• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Don't look now

Alex

But the series is knotted up at 2.  Boston has all the momentum right now too.  I am not hear to toot my own horn about this either.

What I do want to know is if people are actually legitimately worried now?  Millsap played great in a game the Hawks needed to win.  I initially thought that Boston would win so unfortunately this isn't a surprise to me.  For you other fans who had confidence in the Hawks, how do you feel right now?  

Again not trying to start anything, but genuinely want to get a feel for how most are feeling now. 

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Alex said:

But the series is knotted up at 2.  Boston has all the momentum right now too.  I am not hear to toot my own horn about this either.

What I do want to know is if people are actually legitimately worried now?  Millsap played great in a game the Hawks needed to win.  I initially thought that Boston would win so unfortunately this isn't a surprise to me.  For you other fans who had confidence in the Hawks, how do you feel right now?  

Again not trying to start anything, but genuinely want to get a feel for how most are feeling now. 

Win or lose this series, to me the Hawks have solidified who they are and what this team truly is.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I still think we'll win this series but if we do we're headed for a beat down by the Cavs.   We're better than Boston but we choke in crunch time.   Let's face it,  Boston isn't really that good.   They win on hustle and guys who aren't afraid to try to score.  

On the flip side it seems like no one on the hawks wants to take a pressure shot except Teague and then Bud draws up some dumb ass play rather than just telling Teague to drive to the basket against a defender who can't guard him or pick and pop with Horford.  geez.

Game 4 was a fail from the coach on down the line.    I figure we'll right the ship but it may go 7 games.   But frankly the only reason i see us winning this series is because so many guys on the celtics shoot like crap and they can't easily dominate us on the boards.  

28 minutes ago, Alex said:

Firstly Alex my man, if you're not tooting that little horn of yours yet, you're certainly getting your lips ready.  Also, no one believes you're not trying to start something.

That said, I'm still confident we'll win the series.  I just hate the fact that we're making it so hard on ourselves.  @Jody23 makes a decent point in saying this series reveals who the Hawks are or STTE.  The killer instinct isn't there or is at least nowhere near as strong as it should be.

We have a wounded opponent and instead of stepping on their neck we're kinda timidly playing with our prey.  Playing down to their level and have made this a series when it shouldn't have been.

not sure if this is disguised b8 from le resident troll.

However yes I'm worried. All I'd hoped was to get past the first round so I can laugh at how bad the calls will be when Lelbron gets poked by our players and goes to the line 130 times for flagrants.

Boston is not a good team and we are atleast mediocre. Stevens is a better coach than Bud at the moment 

• Like 3

Let's not act like the Hawks are a one seed that should be dismantling a team that is far inferior. Both teams entered the series with the same record. That being said after watching every game this season I just feel we have two players that are not legitimate starters in Bazemore and Korver. Bazemore is an offensive liability on most nights and while he tries to create his own shot he simply is not a good shooter. Korver is slow, can't defend and when he is off he really hurts us. KK tries but let's go ahead and call it what it is. 

I also think the rotations are a real headscratcher. The second unit is pitiful. Mid Range Seffy can't shoot and Mike Scott is a headcase that can't defend and don't even get me started on Dennis. Poor kid is a one trick pony. If he can't get to the basket he is a turnover machine that allows for too many empty possessions. 

Boston could win this series but I still like the Hawks chances and we really need to make some core roster changes next year. IF we truly want to bring a championship to Atlanta it is very clear that this is not the team that will do it. We are soft and can't shoot well enough to compete with the better teams in the NBA. We are good but as constituted will never be great. We have Zero shot against Cleveland. Zero. 

We were a 60-win 1 seed last season and we were 2-2 vs. Brooklyn and 1-2 vs. Washington. The fact that this 4/5 series is 2-2 shouldn't surprise anyone. The Hawks during this long playoff streak have never been able to put a team away in under 6. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DocWilkins said:

Let's not act like the Hawks are a one seed that should be dismantling a team that is far inferior. Both teams entered the series with the same record. That being said after watching every game this season I just feel we have two players that are not legitimate starters in Bazemore and Korver. Bazemore is an offensive liability on most nights and while he tries to create his own shot he simply is not a good shooter. Korver is slow, can't defend and when he is off he really hurts us. KK tries but let's go ahead and call it what it is. 

I also think the rotations are a real headscratcher. The second unit is pitiful. Mid Range Seffy can't shoot and Mike Scott is a headcase that can't defend and don't even get me started on Dennis. Poor kid is a one trick pony. If he can't get to the basket he is a turnover machine that allows for too many empty possessions. 

Boston could win this series but I still like the Hawks chances and we really need to make some core roster changes next year. IF we truly want to bring a championship to Atlanta it is very clear that this is not the team that will do it. We are soft and can't shoot well enough to compete with the better teams in the NBA. We are good but as constituted will never be great. We have Zero shot against Cleveland. Zero. 

I don't understand why Scott get playing time over Muscula. He's nice when he makes shots and set screens but other than that I don't see it.

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Firstly Alex my man, if you're not tooting that little horn of yours yet, you're certainly getting your lips ready.  Also, no one believes you're not trying to start something.

That said, I'm still confident we'll win the series.  I just hate the fact that we're making it so hard on ourselves.  @Jody23 makes a decent point in saying this series reveals who the Hawks are or STTE.  The killer instinct isn't there or is at least nowhere near as strong as it should be.

