• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Scott

NBASupes

• Premium Member

I do remember a short stretch when he checked in he immediately gave up like 3 offensive rebounds in a row then shortly after he got his shot blocked and the ball bounced on his head out of bounds. He was getting embarrassed out there. 

Im guessing thats what got him benched.

Muskala was -10 in like 3 minutes of playing time

I do remember a short stretch when he checked in he immediately gave up like 3 offensive rebounds in a row then shortly after he got his shot blocked and the ball bounced on his head out of bounds. He was getting embarrassed out there. 

Im guessing thats what got him benched.

Bud should have went to one of those extra bigs that the hawks are loaded with. They have plenty of big men according to coach bud.

Scott would've knocked down those shots if he wasn't buried on the bench. Most of you guys speak from a fan perspective. Its hard to sit 12+ games and then come in and shoot effectively. He played well defensively and took open shots.

Al and Millsap deserve the criticism. Yeah, Dellavadova plays dirty but you have to think like a leader. There's no way you should take a chance like that in a pivotal playoff game. Horfords a complete idiot for being that selfish. If Millsap closed out correctly, three 3 point shots wouldn't be taken wide open. He killed the team with his hero ball on defense.

Why does Bud struggle with out of bounds plays?

Mike Scott and Pero need to upgraded next year.

Scott got to go. Muscula been in ATL less than Scott and is already a better player. I wish there was a non-guaranteed contract that could be traded for him so Muscula can hold down the backup PF spot.

It's as if he went to the Andrea Bargnani school of basketball decision making.  The misses, early takes and ball watching weren't the worst to me.....it was on a few plays earlier on defence...fense where I think Bron drove, I think Teague came to help and then Scott decided to come off his man and defend.....out of bounds.  Maybe he thought that was the only angle a pass could go....but like, he also opened up a much larger angle by vacating a quarter of the court.  Easy pass off while Mike is flailing his hands in the air out of bounds with zero chance of recovering to the wide open shooter and splash.

Why do you watch a ball go out of bounds in the playoffs?!? There's a 100% chance we have the ball than if you watch it go out and put the onus on the refs.

That was the nail in the coffin and disappointing. I thought he had a clutch edge but he's not showing it this playoffs.

Especially when the refs are giving Cavs all the calls. Air head

Edited by DrReality

Schröder didn't that long but he wasn't effective today. Cleveland downloaded his card and now he's not as effective. Mack plays smart and shoots better than Jeff and Dennis but he's a liability on defense and doesn't have much talent in general. 

Bazemore is suppose to have a bad +/- considering the mins he was playing. 

I disagree. In those 2 minutes of playing-time, het had gotten two guys two wide open shots, of which Mack hit a 3 and Bazemore stepped inside and missed. Then worked out a wide open lay-up himself where he got suprised on the help-side, but could have went right under the basket to finish. All three offensive possessions he had could have been sealed easily.

I have no idea why Bud subbed him. Similar to last game where he started a 7-0 run in that otherwise horrible 3rd quarter.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Why do you watch a ball go out of bounds in the playoffs?!? There's a 100% chance we have the ball than if you watch it go out and put the onus on the refs.

That was the nail in the coffin and disappointing. I thought he had a clutch edge but he's not showing it this playoffs.

I don't disagree.

However, watching the replay, it's a strong possibility that the Ball was off Shumpert.

DMC went for the tip out but the ball hit shump's hand last.

• Premium Member

Scott got to go. Muscula been in ATL less than Scott and is already a better player. I wish there was a non-guaranteed contract that could be traded for him so Muscula can hold down the backup PF spot.

Muscula was getting Rag Dolled all night.   He needs to get in the weight room.

I'm really for going for a guy like Crowder.  He's not a special talent, but he's a worker like DMC.

• Like 1

Muscula was getting Rag Dolled all night.   He needs to get in the weight room.

I'm really for going for a guy like Crowder.  He's not a special talent, but he's a worker like DMC.

He's a RFA who Boston wants to resign. You gonna be disappointed if we lost DMC and all we got to replace him is Jared Dudley or Richard Jefferson.

• Moderators

I certainly don't think Scott was perfect but I don't blame Bud for sticking with that lineup. Our other lineups were getting crushed in the second half and that group held their own. Moose got abused and the team struggled when he was out there. They were better with Scott so I won't second guess Bud for sticking with what he thought was the best lineup that night down the stretch. Watching the ball go out hurt some, though.

I certainly don't think Scott was perfect but I don't blame Bud for sticking with that lineup. Our other lineups were getting crushed in the second half and that group held their own. Moose got abused and the team struggled when he was out there. They were better with Scott so I won't second guess Bud for sticking with what he thought was the best lineup that night down the stretch. Watching the ball go out hurt some, though.

We learn something tonight that we knew al season. Our bench is weak. Outside of Dennis and he is inconsistent at this point of his career. We have no one that can excel playing more than 10 mins in a game without getting exposed.

Don't know what Bud has against Moose

I cheered for Moose to get his shot and he got it.  He was getting abused from anyone with more weight on them.  Unfortunately Moose is going to have to add some bulk or learn to play the 3 slot because he can't bang with NBA boys. 

We learn something tonight that we knew al season. Our bench is weak. Outside of Dennis and he is inconsistent at this point of his career. We have no one that can excel playing more than 10 mins in a game without getting exposed.

The bench doesn't suck, we were put in an impossible position. Pero and Muscala had bad games and we had no starting center to go to. If Horford is playing, I don't think the rebounding issue gets that exposed.

• Premium Member

I disagree. In those 2 minutes of playing-time, het had gotten two guys two wide open shots, of which Mack hit a 3 and Bazemore stepped inside and missed. Then worked out a wide open lay-up himself where he got suprised on the help-side, but could have went right under the basket to finish. All three offensive possessions he had could have been sealed easily.

I have no idea why Bud subbed him. Similar to last game where he started a 7-0 run in that otherwise horrible 3rd quarter.

Sorry DS17 fanboy, but your boy Schro is one of the bigger reasons we are down this series. One of Buds biggest mistakes has been not giving Mack his minutes earlier on in the series.

Sorry DS17 fanboy, but your boy Schro is one of the bigger reasons we are down this series. One of Buds biggest mistakes has been not giving Mack his minutes earlier on in the series.

OK then reason with me. Explain why that is. And dont come with esotheric talk about disturbing the flow of a game that wasnt there to begin with.

My boy had 34 minutes the whole series, 19 points on 45% FG , 5 assists, 2TO's, 6 rebounds and a steal.

If thats one game then that sounds like border-line allstar numbers during a playoff game with most your team banged up or chucking.

Your turn...

Edited by DS17Fanboy

• Premium Member

OK then reason with me. Explain why that is. And dont come with esotheric talk about disturbing the flow of a game that wasnt there to begin with.

Because he hasn't been scoring, or assisting or running the offense well, and has either been last or second to last in +- every single game because the defense of the opposing team can clog the lane when he is out there because he has shot 24% from three point range during the playoffs and 14% during this series. He kills our spacing, and his drives that end in blocks i.e. the vast majority of them, lead to transition opportunities for the Cavs. Mack can at least knock down an open shot every now and again, and doesn't carelesly drive and get his shot blocked. That makes him a clear improvement at this point. Schröder right now is like a WORSE shooting version of Rondo, and without defense. (his defense has been pretty bad for most of the year, and it has been terrible in the playoffs)