• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Buyout Candidates

hazer

Go Big or Go Home

ATL's Hick Son

In lieu of the Hawks tiny trade, let the speculation begin on the backup C they'll snag from the buyout pool. Besides the two I posted above, feel free to post links and/or rumors of pending buyouts that could help the Hawks fill Splitter's shoes. Or even just desired targets.

42 minutes ago, GameTime said:

David Lee

Kevin Martin

JJ Hickson

Joe Johnson

Roy Hibbert

Anderson Varejao (waived)

Some names that should be available

Need to grab one of the BIG fellas and I wouldn't mind getting Kevin Martin! Im surprised he's being bought out possibly.

16 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Would like Lee or Hickson ... both very good rebounders ... Hibbert i doubt gets bought out but he is very slow and a terrible rebounder ... he is a decent defender

One has low BBIQ and would never fit and other plays no defense so neither is an option 

• Premium Member

Honestly, I don't see any of the guys currently being presumed to be released as anyone that fits our system... and I don't think we sign anyone who isn't.

Last month, Basketball Insiders featured a list of D-leaguers who are candidates to get a call up.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-am-10-day-contract-candidates/

I'd rather have Andy V. than any of those other guys I mentioned before. We need Andy. The way he hits the offense glass would be perfect for us because teams that give us multiple chances on offense will pay. Pleeeeease sign him. Plus I think he weighs like 270lbs if I'm not mistaken. Also, he's got a ton of playoff experience. With Tiago out, this is almost needed for us. Having said that, most likely we won't sign him. Lol