• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Damn, Bud

benhillboy

He's lost so many points with me.  Common basketball knowledge suggests he should've benched Kyle months ago.  It doesn't take a genius to see Hump is a quality Big.  I have no words for playing Muscala over him.  Hell, most of us could've predicted he'd be more impactful versus Thompson than our starter, who I will not name.  Brett Brown could've made more sound adjustments to the three point barrage all series long.

The Atlanta media is so soft, I hope he gets killed somewhere.  He totally deserves it.  LeBron's minites, usage, scoring, and rebounding were all similar to his regular season where he cruised through 2/3s of it.  Bud got swept by Lue as he gave LeBron a glorified rest and on-court coaching course.  Hell Naw.

Wilcox seems soft to me.  The personnel comes second, this ownership group needs to find a tested  GM with some balls who will question Bud and allow him to focus on coaching alone.  If LeBron stays in the East Bud's leash needs to be cut in half out this muthaf&@ka.  Becky Hammon is much better looking anyway.  I'm pretty sure she won't have an unbreakable love affair with Kyle and Hump won't sleep with her husband in her bed while she's downstairs getting hammered.  Just speculating but it's plausible seeing how Bud treated him like a Kardashian.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, volman said:

I like you but this is not on bud. 

No, some  of it sits squarely on Bud, to linesup, rotations, sub patterns and playcalls.

The rest on the players  for not playing up to their capabilities and being better come playoff time. 2 years in a row our 'best' players were not better in the playoffs than the regular season.  Just not good enough.

Bud needs coaching school this offseason.  

Some of Bud's playoff coaching has been like watching Sap missing all those two foot bunnies during the year. Logic has been defied. We all need better.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No, some  of it sits squarely on Bud, to linesup, rotations, sub patterns and playcalls.

The rest on the players  for not playing up to their capabilities and being better come playoff time. 2 years in a row our 'best' players were not better in the playoffs than the regular season.  Just not good enough.

Bud needs coaching school this offseason.  

Our best players played terribly. The Cavs were HISTORIC from 3. 

And we were in 3 of the games with no superstars. Should had won at least 2 of them. 

Yes, hump should have played more.. But bud made some adjustments. We just don't have an elite roster. 

We  don't make it to round 2 with Drew or Woody as coach. 

• Moderators

I was calling for Kyle to be coming off the bench since last season... Although we do have a talent issue in Atlanta. We'll continue to lose series to teams with star talent for simple fact that we have no answer. We don't have a single player on this roster that can put the team on his back in crunch time and win us the game... I mean look at frickin' Portland and what Lillard did for them... Beat Golden State! We need a go-to guy. We'd be up 3-1 in this series if we just had a go-to player with can create buckets. Can't really put that on Bud... And if it costs us Horford to get a player like that, then so be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

I was calling for Kyle to be coming off the bench since last season... Although we do have a talent issue in Atlanta. We'll continue to lose series to teams with star talent for simple fact that we have no answer. We don't have a single player on this roster that can put the team on his back in crunch time and win us the game... I mean look at frickin' Portland and what Lillard did for them... Beat Golden State! We need a go-to guy. We'd be up 3-1 in this series if we just had a go-to player with can create buckets. Can't really put that on Bud... And if it costs us Horford to get a player like that, then so be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of these 4th quarters had me missing Jamal Crawford as a hawk smh.

We really do need an elite talent though, or even one that's just near it. Like Dame, or even (Dare I say it..) Derrick Rose.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, volman said:

And we were in 3 of the games with no superstars. Should had won at least 2 of them. 

Yes, hump should have played more.. But bud made some adjustments. We just don't have an elite roster. 

True. They need a talent upgrade. I'd say nobody should be untouchable besides Millsap - he brings it every night on both sides of the ball.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Bud can't be blamed for the fact that the best three players in this series all played for the other team and two of those guys are either superstars or as close to it as you can get. What he CAN be blamed for is the play calling and rotations. There was zero reason Korver should be playing the minutes he did all season let alone this series. Hump looked a beast in this game and instead of using him Bud benched him. Insane.

The bloom is off the rose with Bud.

We won't ever know why Bud didn't use Humph when I believe he was the most efficient player in the playoffs for us. I mean really what is going in Bud's head at the end of games. I give him credit for putting Thabo on the floor and finally bringing Korver off the bench though much too late. The mistakes in the regular season are one thing but clean it up for the big stage Bud.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, volman said:

We definitely make it to Round 2 with both of them coaching.  Woody never lost a series in which he was the favorite.  Nor did Drew.

The Cavs were historic from 3 because Bud's trapping perimeter scheme got exploited big time.

You know what Larry Drew did in 2011 when he saw Woody's switch defense get ripped to shreads by Orlando's 3 point shooters in 2010?  He told the team to not leave those shooters for anything, and force Dwight Howard to beat them.  

Howard goes off, but their shooters didn't.  Hawks win in 6 games ... the ONLY TIME in this 9 year stretch that a lower seeded Hawks team actually won a series.

That same 2011 team battles Chicago in a 6 game series.  A series in which we steal Game 1 in Chicago, go into Game 5 tied 2 - 2, and have a lead in the 4th quarter of that game.

If this squad would've battled Cleveland like that, we'd all feel much better about this team and coach.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 4

• Premium Member

I'm watching.  I'm screaming at the TV to just leave a man on Kevin Love at all times.     And most of the time, Love is wide open.

That's Bud's defense.

The game became who can get the ball to Love the most creatively. ... and then it was.. We know we can push you guys around in the 4th.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I'm watching.  I'm screaming at the TV to just leave a man on Kevin Love at all times.     And most of the time, Love is wide open.

Yeah D...it seemed like our players simply didn't know how to handle the standard pick-n-roll at times.  I'm not sure if that is on Bud or the players (?)

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, DJlaysitup said:

Yeah D...it seemed like our players simply didn't know how to handle the standard pick-n-roll at times.  I'm not sure if that is on Bud or the players (?)

Bud Ought to be calling Woodson to be his defensive coach.  Somebody who can coach real defense.   We will be in need of some assistants in the offseason.  PLEASE get somebody who can coach defense better than what we're doing.

• Premium Member

Why didn't Bud tell his players no trapping, no double teams on the perimeter? Why didn't he play Hump more? This series was lost on coaching and your big three not showing up. Oh well, off into the off season.

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Diesel said:

Bud Ought to be calling Woodson to be his defensive coach.  Somebody who can coach real defense.   We will be in need of some assistants in the offseason.  PLEASE get somebody who can coach defense better than what we're doing.

Woodson ran one of the most predictable defenses I've ever seen.  It was fine for the regular season but badly abused in the post-season.  I never want to see him in charge of a Hawks O or D ever again.  If we ran the "auto-switch" against Cleveland, LeBron would just run a screen against whatever matchup he wanted and watch Korver switch onto him time after time.