Players around the NBA giving Bazemore FA advice

BigDog90

4 hours ago, Jody23 said:

I'd hate to lose Baze for the sake of paying Horford 30 million per.

1.  Al's max is NOT $30 million/yr

2.  We do not have the same issue we did with having to choose between Millsap and Carroll.

3. Al's caphold is $18 million, that's the number you use in determining how much capspace you have available to sign Bazemore (not $30 mil).

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

1.  Al's max is NOT $30 million/yr

2.  We do not have the same issue we did with having to choose between Millsap and Carroll.

3. Al's caphold is $18 million, that's the number you use in determining how much capspace you have available to sign Bazemore (not $30 mil).

So if Bazemore's price tag is 15 million per, can the Hawks max Horford and keep him?

16 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

So if Bazemore's price tag is 15 million per, can the Hawks max Horford and keep him?

@Jody23If I remember  at @hawksfanatic calculations correctly, with capholds etc. we should be very close to $15 in capspace  with a $92 mil projected salary cap. I'll  post the link when I get a chance. 

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

Is it just social media???

Or is it the new way that players can get optical reach.  Social media improves the optics!  Why would they do this?

Well, Jennings has a deal with under armor.   Therefore, he's line brothers with Baze.  Any day now, I'm looking forward to hearing Steph Curry sing Baze's praises too.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Social Media, smh - crazy times. 

Sometimes just cause you can say something, doesn't  mean you should. 

I should remember this next time I drunk fb my Warrior fan friends...I get raw lol

44 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Is it just social media???

Or is it the new way that players can get optical reach.  Social media improves the optics!  Why would they do this?

Well, Jennings has a deal with under armor.   Therefore, he's line brothers with Baze.  Any day now, I'm looking forward to hearing Steph Curry sing Baze's praises too.

B4 social media players were heard through radio and TV interviews or written articles by people who controlled the narrative.

How would we know what Drummond and Jennings  thought abot Baze's  contract otherwise. They'd have to call a oress conference.

Now is think something, tweet something - instantaneous thought in print.

• Moderators

He can take the DMC route if he's looking just to get paid. We need to be spending our money on a guy that can get us 20-25 ppg, not another role player that flourished in Bud's system. TH Jr and Thabo makes Baze expendable if he is wanting $$$. I'd rather pay Beal or DeRozan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Premium Member
On 4/29/2016 at 6:34 AM, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

its not about role players or star players or whos making more money.. it's about the loyalty on the team what im talking about, at the end it's still their decision if they want more money , go somewhere or will they sacrifice for the team

Players who sacrifice for their team not for money, that I really respect

But at the same time, most teams aren't loyal to the players. One of the reasons Tyson Chandler was pissed after he was traded again from Dallas was because they told him that he was there long term, but when they went after DeAndre Jordan, they didn't think twice. 

“I definitely felt like, after winning a championship and help bring it there, that I was going to be there for the long run,” Chandler said Tuesday. “I never heard of a championship team being broken up like that. When they traded for me to come back, I sat at the podium with everybody else and heard them say this was going to be a long-term deal and they weren't going to make the same mistake as last time and blah-blah-blah. Seven months later, the same thing happens again. But I learned in this business that you can't trust everybody. That's why it is what it is."

Look what Boston did with Paul Pierce, he was there for almost his entire career and they got rid of him too. Same thing with Danny Granger in Indiana. It even happened here with Dominique. San Antonio is probably the only team that stays loyal to their aging players. So my question is, if most teams are willing to throw you out when you aren't worth as much as you once was, why take pay-cuts in the part of your career where its your best chance to get a max contract?

Edited by aali34
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

I hope he stays with Atlanta, he's one of the reasons why Hawks have a strong team chemistry

We say this every year lately about the Hawk's current small forward and when Bazemore leaves, we'll say the same about the next guy

On 4/29/2016 at 4:04 PM, Alex said:

I would hope that Bazemore at least considers the Hawks if he hits free agency.  I mean he bounced around from a couple different teams and never really had a chance.  The Hawks picked him up at a very good deal for both sides.  I would hope that Kent would consider that when he begins to think about offers he receives.  

Kent STILL isnt a starter.  Too many minutes exposes him.  Plays out of control too much on offense. I love the hustle, dont get me wrong, but his below average jump shot and wild forays into the lane just take away from his starting value.  Let him walk.

Edited by Hawkmoor

10 hours ago, aali34 said:

But at the same time, most teams aren't loyal to the players. One of the reasons Tyson Chandler was pissed after he was traded again from Dallas was because they told him that he was there long term, but when they went after DeAndre Jordan, they didn't think twice. 

Look what Boston did with Paul Pierce, he was there for almost his entire career and they got rid of him too. Same thing with Danny Granger in Indiana. It even happened here with Dominique. San Antonio is probably the only team that stays loyal to their aging players. So my question is, if most teams are willing to throw you out when you aren't worth as much as you once was, why take pay-cuts in the part of your career where its your best chance to get a max contract?

I agree.  I'm not for that pay cut or "hometown discount" business.  These are the same NBA owners that jack up playoff tickets by 100%, simply because they can and they know that people will pay those prices.

Players need to get all they can get, when they can get it.  I'm not for paying Baze 10+ million.  Let someone else do that.

Lakers will go all out and overpay for him anyway.