• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Humphries > Splitter

ATLiott

I guess this is as obvious as saying water is wet.  However, it's a little sad and frustrating that a guy that could have been had for peanuts at the beginning of the year could have been acquired instead of Tiago  and we would likely have another win or two.

Humpries is more versatile player  compared to Splitter. He can shoot mid range shots and 3 pointer, he fits in the system in really well. Splitter has more size, a good passer, and always active on setting screens. I like both of them but i will take Humphries just because he is more versatile, knowing the he can shoot 3s, he can space the floor  and open up lanes for Hawks point guards to maneuver and attack the paint. 

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

It's not fair to criticize Splitt trying to play through season ending injury... however, thus far, it's good praise for Bud... sticking to his analytics and finding a player that fits our needs.

Again, I won't say that Kris is some superhero, I just think he is what we need.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Here's my pipedream for the offseason..
  And it's not that much of a pipedream....

1.  Resign Horf, Baze, Kyle and Kris to reasonable contracts.

2.  Draft Damian Jones from Vanderbilt.

3.  Trade Splitter/Scott for DMC.

Here's my thinking.

I love what Scott is bringing, but DMC gives us power on the wings.  with him and Thabo shutting down the wings... Kyle and Baze manning the 2...  And Kris doing his thing off the bench, I believe we become the best defensive squad in the game.   And the BKK can get us some points too.   I'm a proponent of keeping the 2 headed PG system unless something just bowls us over.

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Here's my pipedream for the offseason..
  And it's not that much of a pipedream....

1.  Resign Horf, Baze, Kyle and Kris to reasonable contracts.

2.  Draft Damian Jones from Vanderbilt.

3.  Trade Splitter/Scott for DMC.

Here's my thinking.

I love what Scott is bringing, but DMC gives us power on the wings.  with him and Thabo shutting down the wings... Kyle and Baze manning the 2...  And Kris doing his thing off the bench, I believe we become the best defensive squad in the game.   And the BKK can get us some points too.   I'm a proponent of keeping the 2 headed PG system unless something just bowls us over.

Kyle has one year left on his contract.

It's pretty simple: he moves guys, but they can't move him.  He'll give a Big a simple push out the paint and they respect his strength and try to finesse around him.  Problem is he's not a guy you can finesse.  

Players look at Humphries' boy band face and his past relationship with The Queen of Wh@res and think he's some kind of chump.  Dude is straight rugged.  Taking a liking to Musky, he may be a little throwed off too, which is a good thing.

His short arms may be a problem versus some but he boxes out well, hopefully drawing more over-the-back fouls for the team.

He made a few more quick reads, passes, and movements that show he's grasping the offense quickly.  Refs screwed him out of a clear shooting foul on a slash.  I didn't like it.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Johnnybravo4 said:

I'd send Splitter and Korver to Sactown for Rudy Gay.  We need an alpha dog at the 3.

I'd rather keep the defensive theme with offensive efficiency than bring in a guy who has never been efficient.

Let's bring DMC home.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Johnnybravo4 said:

I'd send Splitter and Korver to Sactown for Rudy Gay.  We need an alpha dog at the 3.

Yeah - but that's not Rudy.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I'd rather keep the defensive theme with offensive efficiency than bring in a guy who has never been efficient.

Let's bring DMC home.

I love Demarre but he has some injuries that are concerning for his long term health.   His 3&D is fantastic but we have to get a real scorer on the wing if we hope to be a contender.      Plus we've seen what leg problems do to an elite shooter like Korver.  

• Premium Member

Splitter is a stiff. told you guys before we made the mistake for trading for him. Hoping we can ditch him in the offseason to another team that thinks anyone that played for the Spurs must be a good player.

Tiago provides a lot of value but in our system, he needs to move much better. We cover a lot of space defensively and its a lot different than most teams in the NBA including San Antonio. 

I would seriously think about trading him for only the right type of deal. Even with that said, he's a plus for our bench, not a negative. Still more valuable than Pero and other bench centers we had since Zaza

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Splitter is a stiff. told you guys before we made the mistake for trading for him. Hoping we can ditch him in the offseason to another team that thinks anyone that played for the Spurs must be a good player.

I think he's great for depth but at about half of what he's making now.  He needs to restructure like Matty Ice.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I think he's great for depth but at about half of what he's making now.  He needs to restructure like Matty Ice.

He's not even worth half of that. He's at best the third center on a NBA team. Sadly I don't think restructuring is an option.

29 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Man, you're really clinging to this "I told ya so" thing with Splitter. I guess it's a fair play after all the crow you had to eat on Thabo last season. I think you're wrong about Splitter (#3 at best is hilarious), too, but unfortunately he wasn't able to stay healthy enough to show what he could do.

• Like 1