• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Buyout Candidates

hazer

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

I'd say Varejao. Him and Hawks GM Wilcox were together in CLE. He may could help the Hawks in the playoffs since he knows the Cavs well. It's just the matter of him staying healthy.

Novak would be a good look ATL. They always could use shooters. Don't let a team that could use shooting like Miami get him.

They're going to get somebody... and of those out there, I'll be pretty content if they end up with Novak. Of course, you might have read what I did, that there's some talk that Wade is trying to prompt Joe to come to MIA.

10 minutes ago, JTB said:

What's taking so long to sign Varejou? Or however you spell it.  Anyways I'm reading that the Blazers have already waived him so what's up. He's unfortunately the best big man on the market out there .

He has to clear waivers, not sure how long it is, maybe 24 hours?

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, JTB said:

What's taking so long to sign Varejou? Or however you spell it.  Anyways I'm reading that the Blazers have already waived him so what's up. He's unfortunately the best big man on the market out there .

I think JayBird's got it right, but even beyond the waiver period, I think there's naturally going to be some time necessary both for some teams and players... like Nets and Joe... to figure out what's next for them... and too, for some players like Varejao, to figure out what teams are interested and which situation overall is best.

I look for this to be... like so many things, unfortunately for us impatient types (and I count myself among those)... drawn out maybe even until the March 1 deadline (if I understood the playoff roster deadline correctly).

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Another name... a Chinese league ex-NBA player who is dominating over there... is Andray Blatche. Though he evidently is in the 2nd year of a 3 year contract that does not  allow him an opt-out to return to the NBA, I've read a beat writer (forgetting, but I think it might have been one for the Nets) this morning who indicated there could be enough good faith between him and his team there to allow him to moonlight after their season is done... sorta like, I suppose, how NBA teams often but not always allow their players to play for a national team in the off-season. Of course, Blatche is a loose canon sometimes. He'd effectively be our answer to Dennis Rodman if it ever came to that--albeit one who can actually shoot. And he's been starter material for his teams over here, so it's not a real surprise he's torn up their league as he has.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sturt said:

I think JayBird's got it right, but even beyond the waiver period, I think there's naturally going to be some time necessary both for some teams and players... like Nets and Joe... to figure out what's next for them... and too, for some players like Varejao, to figure out what teams are interested and which situation overall is best.

I look for this to be... like so many things, unfortunately for us impatient types (and I count myself among those)... drawn out maybe even until the March 1 deadline (if I understood the playoff roster deadline correctly).

March 1st!....well that's only 3 weeks away. I don't see any other big man better than him on the market right now. So it almost seems like he's a must sign unless bud is extremely confident in moose and edy going forward.

Not sure if we have the cap but it would also be nice to sign Johnson too if bought out along with Anderson V.

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

Another name... a Chinese league ex-NBA player who is dominating over there... is Andray Blatche. Though he evidently is in the 2nd year of a 3 year contract that does not  allow him an opt-out to return to the NBA, I've read a beat writer (forgetting, but I think it might have been one for the Nets) this morning who indicated there could be enough good faith between him and his team there to allow him to moonlight after their season is done... sorta like, I suppose, how NBA teams often but not always allow their players to play for a national team in the off-season. Of course, Blatche is a loose canon sometimes. He'd effectively be our answer to Dennis Rodman if it ever came to that--albeit one who can actually shoot. And he's been starter material for his teams over here, so it's not a real surprise he's torn up their league as he has.

He would be a nice addition! Too bad we can't get him.

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

The NBA and FIBA have an agreement to honor contracts across leagues, so if Blatche does not have an out then I don't see how he can play in the NBA and moonlight. Maybe I'm jaded, but I don't think I'd trust a beat writer's perspective on this.

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

March 1st!....well that's only 3 weeks away. I don't see any other big man better than him on the market right now. So it almost seems like he's a must sign unless bud is extremely confident in moose and edy going forward.

Not sure if we have the cap but it would also be nice to sign Johnson too if bought out along with Anderson V.

(I think)the March 1st deadline to add a player to the playoff roster is only for players who were bought out. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, hawksfanatic said:

The NBA and FIBA have an agreement to honor contracts across leagues, so if Blatche does not have an out then I don't see how he can play in the NBA and moonlight. Maybe I'm jaded, but I don't think I'd trust a beat writer's perspective on this.

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

*catches breath*

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe