• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Timberwolves at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Good job quiting early...to the people turning the game off. You obviously have never seen a team get hot. The Hawks kept playing through all of it, even LaVine hitting every pull-up jumper he took in the first half. It was highly likely that wouldn't continue for Minnesoat and it didn't. And then the Hawks made their run. Great comeback, just fell short because Wiggins had a great game (the refs gave the Hawks zero respect) and the adrenaline kind off fizzled off after tieing the game.

I didn 't get why Korver was on the field to finish the game. Would have liekd Schröder or Sefolosha more, they needed their defensive pressure to keep Minnesota from scoring at the end.

Also the many TOs by Teague and Bazemore kinda killed the team at the end...

btw: Wiggins shot 33% from the field before this game...

Edited by kurupt

Great comeback but they should have never been in that hole. That first half was awful

Props to Jeff, Sap, Dennis, Al, and Thabo. I thought they played great in the comebback

I really like Baze but games like  tonight show why we need a bigger sf. The Wolves attacked Baze all night and Wiggins was just too big for him. 

And that's the way you drop from #1 in the east to #3.  Cleveland and Detroit both now ahead of Atlanta.

Great come back!  Exciting!  The thing is, they shouldn't have been in that position.  Great example of

a sleepwalk half of a ball game.  Kevin Garnett wins against the Hawks again.  He seems to do this on

a regular basis.  When your opponent shoots near or over 65% for a first half, we see the results.

Great finish by Minnesota.  They look like a winner, don't they.  Sharpshooter from Western Carolina

University and last year's rookie of the year assisted K G to go home with the victory.

Edited by Gray Mule
Failed to capatalize a word.
  • Like 1

I had a feeling tonight would be the night Wiggins would suddenly get hot. Did not expect us to look like the Washington Generals in the first half. We always show that we can kick it into another gear when we get down, though. I just wish it didn't take so long to get there. After that furious comeback effort we'll probably come out flat again on Wednesday and possibly without Teague.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Dang, you're alive?

I'm expecting this to be one of those unnecessarily difficult games where we let a lesser team hang way too long.  Oddly, the Twolves have 3 road wins IIRC and no home wins (again, IIRC) so they'll be tougher than we think.

I'm expecting @Sothron to be watching this one with divided allegiances.

Only two games a year I hate seeing the Hawks and Wolves play.

• Moderators

Stats from this game are kind of crazy.

More assists, fewer turnover, more steals, more blocks, virtually equal fouls, >50% from the floor, >40% from 3pt range, >85% from ft line, more FGA and more 3pta.  

Usually that would mean win, not double digit loss.