• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

With Whiz, Jeff! Ask for One With Whiz!

lethalweapon3

18 minutes ago, Diesel said:

This season Jeff Finished 16, 6 , & 3 rpg  Shooting 44% from the field and 40% from 3.

Isaiah Thomas = 22, 6, and 3 with 43% from field and 36% from 3.

John Wall = 19, 10, and 5 with 42% from the field and 35% from 3.

Kyle Lowry = 21, 6, and 5 with  with 42% from the field and 39% from 3.

The biggest difference here is that Teague played an average of 28 mpg compared to guys who played somewhere closer to 37 mpg.   Per 36, he's still a bit behind Wall but definitely better than Thomas and even with Lowry.

Of the allstar PGs, Jeff is definitely the better shooter. My guess is that if he is traded, he will be an allstar or a strong candidate because he won't be splitting time with other PGs and the offense will be focused more on him.

I have love for Teague too but I wouldn't pass up this deal to keep him. You can look at Teagues stats all you want but anyone who has watched Teague knows he can become passive and most know he's not dangerous until he's his aggressive "playoff Teague" self.

im tired of hoping he turns out to be a star. He splits minutes because Dennis challenges him to the max! And though We all know Teague is BETTER this trade allows Dennis an opportunity to go through some growing pains as a starter which he will do but also gives us a big to develop in Noel who needs guidance from veteran bigs like sap and al who happens to also be legit all stars every year!

Convington will learn from Thabo, Baze, &Korver. And all these young guys will learn from our terrific coaching staff and superstar coach and president. 

Probably is now...this trade is too good to be true to trade Teague to get Noel and Convington ....and nothing else involved. That's why I won't be shocked if it doesn't happen.

4 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

The Philly press and boards is already hating on this rumour. Expect this to be a trick to either start a bidding-war, or Dennis instead of Teague in that deal.

Dennis instead of Teague is fine!

• Like 1

Teague is partly attractive because of his contract, but it wouldnt mean a thing to Philly for the one year left on it. Then they have to resign him, which might be unlikely. So two studs gone...Dennis would offer them a young stud in return and a contract managable after this one runs out.  Teague isnt also all that much of a leader type of PG who can teach young players. I think Dennis would already be better at that. Still though, Philly with Dennis would prolly still be a mess, pending on Embiid and their pick. I've been watching some Ben Simmons vids and Im sold on him very much. So who knows.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

So.  It's not about Noel at all for you huh??

It's about getting rid of Teague?

Not saying that at all. I really like Noel and I think he would be great with us, I personally don't want to do the deal though if it's for Dennis. I like Teague as well, but didn't like the way he finished last year and since Dennis is much younger, I'd like to stick with Dennis and see what Teague can get us.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Not saying that at all. I really like Noel and I think he would be great with us, I personally don't want to do the deal though if it's for Dennis. I like Teague as well, but didn't like the way he finished last year and since Dennis is much younger, I'd like to stick with Dennis and see what Teague can get us.

There's contradiction all over this.

Like I said, this has nothing to do with Noel... really.  This is more about making a spot for Dennis?? Right.   Because if this was really about getting Noel and Philly said that price for Noel was Dennis, then you'd be on board... if you really wanted Noel. 

However, because you think that the deal is about Teague, you're all for it.   But.. you like Teague.

What if Teague could get us something else?

For instance.  What if Dennis could get us Noel.  Teague could get us Gay.  And We could go out and sign Baze and Jeremy Lin and Horf....

or

What if Dennic could get us Noel.  Teague + our First could get us Hayward... and we could go out and sign Baze, and Ish Smith/Ray Felton and Horf...

Would you do that?

Of course you wouldn't.  Your only goal is to move Teague out to make room for Dennis.

Hey Mr. Iron Hot Taker...

You just admitted you are fine with being the Memphis of the East, always get to enjoy playoff basketball, but the upside at most instead of being a tough out to an elite playoff team is to get stomped by one, usually in the 2nd round, but sometimes in the ECF.

You'd GLADLY resign all of the core that is right now in their upper 20s to lower 30s to continue a wild goose chase that will lead to nowhere if that's the only way to get to enjoy playoff basketball consistently.

Edited by Lurker

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Hey Mr. Iron Hot Taker...

You just admitted you are fine with being the Memphis of the East, always get to enjoy playoff basketball, but the upside at most instead of being a tough out to an elite playoff team is to get stomped by one, usually in the 2nd round, but sometimes in the ECF.

You'd GLADLY resign all of the core that is right now in their upper 20s to lower 30s to continue a wild goose chase that will lead to nowhere if that's the only way to get to enjoy playoff basketball consistently.

I admitted to being fine with being Memphis of the East??  When?

Would I rather be in the playoffs than the lottery?  YES....  I believe that if you're in the playoffs, you have better tradable pieces and you have to tweak instead of rebuild.  THIS AINT 2k16 Jerker...   You can't just go out and make up a team like you suggested Earlier.   Deals have to make sense.    You can't just go out and get Durant because ... YOU want him... That's only in your 2k16 world.  Welcome to the real world Jerker...  Let me introduce you to something that few people know.  There have only been a few teams in the history of the NBA that has won championships.  And Most of them won Multiple championships.   And Most of them stay in the championship hunt.   Teams that rebuild.. rarely... win championships...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I believe that if you're in the playoffs, you have better tradable pieces and you have to tweak instead of rebuild.

This team doesn't though, Mr. Iron Hot Taker. Their two best players are in their 30s (no, Jeff Teague isn't one of the two best). They're still a treadmill team and you don't realize it. You're not getting enough for Dennis Schröder for it to be worth it to trade him, so he's not an option on the trade market. Paul Millsap is your only trade asset at this point.

If 2014-2015 was a 50 win team, would you still want to keep your obviously favorite players in Jeff Teague and Paul Millsap?

A step back is needed for a better future. Here's one:

Trade Jeff Teague for Nerlens Noel and Robert Covington.

Trade Paul Millsap to Minnesota for their pick, that becomes Buddy Hield.

It results in a team that is worse next year, but actually has more young players. In 2018, your method of madness would have something similar to this team:

A 29 year old Jeff Teague/Kahlil Felder
Tim Hardaway Jr/draft pick
Taurean Prince/Thabo Sefolosha
A 33 year old, exiting his prime Paul Millsap/Mike Scott
A 32 year old Dwight Howard that hasn't been good for a while/Edy Tavares

I honestly doubt that this method is a playoff team in the East in 2018 unless Taurean Prince is Kawhi Leonard and I doubt it. Paul Millsap is good but his decline will start soon, and Dwight Howard hasn't been good for a while. Jeff Teague would be the best player of that team, and yeah...but noooo.

Edited by Lurker

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

This team doesn't though, Mr. Iron Hot Taker. Their two best players are in their 30s (no, Jeff Teague isn't one of the two best). They're still a treadmill team and you don't realize it. You're not getting enough for Dennis Schröder for it to be worth it to trade him, so he's not an option on the trade market. Paul Millsap is your only trade asset at this point.

If 2014-2015 was a 50 win team, would you still want to keep your obviously favorite players in Jeff Teague and Paul Millsap?

A step back is needed for a better future. Here's one:

Trade Jeff Teague for Nerlens Noel and Robert Covington.

Trade Paul Millsap to Minnesota for their pick, that becomes Buddy Hield.

It results in a team that is worse next year, but actually has more young players. In 2018, your method of madness would have something similar to this team:

A 29 year old Jeff Teague/Kahlil Felder
Tim Hardaway Jr/draft pick
Taurean Prince/Thabo Sefolosha
A 33 year old, exiting his prime Paul Millsap/Mike Scott
A 32 year old Dwight Howard that hasn't been good for a while/Edy Tavares

I honestly doubt that this method is a playoff team in the East in 2018 unless Taurean Prince is Kawhi Leonard and I doubt it. Paul Millsap is good but his decline will start soon, and Dwight Howard hasn't been good for a while. Jeff Teague would be the best player of that team, and yeah...but noooo.

Haha...

You just said that you don't believe that Horf and Sap have good trade value.  Why keep talking Lurker.  It's obvious that you're making valuations based on NBA2k16 and not on reality.

Now you want to take the best defender and allstar and trade him for a shot at a draft pick.   That's a waste of brain cells energy.

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Now you want to take the best defender and allstar and trade him for a shot at a draft pick.

Now I really know you ignored half of this post. What do you do when Jeff Teague and Paul Millsap age and the Hawks still have ZERO CHAMPIONSHIPS with them? You also have ZERO young prospects due to the fact you constantly chased what you had no chance at.

You just f***ed your team for a decade by doing it.

And Paul Millsap isn't the best defender on the team, it was easily Al Horford, who would be valued too low on the market if he was put on it because his stats are not fancy.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Lurker said:

Now I really know you ignored half of this post. What do you do when Jeff Teague and Paul Millsap age and the Hawks still have ZERO CHAMPIONSHIPS with them? You also have ZERO young prospects due to the fact you constantly chased what you had no chance at.

You just f***ed your team for a decade by doing it.

And Paul Millsap isn't the best defender on the team, it was easily Al Horford, who would be valued too low on the market if he was put on it because his stats are not fancy.

Babcock.. .IS that you??  You're right.. we should trade Dominique before he gets Old.  Let's get that young guy.. Danny Manning.

Night Night.

12 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Babcock.. .IS that you??  You're right.. we should trade Dominique before he gets Old.  Let's get that young guy.. Danny Manning.

Night Night.

But THIS method of madness of keeping a rapidly aging core is never going to led to a title either, no matter how much you believe it will, Mr. Iron Hot Taker. We saw this story with the Braves after 1995 and look at what keeping the core gave them:

NO MORE TITLES.

The first one was fun, but this team never got that one....and you're perfectly OK with continuing to see that 2015 was a big fluke?

And the Braves after that would continue to try to desperately try to put together teams to make title runs and failed time and time again. The destruction of their farm system came earlier than documented, it came when Schuerholz started to make last ditch attempts to compete with Glavine and Smoltz before they . And then it was about "lets make one last run for Bobby", "lets make one last run for Chipper", and trying to patch by trading for Justin Upton and Melvin Upton Jr to help make the fans feel better after Chipper Jones left.

What did it get them? Nothing. Constantly.

And we will see a repeat of this with the Hawks. Trying to patch patch patch to get to being a title contender does not work. If the Hawks try this method, like the Braves did after 1995, they will be sorry in 2020.

I will be right. You will be wrong.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

The truth is, the only time the Hawks EVER looked like a title contender under Bud was December-January 2014-2015 @Diesel. But yet people still think that this wasn't a small sample size, and keeping the core is the right move.

Trust me, it won't be. It wasn't with the Braves in the early 00s and it won't be here. It'll just lead to more of running in circles.

I'm done unless I find something interesting, but what I find AMAZING with this guy is he's all ears with anything that gets rid of Al Horford and Dennis Schröder but will flame you if you try to get rid of his favorite players. It's obvious here that ALL he is doing is showing favoritism to his golden boys Jeff Teague and Paul Millsap.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1