• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Y'all still want Dwight Howard?

NBASupes

On 4/17/2016 at 0:18 AM, BigDog90 said:

He needs to be in a situation where it's slow paced and they'd feed him the ball.

Feed him why?  He has no post game.  He's double-digit years in and is basically the exact same player (offensively) he was in high school.  No, I misspoke, he's actually a worse FT shooter.  On top of that, he thinks he's owed a max deal.

Easy pass.

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Feed him why?  He has no post game.  He's double-digit years in and is basically the exact same player (offensively) he was in high school.  No, I misspoke, he's actually a worse FT shooter.  On top of that, he thinks he's owed a max deal.

Easy pass.

Because that's all he's good for at this point of his career - easy layups. True.  I was just saying if any team was to sign him.  I know he doesn't have a jump shot etc.

I do... and I don't.  I'd take him if he would take less than the max and is driven bringing home a championship (and he works on his free throws).  I don't if he wants a max deal only to end up playing the fool.

So, it's probably not going to happen.

2 hours ago, ATLSmith said:

I do... and I don't.  I'd take him if he would take less than the max and is driven bringing home a championship (and he works on his free throws).  I don't if he wants a max deal only to end up playing the fool.

Driven? He hasn't been driven to do anything for years. Last night he couldn't have fouled out fast enough to get out of the game.  He doesn't even want to be there.

He's lost on defense and never really had any offense. He's been a sullen mess for years. Let him go toil away for whatever dumb team decides to overpay him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ATLSmith said:

I guess I'd take him for the mid-level exception (or preferably considerably less), but his days of being a big impact player are long gone.

Edited by Watchman

WHY NOT??  According to the NBA, its not about talent per se, its about STAR POWER in the playoffs.  This is not a post about wanting Howard, this is a post about the Jordan, Lebron, Kobe, etc.  superstar power that the NBA protects in the playoffs.  There is NOBODY on the Hawks who they will protect.  If Dwight wasnt such a ignorant stupid prima donna, he would change his ways, come home to Atlanta and own the city, and thus, FORCE the media and NBA to let him get away with crap like Lebron.

Dwight will never do it though, because he doesnt understand that he should be part of a TEAM.  For some reason, he thinks he can play on a team that has other SUPERSTARS and co exist with them. In Atlanta, he would be THE star, but would have to accept that he would mainly be needed for what he can bring in the paint as far as rebounding and defense. Bud would have to play him to his STRENGTHS and let Sap and Horford be the main scoring bigs.

The upside in even talking about Howard to Atlanta is the fact that the dummy has ruined any possibility of getting another mega contract, so Atlanta might be able to work something out with him and keep Horford and Sap too.

Edited by Hawkmoor

How is Howard's D nowdays. If he is still a defensive beast, then he will be an asset for this team. Not to mention that we do have a major need for rebounding.

Splitter was hugely disappointing prior to his injury. If we can upgrade to Howard and make it work from a salary cap point of view, we should go for it.

2 hours ago, TheBigETrain said:

How is Howard's D nowdays. If he is still a defensive beast, then he will be an asset for this team. Not to mention that we do have a major need for rebounding.

Splitter was hugely disappointing prior to his injury. If we can upgrade to Howard and make it work from a salary cap point of view, we should go for it.

But thats the problem.  He doesn't want to be the D/rebound guy he should be.  He wants to be Kareem without the actul offensive skills.  Oh and he wants to be paid as if he's Lebrun Jordan.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

But thats the problem.  He doesn't want to be the D/rebound guy he should be.  He wants to be Kareem without the actul offensive skills.  Oh and he wants to be paid as if he's Lebrun Jordan.

Cosign. If he brought his 2011 game with him, by all means. But his injuries, waning production, and ego is simply too much to bear at this point, especially for a max deal. For personal reasons, most of us already know that this is the LAST place he wants to play ball. So unless you're telling me with certainty that Horford is skipping town, he can continue languishing in Houston for all I care...

• Like 1