Should we trade the Pick for a player... again??

Diesel

• Premium Member

I'm wondering if we'd consider doing another trade like that to get a Sf.

Here's my shortlist:

1.  Kyle Anderson.

2.  Shabazz Muhammed.

3.  Maurice Harkless.

Now let me just say... I think Kyle Anderson may be a very good fit for us.  With San Antonio being in transition, we may be able to send them back Splitter and get Anderson in return.  

I have always liked Muhammed.   I think right now, Minny is at a crossroads with him.  Send him to Atlanta and he can shine.

Harkless is hard because he has good size...kinda.. but his shooting doesn't quite fit.  However, maybe his shooting is a work.

Another thought is going after guys who have fell out of favor on their teams:

1. Jeff Green.

2.  Kyle SIngler.

3.   Tony Snell.

I believe we can get Snell for a 2nd rounder and a mention on Twitter.   Same for Singler.

However, I would like seeing Jeff Green in our system.

Can't see why San Antonio would trade Anderson.  His style of play is perfect for the Spurs.  

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Alex said:

Can't see why San Antonio would trade Anderson.  His style of play is perfect for the Spurs.  

IF San Antonio has seen the last of Duncan, maybe they would want Splitter back for some Depth.  Like I said, Splitter for Anderson.   They have Leonard.

15 hours ago, Diesel said:

I'm wondering if we'd consider doing another trade like that to get a Sf.

Here's my shortlist:

1.  Kyle Anderson.

2.  Shabazz Muhammed.

3.  Maurice Harkless.

Now let me just say... I think Kyle Anderson may be a very good fit for us.  With San Antonio being in transition, we may be able to send them back Splitter and get Anderson in return.  

I have always liked Muhammed.   I think right now, Minny is at a crossroads with him.  Send him to Atlanta and he can shine.

Harkless is hard because he has good size...kinda.. but his shooting doesn't quite fit.  However, maybe his shooting is a work.

Another thought is going after guys who have fell out of favor on their teams:

1. Jeff Green.

2.  Kyle SIngler.

3.   Tony Snell.

I believe we can get Snell for a 2nd rounder and a mention on Twitter.   Same for Singler.

However, I would like seeing Jeff Green in our system.

I think SA would want to keep Anderson. I don't see why SA would want to take Splitter back when they got Boban who is younger, cheaper and healthier. If anything Spurs would not add on salary since it's rumored they're chasing Conley.

I think Shabazz is a keeper in MINN. He's like their 6th man and worth more than a non lottery pick. If anything he may be even more valuable for MINN now that they have a legit coach.

Harkless is a RFA. Can save the pick and put an offer out for him.

Green is a UFA and LAC own his bird rights plus he's playing for Doc and alongside CP3, Blake and DeAndre.

Singler I could see but I don't think he's worth this year's 1st. Same with Snell.

15 hours ago, Wurider05 said:

The Sixers are looking to trade either Okafor or Noel or both.  We need to try and get in on that some kind of way.

With teams like Boston that have better assets, only way ATL could even have a chance at Okafor/Noel is if they trade this year's first AND Millsap and we know that isn't happening.

• Admin

I like the idea of signing Harkless and think he would be a good replacement for Baz at half the price ... in our system we can work on his shooting

Shabazz can score but can't guard a paper bag ... i don't want a guy who won't defend.

9 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

With teams like Boston that have better assets, only way ATL could even have a chance at Okafor/Noel is if they trade this year's first AND Millsap and we know that isn't happening.

I think Philly is pretty high on Teague and getting a competent PG to run the offense, which is something that Boston doesn't have despite all their assets.

12 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

Don't think anyone other than Philly would have a crazy high value for Noel like that. Noel really needs some mass if we were to try and use him at both C and Pf. As Bank previously said Teague would probably get it done. Pretty sure Colangelo would make sure Jeff would not be a rental. 

I honestly don't know if JUST Teague will get it done for Noel or Okafor. I personally don't think it will, but I was merely pointing out that Philly has shown a lot of interest in our PGs, which is something Boston doesn't have.

At the same time... I think Budcox is still really high on Teague and they might also think that a straight swap of Teague for Noel or Okafor isn't fair. So lol who knows.

Edited by Bankingitbig

I guess the political reply would be: "It depends who is available when our pick is up."  Which is pretty much what happened with the Tim Jr trade.   The trade didn't happen until we were picking.

50 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

Honestly I think the hawks can get okafor by trading Teague+1st round Draft Pick. Embid is going to play this year and they will probably draft Simmons. They need a veteran PG. 

Problem is even if Im right (not saying I am) and the hawks could make that trade happen Bud and Staff have to figure if they are going to resign horford. Which they likely would but then that brings up the discussion of the starting lineup....As many already know I don't have a problem putting Sap at the 3 to play some minutes there but Budcox may not agree to that approach of going BIG in the front court.

8 minutes ago, JTB said:

Honestly I think the hawks can get okafor by trading Teague+1st round Draft Pick. Embid is going to play this year and they will probably draft Simmons. They need a veteran PG. 

Problem is even if Im right (not saying I am) and the hawks could make that trade happen Bud and Staff have to figure if they are going to resign horford. Which they likely would but then that brings up the discussion of the starting lineup....As many already know I don't have a problem putting Sap at the 3 to play some minutes there but Budcox may not agree to that approach of going BIG in the front court.

If the Hawks do get Okafor, they could resign Al, and then move Milsap. Not saying they should, but this would be a classic case of selling high on an asset to get maximal return. That return could net a significant package say from Orlando (Herzongia, and maybe Gordon?).

1 hour ago, Bankingitbig said:

I think Philly is pretty high on Teague and getting a competent PG to run the offense, which is something that Boston doesn't have despite all their assets.

Yeah I know Brett Brown and Teague's dad used to be college roommates. Smart would be okay for PHI though.

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Don't think anyone other than Philly would have a crazy high value for Noel like that. Noel really needs some mass if we were to try and use him at both C and Pf. As Bank previously said Teague would probably get it done. Pretty sure Colangelo would make sure Jeff would not be a rental. 

I wouldn't blame PHI for having a high trade value. He fits the prototype of the new age NBA center. 

57 minutes ago, JTB said:

A high first round draft pick from the Hawks. If that's the case a team like TOR could trump that with Joseph and 7th overall pick or their own pick.

16 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I don't think you can trade first round picks in back to back years. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You are wrong.  

We used our pick last year then traded it, so it doesn't count

What you can't do is say for example, at this year's trade deadline we traded our 2016 and 2017 picks - that you can't  do.

20 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I don't think you can trade first round picks in back to back years. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The Hawks can trade their first round pick this year.  The rule only applies to future consecutive first round picks.  So, the Hawks could not trade this years first round pick as well as next years, because next years would be considered a "future consecutive first round pick".

This article does a decent job explaining it:

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/12/trading-future-draft.html

Edited by ATLSmith
  • Like 2