• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I hate to be that guy but...

JSmooooove

Someone has to say it.

Have we made one single good transaction since we fired Ferry?

He made all of the moves to make us a 60 win team and I can't think of one good move we've made since he left. 

That is all. 

Edited by JSmooooove
  • Like 3

He was also that guy that trapped the Hawks into making the decision between Millsap and Carroll. He also didn't draft well.

The team still regresses last season even if he's on board simply due to their system being scouted out better.

The hawks have never been good at drafting, who have we had that was better than him? At least he got us Dennis with a mid round pick. I don't even need to begin to list all of the draft failures in the last decade plus. 

Then you add in the fact that he pulled off one of the greatest trades in NBA history by getting rid of Joe. 

Got rid of Marvin. Signed Sap who was probably the best free agent the hawks have EVER signed. Signed JYD.

If the biggest criticisms we have for him is he signed them to contracts that ended at the same time... then I'd say we had a damn good GM. 

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

LOL LOL LOL LOL.

Wow...how do you become a reporter. Obviously the prerequisite can't be watching basketball?

15 minutes ago, High5 said:

Hill certainly isn't better than Teague but he might be a better fit for Indy as long as Ellis is there. Time will tell.

If Ellis continues to start, it definitely isn't a fit. Even if he doesn't, if George handles the ball most of the time, it's not a good fit because it wouldn't be maximizing what Teague can do.

I gave Bud a pass last season after the draft; but I also saw his appearance right after it. The man was frazzled. I am sure they were telling the truth when it was said we tried to move up but could not get any takers in the lottery range. The man look like he had not slept in 24 hours and trading for Hardaway Jr was for sure his least liked option.

He has to shake things up and get us showing some promise again. The trade today was probably very similar ( Teague or Schröeder ) to what they were trying to pull off during last seasons draft.

Results won't be fully known for a season or three; but I have zero problems with the effort.

Edited by Buzzard

3 hours ago, JSmooooove said:

Someone has to say it.

Have we made one single good transaction since we fired Ferry?

He made all of the moves to make us a 60 win team and I can't think of one good move we've made since he left. 

That is all. 

Just looked at this list:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/executives/budenmi01x.html

The Teague trade has potential. 

I've been down on the Hawks since they let Ferry go for stupid reasons.  

The biggest argument basketball wise to get rid of ferry was he got Carroll and milsap on bargain deals and the Hawks couldn't resign both.

mmmmkay......  If that's all you got then you don't have much.

bud is a good coach but he's not a GM

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gsuteke said:

I've been down on the Hawks since they let Ferry go for stupid reasons.  

The biggest argument basketball wise to get rid of ferry was he got Carroll and milsap on bargain deals and the Hawks couldn't resign both.

mmmmkay......  If that's all you got then you don't have much.

bud is a good coach but he's not a GM

Every player Ferry got on the cheap went on to get a big contract. Milsap, Carroll, Bazemore. No way Bud and Wilcox make those moves, these guys are amateurs.

• Like 1

People are so reactionary. Budcox really hasn't made that many moves yet, so how could you possibly judge them? The Adreian Payne (a guy drafted by Ferry) trade for a first round pick is definitely a positive. The THJ trade I believe is a positive when comparing him to the players that were drafted around our pick last year. Though, from reports it sounds like we were really trying to trade up to get Booker, which would have been a great move. The Teague trade is hard to judge without knowing what we do with the two first round picks. But people have to understand that we had no leverage when trading Teague.

• Like 1