big name. Terrible officiating but we fought through that.

We had some luck though since the Wiz weren't scoring at will either in the 4th. And how does nobody help on Pierce and leave him that wide open??? Even if DMC was knocked down the big needs to step up.

There's a reason the Wiz beat Toronto 4-0, they are hot from the arc in these playoffs. Our big first half helped us manage to hang on with some key Teague and Horford buckets down the stretch. Maybe Bud got a little panicky with his coaching but a tied series coming home will hopefully help him calm down and help get the Hawks some rhythm.

And the refs missed at least two goaltending calls on the Wizards.  That first shot early (I think Teague took the shot)  in the game was obviously on the way down.

Edited by Watchman

I must say, going into the NBA Advanced Section for games is pretty nice now. You can think about whatever event you thought was bullshit during the game and review it:

http://stats.nba.com/game/#!/0041400204/playbyplay/

All you have to do is recall when it happened in the game and boom, click the video icon and you've got it. The only downside is you can't embed the video easily...I wonder if computer wiz extraordinaire @Dolfan23 can figure out how to embed those videos.

That is pretty awesome but yeah there's no way they've built in an embed feature, although I'd assume that's a feature they're working on. You can share a link directly to the play but that's the best you can do. 

I give the refs a pass all in all because they missed when Kyle took 5 full steps and 2.5 baby steps on that inbounds. The game surely goes to overtime or worse if they do.

At the end of the day, they're only referees, can't expect much out of them with some of the outrageous things they do and don't. If we were on our A-Game they wouldn't contribute to the drama.

• Moderators

The Pointer Brother.

~lw3

I give the refs a pass all in all because they missed when Kyle took 5 full steps and 2.5 baby steps on that inbounds. The game surely goes to overtime or worse if they do.

At the end of the day, they're only referees, can't expect much out of them with some of the outrageous things they do and don't. If we were on our A-Game they wouldn't contribute to the drama.

And they missed that obvious clear path foul as well. They don't miss that call and the game is already over by the time Kyle may have traveled. 

Wait, so you're telling me you think that this play might have been a clear path? {/sarcasm}

http://on.nba.com/1E3KUdd

One might even be able to come up with a good argument that this should have been a shooting foul.

I mean, was that not *ahem* clearly a clear-path foul?  At worst they should've at least LOOKED at it!

Korver/Beal gets worse because now we get a more steady dose of Beal with Wall out. Beal becomes the number one option and that makes it harder for Kyle... Surely Bulldozer will make some adjustments.

Let's wait until we see whether the MVP suits up or not. I have a feeling that they'll play Wall in either game 5 or more likely game 6.

Plus I'm ok with us playing Teague on Beal defensively as he's got the ability to slow him down and no way Beal is gonna go off like that on a regular basis. Let Schröder defend whomever they have in at PG (assuming no Wall) and we'll be ok.