So I was thinking...

615Hawk

As the ups and downs of this season continue I find myself paying attention to other players/teams and thinking; man I sure would love if the Hawks had a player like that guy. Then I immediately go, no wait he would never fit into our system. So then I think, what player would be the perfect player for the system coach Bud is running. Such as the Duncan-Pop combo that we all wish for. I really don't know who to put there and I don't know if it's a good or bad thing. Would we need a PG? A big time scorer? A big man? And how would coach Bud  answer this question? Just curious to see what the Squawk thought..

• Premium Member

Here's the  way I see it.

The offense can thrive with:

Teague, Baze, Sap.

Korver, Dennis, Scott off the bench.

We must needs fill in these other positions:  SF, C, Bench.

Here's my guys for SF:   Barnes, Leonard, George, Harris,

Here's my guys for C:  Drummond Whitesides, Kanter, Thompson, Vucevic, Dieng, D Jordan,

51 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm sorry?  Curry, Durant and what now?

I'm sorry... My sarcasm button is broken. Swaggy P was meant for that part. 

But seriously, wouldn't he just love another inefficient chucker next to THJr? Another 1st would get it done I bet. *sarcasm*

Ah! There it is. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hazer said:

Leonard, M Gasol, KD, George. Hawks are 1 player like that away from the Finals...

That would be all I need for Xmas..(besides of course healthy and happiness for family n friends)...

20 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

That would be all I need for Xmas..(besides of course healthy and happiness for family n friends)...

Well, let's be honest, you need a lotta things for Christmas but I digress ...

Seriously though, did anybody see what Leonard did to Paul George last night?  The self-described, PG-13 checked in with a big 7pt performance on 1-for-14  from the field?!  Ugh.

Meanwhile, Leonard had a ho-hum 24/6/5 on 10-for-19 from the field.

35 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Seriously though, did anybody see what Leonard did to Paul George last night?  The self-described, PG-13 checked in with a big 7pt performance on 1-for-14  from the field?!  Ugh.

Leonard does have a championship team defensive unit around him, but that opposing stat line can't be ignored.  If any other player could hold George down like that, they probably wouldn't pay any attention to the offensive end.  To score 24 on 50% shooting as he jails George is just stupid.  He never got the budding superstar memo either: The better he gets, the less he talks.

Crazily I don't think we need much, especially in the way of max guys.  SFs have been of much consequence as it pertains to recent deep playoff runs (Iggy, George, LeBron, Kawhi, even DeMarre kept us afloat early), they seem to be the type of players in today's NBA who fit anywhere regarless of system and surrounding pieces due to their ultra-versatility (did we kick any tires on Batum?)

But I think Bud still hinges much of his future on Dennis and Edy.  I'm simple, I just want all + defenders, don't care about their position or salary.  Bud can work out any offensive kinks.  If Ferry were still in tow I'd think we'd at least sit down with Durant.  This current brass doesn't have the respect (before the conference call of course) and stealth he had.  That close Coach K connection could've been very helpful with Team USA guys.

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

You're right but I can't get both your sister and your mom at the same time. I guess I gotta choose one.

53 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

You're right but I can't get both your sister and your mom at the same time. I guess I gotta choose one.

Oh you

Now is that any way to talk to your step-dad?