• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks In 1st Where They Belong

hazer

I feel like a lot of other people that aren't Hawks fans like our jersey but most Hawks fans don't.

We know our history a little better and I think bringing the Pac back last year was a tease to me that we would go for a more old school look but instead end up with this.....

• Like 2

I feel like a lot of other people that aren't Hawks fans like our jersey but most Hawks fans don't.

We know our history a little better and I think bringing the Pac back last year was a tease to me that we would go for a more old school look but instead end up with this.....

I always question that part.  It appears that people only know the Nique era history and pine for that as if that was the start of the franchise.  The current and previous kits took on design elements from, you know, even much older kits than the pacman era jerseys yet with every redesign all I hear or read from fans are that the Hawks need to go "old school".

• Like 1

Non Hawks fans and NBA fans under the age of 19...:-|

• Admin

I actually really dig the Hawks uniforms it also shows we want to be innovators and not stay with the norm like everyone else (although it had to grow on me) ... Clippers uniforms (and logo) are absolutely horrible....Philly's are just plain boring ... Hornets don't look much different ... I really like the Raptors new uni's ...  I love the Bucks new uni's as well.  

Edited by capstone21
  • Like 2

I actually really dig the Hawks uniforms it also shows we want to be innovators and not stay with the norm like everyone else (although it had to grow on me) ... Clippers uniforms (and logo) are absolutely horrible....Philly's are just plain boring ... Hornets don't look much different ... I really like the Raptors new uni's ...  I love the Bucks new uni's as well.  

I actually think this "new innovative style" with the neon colours is the new norm. I liked the throwback packman jerseys allot better. Next year those will be innovative, Im telling ya. But before Nike has to market the new colours again. So yeah, nothing innovative about it in my book.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

• Moderators

I like them.  It's not like volt is the primary color or anything and the rest of the design is pretty standard but clean.   It's a helluva a lot better than just rolling out a tired old red, white and navy that you can't tell apart form the wiz, raptors, clips, sixers, etc.   And we weren't going back to mustard and ketchup either so i think this is a great look.   

I'm with ya, @Sothron. Personally, I was really hoping for a new twist on the 'Nique-era Pacman throwbacks. And the new unis had to grow on me. But I really do like them. And with the 1st place national polling on all new unis, looks like Koonin really does know his (marketing) stuff. We're lucky to have that dude. I think having Grant Hill as the new "face" of ownership is going to pay off too.

Edited by hazer

• Premium Member

I'm with ya, @Sothron. Personally, I was really hoping for a new twist on the 'Nique-era Pacman throwbacks. And the new unis had to grow on me. But I really do like them. And with the 1st place national polling on all new unis, looks like Koonin really does know his (marketing) stuff. We're lucky to have that dude. I think having Grant Hill as the new "face" of ownership is going to pay off too.

On the realgm forum the thread asking about the Hawks uniforms has about 55% negative reaction. I'd rather take what dedicated fans care about than some open to the public poll.

And yes, I was hoping some kind of Nique era Pacman throwbacks would be coming back. Not some vomit inducing yellow green with weird as hell triangles of all things splattered randomly on the jersey. We don't even have one jersey that says the team name now. Just Atlanta. So we're the Atlanta Atlanta Triangles. Great marketing indeed...

• Premium Member

Any of you guys hear David Aldridge commenting during one of the SL games about how he thought he wouldn't like them but, turns out, he loves them, and that others he knew had reacted similarly (or words to that effect)...? I think that mirrors the experience of many of us.

• Premium Member

On the realgm forum the thread asking about the Hawks uniforms has about 55% negative reaction. I'd rather take what dedicated fans care about than some open to the public poll.

And yes, I was hoping some kind of Nique era Pacman throwbacks would be coming back. Not some vomit inducing yellow green with weird as hell triangles of all things splattered randomly on the jersey. We don't even have one jersey that says the team name now. Just Atlanta. So we're the Atlanta Atlanta Triangles. Great marketing indeed...

My limited experience on a couple of their forums says if you get 2 of 10 posts responding in some positive way to something posted, it must be you've happened to catch an unusual number of them on their birthdays... about as corn-cob-up-the-rear a group as I've encountered... fwiw, maybe nothing.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

My limited experience on a couple of their forums says if you get 2 of 10 posts responding in some positive way to something posted, it must be you've happened to catch an unusual number of them on their birthdays... about as corn-cob-up-the-rear a group as I've encountered... fwiw, maybe nothing.

This was a pretty well used poll. Realgm is nowhere near as bad as some here would make it out to be.

Like I said in the original uniform thread, before seeing the reveal, when I heard about the possible color scheme, look etc I was prepared not to like them. However, the opposite happened and I really liked them.

Any of you guys hear David Aldridge commenting during one of the SL games about how he thought he wouldn't like them but, turns out, he loves them, and that others he knew had reacted similarly (or words to that effect)...? I think that mirrors the experience of many of us.

That's where I'm at. I'm willing to see them in action before I see how I feel and if they grow on me. I'm kind of 50/50 on the look. Not what I wanted but could be worse.

That's where I'm at. I'm willing to see them in action before I see how I feel and if they grow on me. I'm kind of 50/50 on the look. Not what I wanted but could be worse.

WE WANTED PACMAN 80's!!!!!!!! :-(

The new uniforms are beautiful.  And once people really see these uniforms in person, they're going to love them.  Walter Tavares just did his rookie photo shoot.  Here he is in the black jersey.

tavares3.jpg?itok=BhLkDI9m

I wasn't a real fan of the white jerseys on first look. But I'm rapidly warming up to them

jeff-teague-new-swingman-home-white-jers

And some say that the red and volt green don't go together?  I beg to differ.  

jeff-teague-new-swingman-alternative-red

The jerseys are attention getters.  And it's no coincidence that out of all of the new uniforms put out so far, that the Hawks are leading the pack in popularity.  The kids will eat these jerseys up.

And for all of us nostalgic people who loved the old 1980s uniform design, all the Hawks have to do is create a 4th alternative jersey in that design, but with THIS color scheme.  I'm sure some of you jersey artists on here can replicate that old Hawks jersey and font style, but use the Granite Gray, red, and volt green colors in the jersey.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 1