• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks/CAVs series will determine if the core stays intact

wolvetigers

The Hawks management obviously loves Horford, Korver and Bazemore, but I would be surprise if the Hawks keep those 3 together.  If i had to choose i would say Bazemore stays on a decent contract; but at this point it makes no sense to sign Horford to a big contract. He is a great guy, good player, but if you Max a player it better be a superstar.....I wonder if the Hawks break the mold and try to pursue Blake Griffin for Horford  (sign & trade deal) or something similar. 

If the series doesn't go 6....Does it make sense to keep together a team that is 2nd or 3rd best in the East? The business side w/new ownership probably points to NO.

GO HAWKS, but change is near...and I expect Horford to be GONE>>>>>>>>

Edited by wolvetigers

44 minutes ago, wolvetigers said:

The Hawks management obviously loves Horford, Korver and Bazemore, but I would be surprise if the Hawks keep those 3 together.  If i had to choose i would say Bazemore stays on a decent contract; but at this point it makes no sense to sign Horford to a big contract. He is a great guy, good player, but if you Max a player it better be a superstar.....I wonder if the Hawks break the mold and try to pursue Blake Griffin for Horford  (sign & trade deal) or something similar. 

If the series doesn't go 6....Does it make sense to keep together a team that is 2nd or 3rd best in the East? The business side w/new ownership probably points to NO.

I was just thinking about this the last night.

It seems that people are ok with handing Horf a max contract while also giving Bazemore 13-15 million a year.

If Cleveland wins the series easily, I don't know how you can justify that. It's not as if Bazemore's skill set is all that rare. He is  average in most regards. Average scorer, Average shooter and an Average rebounder. He doesn't have much in the way of handles.  Athleticism is the one area where he gives the team a boost. I'm not sure how well Baze works as a starting SG since he has no handles and average shooting ability. He is too small at the three spot. 

Horford isn't going anywhere.

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, warcore said:

If Teague continues to play well, does anybody think a team would trade a top 3 pick in this years draft for him?

Not likely.  Teague probably doesn't have that kind of value in trade.  What's more, Teague has one year left on his deal before he becomes an unrestricted free agent.  Nobody's giving up a top three pick for a guy who would be a rental.

2 hours ago, wolvetigers said:

I don't think we would win more with Blake Griffin.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wolvetigers said:

What do you considsr a decent  contract for Bazemore?  

1 hour ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

I was just thinking about this the last night.

It seems that people are ok with handing Horf a max contract while also giving Bazemore 13-15 million a year.

If Cleveland wins the series easily, I don't know how you can justify that. It's not as if Bazemore's skill set is all that rare. He is  average in most regards. Average scorer, Average shooter and an Average rebounder. He doesn't have much in the way of handles.  Athleticism is the one area where he gives the team a boost. I'm not sure how well Baze works as a starting SG since he has no handles and average shooting ability. He is too small at the three spot. 

Horford isn't going anywhere.

Edited by Trout7

I really dont know what to say about the Hawks. One game, Horford plays allstar level and Bud seems to let him go toward the basket, next game, he is out in Stephen Curry land hoisting threes from half court.   If i were running the team:

1. Kyle stays, but comes off the bench.

2. Offer Baze something decent, but not that big contract he wants. Let him walk if he budges.

3.  Keep Teague and Dennis.

4. Sign a decent scoring small forward to replace Baze.  ( the hardest part of next years rebuilding)

5. Max Horford. ( saying that because thats what they gonna do, regardless).

6. Keep Splitter. He owes the Hawks big minutes. Lets see what he got.

7.  Keep Scott, Moose, Thabo and give Hardaway more minutes.

8. Find out what you got in, i forgot the big center name, thats how much they play him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What do you considsr a decent  contract for Bazemore?  

The Hawks will probably just let Bazemore walk and sign Harrison Barnes to an offer sheet.  We can't pay Al Horford a max contract, if we do the Hawks will be a perennial 4th seed in the East. 

I expect a lot of movement this summer for Atlanta.

• Moderators
On 5/1/2016 at 1:31 AM, wolvetigers said:

Yes, but the marketing team /owner would love it financially and it brings star power to our team at a slightly younger age. 

His injury history has me highly suspect of a move to bring Griffin in.  There is an open basketball question about how good he really is but the idea that he is damaged goods seems very real to me.  I don't want another Danny Manning.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 1/5/2016 at 1:28 AM, wolvetigers said:

The Hawks will probably just let Bazemore walk and sign Harrison Barnes to an offer sheet.  We can't pay Al Horford a max contract, if we do the Hawks will be a perennial 4th seed in the East. 

If we don't we are a perennial 8th seed

On 1/5/2016 at 1:31 AM, wolvetigers said:

Yes, but the marketing team /owner would love it financially and it brings star power to our team at a slightly younger age. 

Who cares about any of these things if we don't win more games?

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'm predicting we love our core regardless of the result of this series.  That said, I wouldn't include Baze in the core and I think his contract and future would be the one to swing on this series.  

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, AHF said:

I'm predicting we love our core regardless of the result of this series.  That said, I wouldn't include Baze in the core and I think his contract and future would be the one to swing on this series.  

As long as Bud is here I don't see a massive overall.   I think we'll keep tweaking and keep continuity.  

6 hours ago, macdaddy said:

As long as Bud is here I don't see a massive overall.   I think we'll keep tweaking and keep continuity.  

Same ole Hawks if we don't try to shake things up......How many years will we accept mediocrity..

with that said I think we make moves....Korver maybe gone too

On 5/1/2016 at 2:28 AM, wolvetigers said:

If Hawks can't afford Horford to the max, than hawks can't afford anybody, like a superstar this team needs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

If Hawks can't afford Horford to the max, than hawks can't afford anybody, like a superstar this team needs.

It's not that the Hawks can't afford a Horford max, the lingering question is should they pay it to him.