• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks a strong candidate for free agent Wesley Johnson

GameTime

I think you're forgetting that his cap hold will not be for the max salary. IIRC it's only like $16m or something like that. Which means we could add a bigtime free agent up the the cap + Horford's cap hold, and then sign Horford to whatever we want even if it's over the cap. See Cleveland this year.

But we'll also have Bazemore coming off the books with only Early Bird rights, just like DMC and Millsap this season.

While that's true, look at the FA options next yr? 

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2016/

Not really anyone we need unless Wes or Thabo doesn't work out

Yea, I much prefer Richard Jefferson for bench filler because he can shoot a little bit.

He resigned w/ Dallas

While that's true, look at the FA options next yr? 

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2016/

Not really anyone we need unless Wes or Thabo doesn't work out

Durant

Batum

Wilson Chandler

MKG

Harrison Barnes

Perry Jones

Jeff Green

There will be some options out there. And you're assuming we get Wes, which isn't a done deal. No, I fully expect, barring a trade for a starter, that Korver and Baze will be our starting wings this year. With Thabo and Hardaway as backups. If we add Wes, perhaps that changes things, we'll see.

He's purely a backup at this time in any system. Not sure Atlanta wants to go in that direction. He not really a fit. That would be Richard Jefferson. You want a potential starting SF or a developmental SF instead of an Elton Brand type at a need position.

Jefferson will sign with the Mavericks.

• Admin

Durant

Batum

Wilson Chandler

MKG

Harrison Barnes

Perry Jones

Jeff Green

There will be some options out there. And you're assuming we get Wes, which isn't a done deal. No, I fully expect, barring a trade for a starter, that Korver and Baze will be our starting wings this year. With Thabo and Hardaway as backups. If we add Wes, perhaps that changes things, we'll see.

you really included Perry Jones in that list? He is terrible. We could get him for a second rounder if we wanted him. Although he is not worth that

you really included Perry Jones in that list? He is terrible. We could get him for a second rounder if we wanted him. Although he is not worth that

Perry Jones isn't a Hawks type of player. He's more like Jordan Crawford types.

I imagine you might have said the same thing about Hardaway before we traded for him? Who knows who or what Bud is looking at.

I imagine you might have said the same thing about Hardaway before we traded for him? Who knows who or what Bud is looking at.

Naw, Hardaway plays our style of ball though. Jones doesn't. I think you are confusing talent that hasn't succeeded with our system. Jones needs to be on the Lakers or Sixers, not the Hawks.

• Moderators

Dorrell Wright, Gerald Green, Jr smith   ???

Scratch JR Smith.  He won't be had for $2.8M by Cleveland's biggest rival in the East.  Wright, Green, etc..  we need to get moving on this!

Dorrell Wright, Gerald Green, Jr smith ???

First two sure, the last guy....aaahhh I just don't have the energy as a fan to babysit. I just, I'm old..