• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Make Your Predictions: 2015-16 Atlanta Hawks Win/Loss Record

I truly believe the Hawks are a better team this year but will only get 52 wins because they will have a target on their back.  The competition, especially the young teams trying to break through, will bring their A game every night.  Good playoff practice for the Hawks though. :)

Might as well get in the pool with everyone else. Barring injuries, I'm going with 56-26 and a rematch with the Lebrons; I'm stopping there to keep from jinxing it.

The bench they have is almost as good as some team's starting lineups. 

• Moderators

The Hawks will repeat

There's a perception that the Hawks went all in to max out their regular season wins but nothing could be further from the truth.

The Hawks rested guys over the last ten games of the season. Ten games! That's not even counting the Spursian like resting that happened even before that. For a team to simply coast on about 12-15 percent of their regular season games and still win so many games should be a sign that there could be, if pushed, room to move up, not go significantly down.

The Hawks clinched home court so early they coasted -- what if they had been pushed for that and had to play out the final ten games? They were 5-5 in those games, so given their winning percentage, maybe another win and a half, two wins?

Also, consider that the Hawks stumbled coming out of the gates as Al Horford was getting his conditioning back after an offseason recovering from his pectoral injury. The team started 5-5 last season as Al ramped up and the team gelled around him. They finished 5-5 after they cut the engine. They were 50-12 in between. Does that sound like a 48 win team to you?

• Moderators

I got 'em at 52-30 (no worse than 49-33) and a 4-seed, finishing second in the Dirty South Division to Miami :tomato: if all goes well for the heat, and back into first place if the heat implode by the All-Star break. They'll fend off Washington for 3rd in the division and 5th in the East, then try to get past them again in the first round. I'm not all that worried about the regular season record: with apologies to Jim Mora, I just want them to improve on their play come April-through-June, and I think they can do it.

~lw3

• Premium Member

I'm going with 56 wins, maybe 58 if we are actually in a race for a top 3 spot in the East. I don't envision us wrapping up the top spot so early this year.

The longest winning streak will be 12 games.

We could start slow again this year if Bud messes around with lineups and guys struggle offensively trying to fit the new guys in. I don't think we peaked in January last year but they played SO hard when they did play, it seemed like we exhausted so much energy and effort to keep that streak going. Last year seemed to have a focus on showing the world we can compete in the East. Everyone knows we are legitimate now, so the focus turns to staying healthy and being at our best come playoff time.

After watching the Hawks being blown away in game one, I still believe our 13 win season is safe but

the Hawks have a long way to go to reach 50 wins this season.  Poor Cavs, because of everyone on

their team being injured, we now know that they will not go 82-0 as some "experts" predicted, as they

lost their first one.  I say Atlanta wins 48.

• Moderators

Missed this thread.  Put me down for 54 wins.  Not too worried by the opener.  One game doesn't say much and Bud has earned faith from me that he will address issues (either minimizing or compensating for them).