• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Vivlamore on 92.9!

Wurider05

The best option is to tank if they miss out on Sap

That means you have no confidence in your boy Al Horford. With no Millsap here, he or Teague become the offensive alpha dog.

You say he's a more efficient version of Karl Malone. Well with a legit center beside him, he now gets a golden chance to prove that, if Millsap isn't here.

• Like 1

That means you have no confidence in your boy Al Horford. With no Millsap here, he or Teague become the offensive alpha dog.

You say he's a more efficient version of Karl Malone. Well with a legit center beside him, he now gets a golden chance to prove that, if Millsap isn't here.

Ok, that was Good.

• Premium Member

Why trade Dennis? He is going to be better than Teague. 

As I said, I'm not in favor of it. But we've heard rumors for two years that the Kings want Dennis and the only thing they can offer us is Gay because they aren't trading us Cousins. Our new FO has been caught with their pants around the ankles and a new ownership to please. It wouldn't shock me at all if we see the Hawks panic trade

As I said, I'm not in favor of it. But we've heard rumors for two years that the Kings want Dennis and the only thing they can offer us is Gay because they aren't trading us Cousins. Our new FO has been caught with their pants around the ankles and a new ownership to please. It wouldn't shock me at all if we see the Hawks panic trade

ding ding ding. We've seen the hawks pull about 3 straight panic moves. One more wouldnt surprise me

The Kings may have wanted Dennis, but like I said, at this point I prefer no move regarding Dennis as opposed to panicking.

Ummm. Last I checked Gay was a Grizz

Carroll leaves Hawks in free agency frenzy

Posted: 3:14 p.m. Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Email 0Facebook 0Twitter 1ShareThis 1

By Chris Vivlamore - The Atlanta Journal-Constitution 

The NBA free agency period moves fast – and the Hawks were involved in a whirlwind of activity on the very first day.

To recap Wednesday:

+ Carroll leaves Hawks in free agency frenzy photo  
 Curtis Compton  

Hawks DeMarre Carroll breaks away with a steal with Cavaliers Iman Shumpert in pursuit in game 1 of the Eastern Conference ... read more 

* DeMarre Carroll left after he agreed to a four-year, $60 million deal with the Raptors.

* Tiago Splitter arrived after the he was acquired in a trade with the Spurs.

* Paul Millsap still must decide between contract offers from the Hawks and Magic.

Of their own unrestricted free agents, the Hawks had to choose between Carroll and Millsap. Millsap met with the Magic just after midnight. He now has offers from both teams in the neighborhood of $20 million per season and will choose between the two, according to a person familiar with the situation.

With the writing on the wall, Carroll met with the Raptors for two hours Wednesday morning. They left with an agreement on a contract far more than Carroll has made in his career. He cancelled scheduled meetings with the Pistons and Suns and broke the news via social media.

“I just felt like this was the best opportunity,” Carroll told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution minutes after his announcement. “They are a playoff team and they said they can’t get past the first round. They feel like having me, the way I performed last year in the playoffs, will help them get past the first round. It’s a great opportunity for me. I really excited to play alongside DeMar DeRozan and Kyle Lowry.”

Carroll, 28, played two years in Atlanta for $5 million, including $2.4 million last season. He made $8 million in his six-year career. He will become the highest paid Raptor at $15 million per season.

“It was a difficult situation,” Carroll said. “Atlanta was close to my heart for two years.”

The Hawks are in need of a starting small forward to replace Carroll, who averaged 11.8 points and 5.4 rebounds in 143 games in his two seasons. Thabo Sefolosha, who is recovering from a broken right fibula and ligament damage, and Kent Bazemore are on the roster. The Hawks also have newly acquired Tim Hardaway Jr.

Carroll added grit to the Hawks and was their best defensive player. Before arriving in Atlanta two years ago, he apologized in advance for fans sitting in the front rows in case he dove on them in a quest for a loose ball. He earned his nickname Junkyard Dog and became a fan favorite. Carroll priced himself out of the Hawks’ market with his stellar performance in the Hawks’ postseason run.

The Hawks agreed to acquire Splitter but terms of the deal are being finalized, according to a person familiar with the situation. Splitter, a 6-foot-11, 232-pound forward/center, played all five seasons with the Spurs. He averaged 8.2 points and 4.8 rebounds in 19.8 minutes last season.

Splitter, 30, has two years remaining on his contract and will make $8.5 million next season and $8.25 million the following season.

Mike Budenholzer coached Splitter as an assistant coach with the Spurs before taking over the Hawks two years ago. The addition gives the Hawks depth behind Al Horford and Mike Muscala at center and in case Millsap leaves for the Magic. The Hawks lost restricted free agent center Pero Antić, who will return to Europe. Horford will enter the final year of his deal with the Hawks and will make $12 million.

Millsap, 30, has been the Hawks best player since signing a two-year, $19 million contract as a free agent in 2013. The power forward made the All-Star team both seasons and averaged 17.3 points and 8.1 rebounds.

Millsap said following the season that he felt comfortable in Atlanta and would take into account the success of the Hawks but would weigh all his options in free agency.

The restructuring of the Hawks’ roster are the first moves with Budenholzer serving as president of basketball operations and head coach and Wes Wilcox serving as general manager. The promotions of both were announced by the team Tuesday on the eve of the free agent frenzy.

The Hawks entered free agency with about $24.6 million in salary cap space. More moves are likely, including as part of the Splitter deal, as the Hawks rework a roster that won a franchise-record 60 games last season and advanced to the Eastern Conference finals. Much more work will have to be done if the Hawks lose Millsap as well.

The salary cap is projected to be $67.1 million next season but could reportedly rise. There will be a significant jump in the salary cap the following year with the league’s new television contract.

The fact that im opposed to it makes me think Bud would do it

Because YOU were Coach-of-the-Year and have 5 rings?

I sure was in 2k, and I didn't make an panic moves

Ahhhhhhh, well that explains a lot.......

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1