• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We Were up 1 with 26 seconds with the Full Shot Clock!

LastDon

You're actually not wrong.  In spite of it all, we have a very good chance to win this game.  That said, we shouldn't have to play 5-on-11 (including replay refs).

• Premium Member

We can't fault no one but ourselves..We could have had very close to the last shot prior to over time.. the clock could have been milked to 2 seconds.. Scott took a hasty shot and Lebron goes and hit the big corner 3..smh

Would have been up at least three if Teague would have gotten the OBVIOUS calls on his last two drives. Or if they called traveling on Lebron, or fouls on their push offs during rebounds, or given us the possession on two out of bounds plays where Cleveland players clearly were the last to touch, or if Al had played, etc. etc. etc.

But I agree though, despite it all it was still our game to lose and we just didn't play smart. I understand trying to take advantage of the 4 on 5 while lebron cries like a little girl on the other end, but it wasn't the smart decision at that point in time. Set up the offense and run something with Teague as the clock runs down. On the other hand even if we had done that however, there is no guarantee the outcome would have been different as it was only a 1 point lead.

Edited by Atlantaholic

We'll get better... this offseason.

Unlikely.

Just resigning Carroll and Sap will take the hawks money. 

We can't count on the Hawks draft picks helping much either.

Mangement will resign those to guys and comeback with maybe a bench player for next year. They will tell us health is the reason the Hawks lost in the playoffs, and the team has learned from this years playoff experience and they will do better.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Would have been up at least three if Teague would have gotten the OBVIOUS calls on his last two drives. Or if they called traveling on Lebron, or fouls on their push offs during rebounds, or given us the possession on two out of bounds plays where Cleveland players clearly were the last to touch, or if Al had played, etc. etc. etc.

But I agree though, despite it all it was still our game to lose and we just didn't play smart. I understand trying to take advantage of the 4 on 5 while lebron cries like a little girl on the other end, but it wasn't the smart decision at that point in time. Set up the offense and run something with Teague as the clock runs down. On the other hand even if we had done that however, there is no guarantee the outcome would have been different as it was only a 1 point lead.

Teague isnt going to get those fouls in the playoffs but one that play in overtime when teague missed his final layup he had a step on Lebron and should have flushed it but changed to the finger roll and blew it..smh
  • Like 1

Unlikely.

Just resigning Carroll and Sap will take the hawks money.

We can't count on the Hawks draft picks helping much either.

Mangement will resign those to guys and comeback with maybe a bench player for next year. They will tell us health is the reason the Hawks lost in the playoffs, and the team has learned from this years playoff experience and they will do better.

And are those things not true? It's not like the Cavs are light years ahead of us. I'd say we've got as good a chance as anyone coming out the East.

Teague isnt going to get those fouls in the playoffs but one that play in overtime when teague missed his final layup he had a step on Lebron and should have flushed it but changed to the finger roll and blew it..smh

Agreed. Teague isn't getting knick knack calls. We aren't a marketable team. We gonna have to know that in the playoffs, the right teams can get away with murder. That's why you gotta get a lot of talent so your team don't get the short end of the stick like the old school Blazers.

Cavs are way better than the Hawks. They are destroying us without Love and Kyrie. If those two were playing these games wouldn't be within 30 points.

Kevin Love is Soft and Kyrie short arms has no D..The outcome prolly would be the polar opposite if both were playing..Tristan Thompson is doing a lot of the dirty work but he was neutralized by the switch we made by putting Horford on him in game 3..

• Moderators

End of regulation Lebron just pushes Demarre about 5 feet to contest Teague's jumper.  I'm not sure who in the league is allowed to push through a screen like that other than james.   Ridiculous

The screen play is a key thing where the refs make all the difference in the world.  Egregious moving screens not called by NJ, calling suspect moving screens on ATL, letting people throw screeners aside, etc. All those things shape how games turn out and there is very little second guessing of how those calls are made.  You just get something like Webber saying "Wow, that looked like a good screen from Millsap.  Don't know about that call.  Now let's move on."  In a toss-up game like many playoff games, all it takes is shading a few possessions to influence the outcome of the game.

My perspective is not that the NBA does this with an overt agenda where they tell refs to make sure certain teams win.  Instead, the superstars get their bonus call (or non-calls) and the teammates of superstars get their secondary bonuses while the teams like Memphis and Atlanta get shafted.  It is why Jordan got away with pushing off on his 'final' shot versus Utah, why Ewing always got to walk on his pet moves, etc. and the non-superstars just have to live with a competitive disadvantage.

It is one of the main reasons I want a superstar in Atlanta.  I'd rather the game be balanced with the refs.  But if it isn't going to be balanced, I'd rather benefit from the imbalance than be hurt by it.