• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Justin Holiday signed by hawks

GrimeyKidd

What I don't like is Th Jr and Holiday will eat a lot of Bazemore's minutes. I was hoping that with increasing PT, he would take the next step. Maybe Bud feels like Bazemore will be gone next summer (early Bird rights).

If Bazemore can't beat out Th Jr or Holiday he doesn't have the potential you hope he does in this system.

I'm liking this Holiday player.

• Like 4

What I don't like is Th Jr and Holiday will eat a lot of Bazemore's minutes. I was hoping that with increasing PT, he would take the next step. Maybe Bud feels like Bazemore will be gone next summer (early Bird rights).

I think it's more likely he envisions Baze stepping into the starting SF slot. I believe the franchise has big expectations for him and they're going to give him every opportunity to grow.

6'7 7'0.5 wingspan

Bruce Bowen was 190

I knew Bowen was old but damn 190?

• Like 4

I think it's more likely he envisions Baze stepping into the starting SF slot. I believe the franchise has big expectations for him and they're going to give him every opportunity to grow.

I can see that happening but I would be more comfortable if Bazemore had the size of a prototypical SF. We already play with an undersized C-PF...

• Like 1

Competition.

Are we playing small at the wing this next year? I guess Mike Scott and Millsap can play some 3 if we need to go big.

Wouldn't the idea of going big mean actually defending bigger SF's? Holiday can do a better job than Scott easily.

• Moderators

Are you saying the Squawk is reacting on Holiday the same way we reacted to the Hawks signing DMC 2 years ago? Negative on him now but positive later?

I'm usually lean Positive Polyanna anyway, but I'd rather be with this team's fans than those who are throw parades ("Hedo Turkoglu, yeah! Championship, here we come!") at first, only to turn heel later. We're all just getting in on the ground floor with these up-and-comers.

~lw3

• Like 1

Wouldn't the idea of going big mean actually defending bigger SF's? Holiday can do a better job than Scott easily.

Doesn't take much to out defend Scott. Question is does he have a conscience when he comes in and misses several shots in a row early in the shot clock? It takes a special type to be able to just fire away like you're playing 2K and not on an NBA team.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Confusing.

Bazemore might not even be figuring into the 2nd unit, and he certainly doesn't have a SF body... not seeing that scenario (i.e., grooming to be a starter) at all.

Can Scott defend SFs on the perimeter? Can Sap? I don't see that either, at least not on any routine basis.

Budcox must see something they love about this guy, but it's not clear what that is for the moment... I'm sure we'll all be scouring the internet to figure that out over the course of the evening.

On the eve of the end of the moratorium, I'm suspicious there's another shoe that's going to drop.

Edited by sturt

• Premium Member

Or maybe they're planning on starting Splitter, moving Al to PF and moving Sap to SF?

I think this was mentioned after Sap signed. Not saying I agree with it, but this might have been a reason Sap wanted to stay here.