• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks still showing strong interest in Monta Ellis?

GameTime

I want this to happen just because so many people don't want him.

That's not surprising.....

• Like 2

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

hehe... really... I just don't get the body chemistry that sends oxytocin into the blood stream on the basis of moaning and belittling... and yet, the desire to consider oneself a "fan"... but whatever... it's a free country and a free board...

hehe... really... I just don't get the body chemistry that sends oxytocin into the blood stream on the basis of moaning and belittling... and yet, the desire to consider oneself a "fan"... but whatever... it's a free country and a free board...

The Miserable Ones find it the only route to happiness. Misery that is ;)

jack-nicholson-smile.gif

I'd be first in line for a red Monta jersey... Except the font on the back would read, "Have It All".

Get it done, Budcox!

I'm not necessarily on the Monta wagon, but this is hilarious.

The 'have it all' jersey?! El oh el. Sign me up for 2.

PG: Jeff Teague / Dennis Schröder / Shelvin Mack

SG: Monta Ellis / Tim Hardaway Jr. / Kent Bazemore

SF: Kyle Korver / Thabo Sefolosha

PF: Paul Millsap / Mike Scott or Mike Muscalla

C: Al Horford / Tiago Splitter / Walter Tavares

LOL, we are going to make alot of role players rich if thats going to be our line up for the year.

His defense is better than Hardaway's and at least Monta has active hands and can steal the ball. No reason why Monta couldn't come in here and pass more, shoot less, and work within the team's philosophy and still be a legit scoring threat.

But it's moot anyway because there isn't money to sign him.

Monta has allot of qualities and I think he's underrated in this league, by the fans, and especially by the reffs. Problem is that Monta thinks that as well, and some coffee and donuts with that.

He always plays with a chip on his shoulder, often did things Carlysle didnt want while surrounded by several other scorers/handlers, and ended the season pouting openly allot.

"Monta have it all", but in Monta's definition of "all", being coached to restrain himself doesnt exist. He just doesnt have that. He doesnt fit the Hawks.

• Moderators

So Monta Ellis would be the worst thing ever but THJ is our next all-star?

Pretty sure my reaction was on the less than positive side to the THJ trade.  Monta on top of that would have made me lose it.

For others, I think the difference is the price tag.

Pretty sure my reaction was on the less than positive side to the THJ trade. Monta on top of that would have made me lose it.

For others, I think the difference is the price tag.

Price tag and attitude. THjr can still be molded. Monta is set and fired.

• Moderators

Price tag and attitude. THjr can still be molded. Monta is set and fired.

That is fair, too.  Much more future development opportunity for THJ.  If he goes to being average defensively, that will be huge.