• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Blazing Bazemore!

JTB

I think Baze's success has a lot to do with Bud's player development program.  The dude had shown that he had SOME talent.  But nothing like what we're seeing so far this season.

When you can get guys like Bazemore, and Mike Scott, and Demarre Carroll to reach their maximum potential as players, your player development program is top notch.  Even Dennis is improving rapidly.

I can't wait to see what they do with Edy, and how they'll turn him into a rotational player.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dejay said:

At this rate, no one will want to do business with the Hawks. We take journeymen like DMC and Bazemore and turn them into star players. Can you imagine what Bud is cooking up in the lab for Hardaway and Tavares?

NBA GM: 'So Coach Bud, you want to trade your next five draft picks for our second rounder from last year who is in the D-League right now? Are you crazy, we're giving up way too much...'

This is what the Spurs are famous for.

7 minutes ago, JETSET said:

I just hope this 2 year contract doesn't bite us in the ass.

Correct me if I'm Wrong but I don't think this situation will end up like the dmc situation:

1. The cap is predicted to go sky high which gives us as well as other teams more money to use in free agency 

2. We will have plenty of cap to get Baze back because we CAN go over the salary cap to retain horford since we own his FULL bird rights.

3. Ressler has already said he's willing to go into the lux tax if need be several times....he may have to literally eat those words this next off season with the way Baze has improved 

26 minutes ago, JTB said:

Correct me if I'm Wrong but I don't think this situation will end up like the dmc situation:

1. The cap is predicted to go sky high which gives us as well as other teams more money to use in free agency 

2. We will have plenty of cap to get Baze back because we CAN go over the salary cap to retain horford since we own his FULL bird rights.

3. Ressler has already said he's willing to go into the lux tax if need be several times....he may have to literally eat those words this next off season with the way Baze has improved 

Redsler has said he is willing to go over the cap. I have seen nothing where he said he would go in to the luxury tax.

It's true that we should have plenty of room to sign baze. The problem is we will have to use our cap to do so.  That's going to be 10-15 million or more if he continues to play like this.

Putting Baze as the starter and keeping him as the starter even after laying a goose egg his first game was huge for his confidence.  If you prove you can hustle and play the way he wants, Bud will give you the minutes and stick with you.  He exudes confidence in his players.

Baze gave me some Kyle-like moments with some of those 3's. Got me off my seat and I only thought Kyle could do that.

• Premium Member

Bazemore has totally shocked me with how good he is playing. After his first two games I was already expecting him to lose out his starting job to some of our other wing players. The way he is playing the last six games is totally outside of my wildest hopes. Give a lot of credit to the coaches, but most of the credit has to go to Bazemore, improvement like this does not come without putting in some serious work. 

I must admit I didn't think Baze would be this good when we signed him last year. I had seen him as a Warrior and Laker and was worried. I guess our system is just awesome. 

Ps I have Baze on my fantasy team, he has the best game of his life, and I left him on the bench...on the note to self part at the bottom I wrote: you're a moron! Lol