• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No way the NBA is gonna let anybody but Cleveland come out of the East.

Hawkmoor

11 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

I watched MORE of the 2 win Braves win over Miami yesterday, than the Hawks playoff game, because i know the NBA is tainted and corrupt.  From the league front office, to the owners, down to the team front offices. Its a SHOW, nothing more, nothing less.

Let's keep it real man.

You watched more of a meaningless regular season Braves game, over a Hawks playoff game .... because you are a Braves fan.

• Premium Member

The NBA is a business before it's a sport, and as a business that's heavy in TV the ratings are important. So we're not going to see the refs call the offensive charge on SheBron nor the many travels. I mean this guy dips his shoulder right into the defender chest every time he drives, and it's so obvious. While our guy Millsap just get abused in the paint with no calls. 

Edited by QuantumHawkz
  • Like 4

wow all outlets already have it setup as heat cle for finals and the renewed kevin love making his comeback to give CLE a chance to beat GS... fuciking christ, what is the point, no wonder this sport lost so much market share, atleast in baseball you can tank and rebuild and because the amount of available players,  cant do that in the nba, the players run everything thing, the superstars do at least.  there just is no competition here, there just isnt,  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Let's keep it real man.

You watched more of a meaningless regular season Braves game, over a Hawks playoff game .... because you are a Braves fan.

Partially true. What you dont understand that even if the Braves werent on, i wouldve been channel surfing for something to else to watch while the Hawks played.  I RARELY watch a complete Hawks game because i dont like what the NBA is all about.  Last year's playoffs was the first time in years that i really paid attention to their playoff run.  Otherwise, with Hawks games,  I mostly watch the first quarter and the 4th quarter.  I already know the outcome............. Golden State in 6 over Lebron.   It doenst matter what the Hawks do, the NBA isnt gonna let them beat the Cavaliers........

In baseball, ANY team can win it all. ANY team.  When i watch the Braves or any other team, i know that its a REAL return on my investment.  With the NBA, I might as well be watching wrestling because i know that if im not a Golden State fan or Cavalier fan, im gonna be disappointed and wasting my time fooling with the NBA.

Edited by Hawkmoor

That second half was hard to watch without needing to take a shower afterwards. The only thing missing was the Hebner brothers officiating, Pat Patterson as the PA announcer ('and as a reminder, there will be no charging fouls called on Lebron James!!!'), and Vince McMahon on the sidelines scripting things out. 

ABC/ESPN/TNT want a Heat vs. Cavs ECFs and BADLY. They don't want to see Toronto and they damn sure don't want to see the Hawks or Hornets get there. In fact, they rather see the Celtics get to the next round in order to  entice the NE/Boston fans into viewing. The networks carrying the playoffs would go nuclear at having to carry a Hawks vs. Heat, Hawks vs. Pacers, or Hawks vs. Hornets ECFs, much less seeing the Hawks, Raptors, or Pacers get to the Finals. We'd be happy as a clam but they would be sore as a retired NFL linebacker...

Edited by Dejay
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, QuantumHawkz said:

The NBA is a business before it's a sport, and as a business that's heavy in TV the ratings are important. So we're not going to see the refs call the offensive charge on SheBron nor the many travels. I mean this guy dips his shoulder right into the defender chest every time he drives, and it's so obvious. While our guy Millsap just get abused in the paint with no calls. 

And i didnt even GET INTO the crabwalk, traveling and basically, just DISREGARD to basic dribbling that Lebron gets away with. Lebron KNOWS it also.  Lebron knows he can do whatever he wants out there:

lebron-james-travel-nba-finals.gif

• Like 3

WELL WELL WELL, WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE??  VAN GUNDY BUSTS THE NBA OUT,  SOMEBODY GOT TO HIM AND HE BACKPEDALLED OFF THE TRUTH:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15224797/nba-playoffs-stan-van-gundy-says-refs-biased-lebron-james-backtracks

Stan Van Gundy on refs: LeBron James can 'do whatever he wants'

CLEVELAND -- Detroit Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy didn't wait long before unleashing his first verbal salvo in his team's first-round playoff series against the Cavaliers.

While discussing the Pistons' composure during an interview with ESPN's Lisa Salters at the end of the first quarter of Sunday's 106-101 Game 1 loss to the Cavs, the loquacious coach directed frustration toward the officials for what he felt were missed calls that went LeBron James' way.

"A couple calls have upset our guys," Van Gundy told Salters. "They've got to understand, LeBron's LeBron. They're not going to call offensive fouls on him. He gets to do whatever he wants. They've got to understand that."

After the game, Van Gundy backpedaled and said the officiating was not the reason Detroit lost.

"Look, I thought it evened out really well," Van Gundy said. "But early on, I thought there were two pretty obvious offensive fouls down there on him. But it's two calls in an entire game after that. Look, the refereeing had nothing to do with tonight. They did a good job. It went both ways. I thought they did a really good job. It was decided by the players on the floor, as it should be."

Van Gundy said he felt he could have done things differently.

"There's some things that I regret, myself," he said. "I'm proud of our guys. I thought they competed hard. I think there's some things I got to do to help them a little bit more."

Asked about those regrets, Van Gundy demurred.

"I'm not going into those," Van Gundy said. "Because those are game-plan things."

