• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA TRADE RUMORS: HORFORD TO SPURS

Spursfanpeacemaker

• Premium Member

They wouldn't want him, one of the reasons they lost to OKC was because of their lack of rebounding from the bench. Why would they want that to spill over into the staring lineup? I think thier best shot is getting Mike Conley and Joakim Noah( Only if Duncan retires though)

plus the article looks a little poorly written if you ask me

Edited by aali34

10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Can they really sign another max contract this summer?   we can't afford bazemore but somehow the spurs can't sign Kawhi, aldridge and horf to huge deals with no problem.   what are we doing here?

@macdaddy They can offer Horford a full 4 year max if TD and Manu and West decline their player options, the team doesn't  pick up Diaw's and Simmons' options, they trade Mills and Kyle Anderson, do not offer Boban the qualifying offer, trade out of the 1st round and that may still not be enough. May need to move one of Parker and Green and keep a few smaller contracts like Mills and Anderson instead.

The Hawks can resign both Al and Bazemore, the question is should they.

Yeah not worried about this. As long as the Hawks are willing to give Horford the full 5 year max he's coming back no matter what but if Bud tries to go with a similar deal to Horford like millsap then we may face the pressure to sign players quickly.

this is why bud has to be on top of things the second free agency starts. He has to get Horford to verbally sign quick as possible so he can look to other free agents to sign.

I think the Spurs know Al would rather eat live insects than bang with Adams.  I would hope the Hawks realize the same is true with Thompson.  

I've learned that all that "position-less," "pace-and-space" crap is all cool until you get to that C position.  Dude gotta be  traditional, simply the toughest guy on the team.  Even Al's biggest supporters know he isn't close, far behind Sap and Dennis.  I just can't accept that in any player, let alone a $24 million plus player.  

Diesel spoke on height, but Thompson is 6'8" at best.  Draymond even shorter.  

I used to be as big an Al fan as any, thought he was the team leader from Day 1.  He was a down-low rugged player.  I'm sure all my posts from 2010 are based around Al and Jamal slurpage.  Now all I see is a less-than-mild mannered guy who has poor core strength and  worse upper body.  

When I see guys like Adams, Bogut, Green, and Thompson embody the traditional C ideals  of playing smart while putting a damn body on someone for a fraction of the price on much better teams it's quite infuriating.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I think the Spurs know Al would rather eat live insects than bang with Adams.  I would hope the Hawks realize the same is true with Thompson.  

I've learned that all that "position-less," "pace-and-space" crap is all cool until you get to that C position.  Dude gotta be  traditional, simply the toughest guy on the team.  Even Al's biggest supporters know he isn't close, far behind Sap and Dennis.  I just can't accept that in any player, let alone a $24 million plus player.  

Diesel spoke on height, but Thompson is 6'8" at best.  Draymond even shorter.  

I used to be as big an Al fan as any, thought he was the team leader from Day 1.  He was a down-low rugged player.  I'm sure all my posts from 2010 are based around Al and Jamal slurpage.  Now all I see is a less-than-mild mannered guy who has poor core strength and  worse upper body.  

When I see guys like Adams, Bogut, Green, and Thompson embody the traditional C ideals  of playing smart while putting a damn body on someone for a fraction of the price on much better teams it's quite infuriating.

I always say it's about Al's effort and activity - not his size against these Centers.    When he wants to he battles.

• Premium Member

Al is not the same player pre pec tears. It is just the truth. Before them he'd get in there and fight with anyone in the league. Since that second tear? NOPE to that.

@JayBirdHawk has this really cute gif of a mommy kitty running off quickly with her kitten she used before. If she can put that back up that's how Horford in 2016 reacts to scrums or banging for a board. He's a shook one. It kills me to say it because pre injuries Horford was a true warrior.

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Al is not the same player pre pec tears. It is just the truth. Before them he'd get in there and fight with anyone in the league. Since that second tear? NOPE to that.

@JayBirdHawk has this really cute gif of a mommy kitty running off quickly with her kitten she used before. If she can put that back up that's how Horford in 2016 reacts to scrums or banging for a board. He's a shook one. It kills me to say it because pre injuries Horford was a true warrior.

@Sothron  You asked....

giphy.gif

I guess this is Tito pulling Al outta the scrum