• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Deandre bembry

gsuteke

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Anticipation. Anticipation. Is making me late. Is keeping me waiting. Ready to see some of that stuff from Bembry with him wearing our jersey.

Our 2 guard play has just been so great and consistent how would he ever get any PT?   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Our 2 guard play has just been so great and consistent how would he ever get any PT?   

Pretty funny there but personally and I may well be in the extreme minority here but I do want him backing up Dennis so we have a physical and defensive ball handler option for when Delaney is giving up more than gaining for us. That situation has occurred so often with Delaney's defense.

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, Thomas said:

Personally and I may well be in the extreme minority here but I do want him backing up Dennis so we have a physical and defensive ball handler option for when Delaney is giving up more than gaining for us. That situation has occurred so often with Delaney's defense.

Does Bembry have the quickness to defend NBA PGs?

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I believe he does and even though Delaney has the quickness it doesn't seem to matter most of the time. This would be one way to not have Dennis playing forty minute games in the future. 

Delaney isn't quick, he has  trouble staying in front of most PGs

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Does Bembry have the quickness to defend NBA PGs?

He has quick feet and moves them well on defense.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He has quick feet and moves them well on defense.

His length also will help make up for a speed mismatch.  Not sure whether he can do it or not but we've seen Scottie Pippen and others have tons of success guarding quicker PGs so I wouldn't rule it out.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Delaney looks pretty quick to me on offense and can get his own shot but he doesn't have a defensive skill set at all. Bud and guys have a defense project to work on right there. 

It's making the shots that is his other big problem.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Watchman said:

It's making the shots that is his other big problem.

Yeah, he started the year shooting ok but really all he's been bringing lately is an on and off again passing game.

Bembry is our Kyle Anderson aka slo mo. That's not a diss by the way it's a compliment. Every Spur-esque team needs a throwback player that isn't a modern day "cool" player but a total fundamental guy and that's Bembry. I like his style of play because he plays team ball, always looking for people on the court.

2 hours ago, AHF said:

His length also will help make up for a speed mismatch.  Not sure whether he can do it or not but we've seen Scottie Pippen and others have tons of success guarding quicker PGs so I wouldn't rule it out.

See Thabo re: guarding PGs.  Like you said not just speed but size and 'linth' Tougher for a PG  to see over defense.

12 hours ago, jrok23 said:

I just wanna know if Deandre just doesn't show up in practice or what but his d league action looks good. 

When you consider Kyle, Kent, Thabo, Timmy, and Tearuan are ahead of him, I don't think it's practice.  Just not enough minutes to go around. 

I bet Bembry could feed Dwight in the post.

Both of our rookies are more polished that Tim was last year and than Baze was the year before that.

Imagine what they could be with actual playing time.... Yet we are probably going to end up trading Bembry like we did Payne and Bebe

• Like 2