• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DeMarre Carroll

ATLhawksfan97

DMC. One of the most hardworking players that I have ever seen that has played for an Atlanta team. The man fought and clawed his way to where he is today dealing with the death of his brother as a child as well as being shot in the ankle defending two teammates. Going into these ECF I really saw DeMarre finding a home in Atlanta. But after watching him tonight roll and writhe in pain on the court as he held his knee almost nearly put tears into my eyes. IDC if people say that we shouldn't resign him and that he will miss a part of the 2016 season. This man has dealt with so much his whole entire life and still deserves that paycheck from the Atlanta Hawks. Maybe i'm thinking worse case scenario and that hopefully DMC only has a hyperextended knee but I fell it in my gut that DeMarre is gonna be out for a while. If Atlanta wants to have repeat success in the playoffs like they are having this year, then we have to resign this man. I am more then willing to wait a year if it means we can get "The Junkyard Dog" back in an Atlanta uniform ASAP.

#PrayforDeMarre

• Like 4

Right on. No one on this board should feel any angst towards DeMarre. He brings it night in and night out, and he sets the example of how intense his teammates should feel when they play. Prayers to the almighty that he comes back stronger than ever in a HAWKS uniform.

• Like 2

Right on. No one on this board should feel any angst towards DeMarre. He brings it night in and night out, and he sets the example of how intense his teammates should feel when they play. Prayers to the almighty that he comes back stronger than ever in a HAWKS uniform.

Agreed. DeMarre's intensity on defense rubs off onto other players which sparks runs for us. I am a firm believer that it is guys like DeMarre Carroll that makes teammates better and ultimately win championships. Even if we are unable to win this series, Coach Bud will be able to regroup in the offseason and hopefully resign DeMarre and Paul Millsap as well as getting rid of everyone's favorite. Pero Antić.

I agree 100%...he was a BIG part of getting us to the ECFs....hopefully it wasn't as bad as it looked.

As far as this series goes...without him I am very concerned.

Hopefully it was just a hyperextension and not an ACL. I agree totally about the concern for this series. It will be very interesting to see how our guys will respond in Game 2. 

I agree 100%...he was a BIG part of getting us to the ECFs....hopefully it wasn't as bad as it looked.

As far as this series goes...without him I am very concerned.

Already down with Thabo...don't have a lot left if DMC is done!

Come on Hawks!!! Rise up!

• Moderators

I agree Demarre should be brought back, but he isn't worth the 7-8 mil he had earned anymore. Learn from Lou. If I was the GM, I'd offer 3yr/$15 mil with the 3rd year a team option. That's 5 mil a year and, if Demarre unfortunately never fully recovers, we can cut ties on that third year. Fair for both sides.