We have a wounded opponent and instead of stepping on their neck we're kinda timidly playing with our prey.  Playing down to their level and have made this a series when it shouldn't have been.

Size doesn't matter.  :ohmy:

Anyway back on track.  I know you and many others will find it hard to believe, but I am a Hawks fan.  I don't like to see them struggle or lose anything.  However I do garner expectations and always remain realistic in regards to my teams.  I never have any confidence and never talk down the other teams fans.  I have been burned many times with expectations and have learned to not expect anything anymore.  I am this way with all my sports teams.  I am pessimistic and critique how I see fit.  In some cases I am overly negative or as I call it brutally honest with my opinions.  I don't feel this type of fandom makes someone any less of fan  of their team.  I also don't think an ultra homer is more of a fan of their team than anyone else.  I say what I want to say and don't care what the masses think of it.  Call it trolling or whatever you will, but this is just how I operate. 

I will on occasion throw in an "I told you so," but it's not meant to be rubbed in anyone's face.  It's more or less my own self recognition and congratulations, 

27 minutes ago, Alex said:

Size doesn't matter.  :ohmy:

Anyway back on track.  I know you and many others will find it hard to believe, but I am a Hawks fan.  I don't like to see them struggle or lose anything.  However I do garner expectations and always remain realistic in regards to my teams.  I never have any confidence and never talk down the other teams fans.  I have been burned many times with expectations and have learned to not expect anything anymore.  I am this way with all my sports teams.  I am pessimistic and critique how I see fit.  In some cases I am overly negative or as I call it brutally honest with my opinions.  I don't feel this type of fandom makes someone any less of fan  of their team.  I also don't think an ultra homer is more of a fan of their team than anyone else.  I say what I want to say and don't care what the masses think of it.  Call it trolling or whatever you will, but this is just how I operate. 

I will on occasion throw in an "I told you so," but it's not meant to be rubbed in anyone's face.  It's more or less my own self recognition and congratulations, 

Well, in fairness, I've never called you a troll or questioned your fanhood.  I was with you on the anti-koolaid train for a long time so I've never had much beef with you.  I kinda wish you'd venture over to the positive side o' thangs every once in a while though.

The point I was trying to make here is that I thought your opening post was a clear "told ya so" anthem and you suggesting otherwise kinda made me chuckle (sensibly).

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Well, in fairness, I've never called you a troll or questioned your fanhood.  I was with you on the anti-koolaid train for a long time so I've never had much beef with you.  I kinda wish you'd venture over to the positive side o' thangs every once in a while though.

The point I was trying to make here is that I thought your opening post was a clear "told ya so" anthem and you suggesting otherwise kinda made me chuckle (sensibly).

I have tried the positive thing before, but it's so damn hard for me.  To me the goal in sports is to win.  Anything short of a title in my is a failure.  Wrong mentality to have...I get it.  I mean I am slowly realizing that certain teams probably will never win an NBA title.  I think the Hawks are one of them.  So I am going to try and enjoy the remainder of their season however long that is and just watch them play.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I have tried the positive thing before, but it's so damn hard for me.  To me the goal in sports is to win.  Anything short of a title in my is a failure.  Wrong mentality to have...I get it.  I mean I am slowly realizing that certain teams probably will never win an NBA title.  I think the Hawks are one of them.  So I am going to try and enjoy the remainder of their season however long that is and just watch them play.

Did i just fix Alex?

You're welcome, Squawkers.

8 hours ago, DocWilkins said:

Let's not act like the Hawks are a one seed that should be dismantling a team that is far inferior. Both teams entered the series with the same record. 

Disagree.We were a 60 win 1 seed last season and couldn't  put away a Brooklyn  team that backed into the playoffs.

Having the same record as Boston doesn't  matter since we pissed away a ton of games we shouldn't have.

Why can't they surprise us and stomp the piss out of a team like Boston that's  missing their best defender and have a fatty.

It's attitude and mindset - a lack thereof.

I said before we may not have a SUPERSTAR, but we also kack on court LEADERSHIP particularly when it matters most. 

3 freaking  points in OT - smh.

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Did i just fix Alex?

You're welcome, Squawkers.

:cheer:

12 hours ago, Alex said:

Worried?  No.

I was much more concerned last season, when Brooklyn tied it up 2 - 2.  We literally had no answer for Brook Lopez for much of that series.

One thing to look at is that Isaiah Thomas is expending A LOT of energy, trying to be Allen Iverson.  Can he keep doing that and be effective the rest of the series?

The other thing is this.  If the Hawks keep missing jumpers, a rebounder like Humphries must start to get playing time.   When this team went stale in the middle of the season, his aquisition literally saved the Hawks.

Humphries plays a little tougher than Horford and Moose, and may can grab some of those bricks that Dennis, Baze and Thabo are throwing up.

Bud simply has to make the adjustment, and we'll be OK.

• Like 1

Not worried. Frustrated as hell, but no worried.  I'm expecting this to go to 7 games.  

Unfortunately, if they lose, I don't think I'll be that upset. I've grown accustomed to letdown and haven't expected much this year. 

Last year sure was fun, though! I'm glad we at least had that. Just wish the team could've done more to build off of that. Wasted opportunity IMO.

• Like 1