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dejay said:

That second half was hard to watch without needing to take a shower afterwards. The only thing missing was the Hebner brothers officiating, Pat Patterson as the PA announcer ('and as a reminder, there will be no charging fouls called on Lebron James!!!'), and Vince McMahon on the sidelines scripting things out. 

ABC/ESPN/TNT want a Heat vs. Cavs ECFs and BADLY. They don't want to see Toronto and they damn sure don't want to see the Hawks or Hornets get there. In fact, they rather see the Celtics get to the next round in order to  entice the NE/Boston fans into viewing. The networks carrying the playoffs would go nuclear at having to carry a Hawks vs. Heat, Hawks vs. Pacers, or Hawks vs. Hornets ECFs, much less seeing the Hawks, Raptors, or Pacers get to the Finals. We'd be happy as a clam but they would be sore as a retired NFL linebacker...

Exactly.  This is about the networks and their money.  Until you see the NBA CREATE  storylines in Atlanta, Toronto, etc. it aint happening for those teams.

NBA IS WWE FOR REAL:

022614-nba-lebron-wwe-belts-pi-mp.jpg

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Diesel said:

Speaking of the many travels.  Kyrie Irving's name ought to be changed to Happy Feet and Lebron should be Happy Feet2.

I still think that this Cleveland team is due to implode before the Championships...I really hope that Detroit causes the implosion.

LMAO.....Happy feet 1 and 2

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

WELL WELL WELL, WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE??  VAN GUNDY BUSTS THE NBA OUT,  SOMEBODY GOT TO HIM AND HE BACKPEDALLED OFF THE TRUTH:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15224797/nba-playoffs-stan-van-gundy-says-refs-biased-lebron-james-backtracks

Stan Van Gundy on refs: LeBron James can 'do whatever he wants'

CLEVELAND -- Detroit Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy didn't wait long before unleashing his first verbal salvo in his team's first-round playoff series against the Cavaliers.

While discussing the Pistons' composure during an interview with ESPN's Lisa Salters at the end of the first quarter of Sunday's 106-101 Game 1 loss to the Cavs, the loquacious coach directed frustration toward the officials for what he felt were missed calls that went LeBron James' way.

"A couple calls have upset our guys," Van Gundy told Salters. "They've got to understand, LeBron's LeBron. They're not going to call offensive fouls on him. He gets to do whatever he wants. They've got to understand that."

After the game, Van Gundy backpedaled and said the officiating was not the reason Detroit lost.

"Look, I thought it evened out really well," Van Gundy said. "But early on, I thought there were two pretty obvious offensive fouls down there on him. But it's two calls in an entire game after that. Look, the refereeing had nothing to do with tonight. They did a good job. It went both ways. I thought they did a really good job. It was decided by the players on the floor, as it should be."

Van Gundy said he felt he could have done things differently.

"There's some things that I regret, myself," he said. "I'm proud of our guys. I thought they competed hard. I think there's some things I got to do to help them a little bit more."

Asked about those regrets, Van Gundy demurred.

"I'm not going into those," Van Gundy said. "Because those are game-plan things."

Yeah, I heard that quote after the first half... or quarter.  I agreed with Van Gundy's assessment, Lebron is Lebron.  When the Pistons are up by 7 in the 4th, you got to let Lebron get away with a push, elbow, and charge.  He's Lebron. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

The NHL does by far the best job in not giving superstar calls and letting the game play itself out especially in the playoffs. The NBA? Lol no. You already know who the refs are going to favor based off which team has the most superstars or whoever the Golden Boy at the time is.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, ATLien_ said:

Can't agree  more with both of you. The only way to beat  them is to hit Jump shots because the refs can't screw you.  That's why Golden state is able to beat them. 

True. Unfortunately outside of Korver Hawks don't have any great shooters.

• Like 1

Sucks because lebron is no longer the best and is regressing.  Steph Curry should be the new star but he's too damn good he doesn't need the calls anyways.

GsW will destroy Cleveland again but it'd be nice if they let another east team have a chance 

Since I'm not a Hawks fan my posts must be approved by moderators to post here, yet Hawks fans are free to start embarrassing, ridiculous discussions like this one. ((DELETED ONE SUPERFLUOUS OPINION HERE... ~lw3))

If the NBA is a conspiracy, then why are so many conspiracy theorists spending so much time posting on an NBA messageboard? According to your own theory, your team doesn't have a chance -- yet here you are hanging out on an NBA messageboard bemoaning the Cavaliers. Would an intelligent person waste their time watching, supporting a corrupt sport or surf around the internet looking for places to discuss their local corrupt team? Of course! That makes perfect sense. And of all the teams to complain about, you just so happened to focus on the one team swept the Hawks out of the playoffs last season. A truly odd *coincidence* indeed.

If the NBA truly is rigging the sport in favor of LeBron's Cavaliers, I'd like to know how that theory isn't contrived when it has to work around the fact that the greatest sports story that could've come out of last season -- LeBron returning home to lead Cleveland to it's first major sports title since '64 -- didn't happen. Instead, LeBron lost his second straight Finals, as well as his second straight as a Cavalier. The creativity one needs to work around that plot hole shouldn't be too difficult, however, since some of you have mastered the art of rooting for your sports team despite the belief that they're part of a corrupt league that has already predetermined their fate in a future round.

As for the Hawks fans who don't suffer from this abnormal, paranoid tribal\pack mentality -- good luck finishing off Boston, and if things work out on the Cavaliers' end -- cya next round.