• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Players around the NBA giving Bazemore FA advice

BigDog90

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

Tim duncan, Manu ginobili and Tony parker sacrificed and accepted small salary so the team will have more cap space ,they did it for their team. 

Thats not a fair comparison, plus Tim Duncan had one of the biggest contracts in the nba for a few seasons. Star players who can sign multiple endorsements and pIay many years in the league should be thinking about taking pay cuts, not role players who haven't made as much. I don't blame Demarre for leaving for money since he didn't get as much as other players in his career, but Horford has made a lot of money so not too sure about him. I wouldn't lower my salary and so shouldn't bazemore.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Thats not a fair comparison, plus Tim Duncan had one of the biggest contracts in the nba for a few seasons. Star players who can sign multiple endorsements and pIay many years in the league should be thinking about taking pay cuts, not role players who haven't made as much. I don't blame Demarre for leaving for money since he didn't get as much as other players in his career, but Horford has made a lot of money so not too sure about him. I wouldn't lower my salary and so shouldn't bazemore.

its not about role players or star players or whos making more money.. it's about the loyalty on the team what im talking about, at the end it's still their decision if they want more money , go somewhere or will they sacrifice for the team

Players who sacrifice for their team not for money, that I really respect

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

That's odd.  Has anyone else seen this before?  I don't recall players making those kinds of statements before any any non-teammate much less a Hawk.

Another funny byproduct from this series is a lot of folks saying BOS is a team KD would consider.  Saying how he'd fit perfectly in what they do or w/e.

Lemme get this straight, after watching that series .... you thought BOS was the team KD could come to and make a contender?  Boston?  Not the Hawks?

Tom Hanks – Really?

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

I hope Baze and AL doesnt get too hungry for money.. if they do  i will lose respect for them if they choose money... My Spurs Tim duncan, Manu ginobili and Tony parker sacrificed and accepted small salary so the team will have more cap space ,they did it for their team. 

Baze may get paid a lot of money just not by the Hawks.

25 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

STFU Detroit! Damn Drummond and Jennings mind your own damn business lol.

This.

I think Jennings was traded from there but your point still stands.  Mind yo' own business!

Drummmmmund needs to get back to working on his underhanded free throws.

9 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

I don't think I ever seen players from another team vouch for a player on the Hawks to get paid.

Might be the  strangest, un-manliest thing I've ever saw. We have grown men walking around watching another grown mans pockets. Smh. Instead of tweeting like little "fun boys" Drummond and Brandon Jennings need to worry about getting better during the off-season. Someone should've retweeted Drummond a gif of himself left and right back-boarding freethrows. And they should've sent the D-League login to Brandon Jennings.

But honestly, Baze is worth between $8-$9.5m per year...

Edited by willthepureshooter
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Baze is worth whatever he can get in the free market just like DMC last year. I told you guys for years now: the old thinking about what a max player is or what someone is worth means nothing now. Any decent starter is going to make serious money once they hit UFA. That is the reality of the NBA.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Baze is worth whatever he can get in the free market just like DMC last year. I told you guys for years now: the old thinking about what a max player is or what someone is worth means nothing now. Any decent starter is going to make serious money once they hit UFA. That is the reality of the NBA.

Yep!  The NBA is a business and his suitors will determine his price.

There always seems to be some team out there willing to really pay a player but if there isn't hopefully we can get him at a decent price.  Either that or he sacrifices a bit to stay with us.

I don't like the 'max player' idea either because it changes every year when some team decides to throw cash at a player for a contract that is seen as way to much.  Good ol' inflation.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

I don't think I ever seen players from another team vouch for a player on the Hawks to get paid.

Pistons need to worry bout that ass whooping the Cavaliers put on THEM and stop worrying about whats going on at the highlight factory...........

• Like 1

I would hope that Bazemore at least considers the Hawks if he hits free agency.  I mean he bounced around from a couple different teams and never really had a chance.  The Hawks picked him up at a very good deal for both sides.  I would hope that Kent would consider that when he begins to think about offers he receives.  

I don't understand why fans expect players to take paycuts for teams based on nothing but loyalty. Teams and owners aren't expected to be loyal to the player. On top of that, this is their job. I don't expect most people to take a reduced salary BC they felt loyal to their employers. I wouldn't lose any respect for Baze if he left for a team that offered more. He played his ass off this year and earned it.

• Like 3