Teague Traded to Pacers!!!!

Wurider05

1 minute ago, Afro said:

We have 31 in cap space right now if I'm doing the math right. 

After 15 for Horfords hold we have 16...

if we give Baze that and sign a middling vet. ....I swear. 

and with Teague , the team was 1 loss away from being  the 7th seed in the playoff ,. Cavs may sweep us in the first round next year. Might as well rebuild now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pimp said:

and with Teague , the team was 1 loss away from being  the 7th seed in the playoff ,. Cavs may sweep us in the first round next year. Might as well rebuild now.

I'm not getting my hopes up. 

We've done this every year and every ear we come away with absolutely nothing. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well I've been gone all day doing good in the community (Habitat for Humanity) and the Squawk is all blown up.

Lots of crying here.

If the deal is just 12th and nothing else, I don't like it at first blush, I'll wait to give a comment when all things fall into place.

Bitching about the capspace we've gained is stupid because we needed to clear space, period,  wether it's for Horford or ANY OTHER FREE AGENT.

Good Luck Jeff!

If the other free agent is Bazemore, then we are worse than we were when the day started.  Same team, with one less good point guard, and 2 first round picks that will probably become some thoroughly mediocre guy and 2 second rounders.  Sorry, but we don't do drafting.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Watchman said:

If the other free agent is Bazemore, then we are worse than we were when the day started.  Same team, with one less good point guard, and 2 first round picks that will probably become some thoroughly mediocre guy and 2 second rounders.  Sorry, but we don't do drafting.

12s gonna be traded for JJ Reddick lol

7 minutes ago, Afro said:

We have 31 in cap space right now if I'm doing the math right. 

After 15 for Horfords hold we have 16...

if we give Baze that and sign a middling vet. ....I swear. 

You must be including all other cap holds and team options/non-guaranteed contracts plus the two first round picks. Also, Horford's hold is $18M.

Is this the same Al Horford who had  like 1 rebound in a playoff game vs the Cavs. I always say you can tell how good your front office is during the off season.Teams like Okc can find a Steven Adams with the 12th pick and Golden State the Draymond Greens in the 2nd rd meanwhile the Hawks season after season blow draft picks year after yr and can't sign any top free agen ts to make a difference.

• Like 4

• Moderators

"That's right, Bawb."

Can somebody go check on Bob? Between the Dream's 2OT loss, thousands of screaming children and the NBA trade winds blowing, he might be a tad  disoriented. Besides, wasn't this kinda the way Daniel Bryan got started?

~lw3

2 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

"That's right, Bawb."

Can somebody go check on Bob? Between the Dream's 2OT loss, thousands of screaming children and the NBA trade winds blowing, he might be a tad  disoriented. Besides, wasn't this kinda the way Daniel Bryan got started?

~lw3

If Bob is Daniel Bryan, Supes must be ((Team Hell No)) for the way he is defending Horf.

Can some of our Cap experts clear something up? According to Hoopshype, we had 52 million committed before the trade. Now we have approximately 44 million. With Horford's Caphold at 18 million that would take us up to 62 million. I believe the new cap is 94 million. Does that mean we now have 32 million to work with even including Horford?

This team can't keep throwing away draft picks. I don't care if this is a weak draft. Building through the draft is paramount in multiple sports.  The NBA is no different. Horford + Bazemore/ Whoever isn't saving this squad. They'll be an automatic 1st/2nd round exit lock. 

Plus, let's not act like the young talent on this team isn't already lackluster as is. The Hawks need lottery talent in the worst way. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If we get Jaylen Brown, I will be 10X more excited than when we drafted Oubre

I think that's our target.

Also you lost cool points with me for being excited about that bum last year.