• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Reports Horford Not Happy With D12 Signing

ThomasCredle

Just got a Bleacher Report notification Al informed Hawks they will have a decision tonight so not long to wait now.

• Premium Member

Can't blame him for wanting that 5th year, myself.

First, if he's not going to play the money game by signing a 1+1, preferring the security of a long term deal, then you get all you can get, imo... and too, a 5th year says something beyond words about how the franchise values him. (Or, if not, then not.)

4 minutes ago, ThomasCredle said:

Hey that's what makes sports great we all get to watch and then someone gets to talk some friendly smack when they prove the other "dumb ass" wrong!

You make a lot of good points I hope for the Hawks sake my optimism proves right though.

I don't think any of us is wrong in the fact of how we feel but I think there is a higher fail rate than the norm but luckily, Sap was a top 20 player last year and one of the best analytic players in the NBA. He will get great offers his direction especially from teams like Sacramento and Denver who lack a very good player. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, ThomasCredle said:

Just got a Bleacher Report notification Al informed Hawks they will have a decision tonight so not long to wait now.

C-Viv just reported as much.... probably based on that B/R story (... not sure if that's a joke or not, actually).

So, sounds to me like there's some time here for Budcox to figure out what trades make the most sense.

Hard for me to believe that a guy who is reportedly so intent on maximizing this contract is going to turn down his best offer-- which almost certainly comes from us. But then, I can imagine Al also wants to know, if they're trading Sap, what's coming back in return so-as not to sign up with a team in even worse shape (in his opinion) than before this all began.

4 minutes ago, sturt said:

C-Viv just reported as much.... probably based on that B/R story (... not sure if that's a joke or not, actually).

So, sounds to me like there's some time here for Budcox to figure out what trades make the most sense.

Hard for me to believe that a guy who is reportedly so intent on maximizing this contract is going to turn down his best offer-- which almost certainly comes from us. But then, I can imagine Al also wants to know, if they're trading Sap, what's coming back in return so-as not to sign up with a team in even worse shape (in his opinion) than before this all began.

Yeah, I've been thinking a lot about that situation. Remember yesterday when Evan Thomas from Boston was saying he had been working out with Korver, and on Thursday Korver thought Al was going to resign with us, but then on Friday Korver got a text from Al and Thomas seemed to sense things "might" have changed? I wonder what the text and the phone call was really about.

My first thought is that Al was probably told by the Hawks the parameters of the possible trades lined up if he were to resign with ATL (meaning who would be traded out) and he wanted to talk to Kyle about it. It could be that Korver was one of the "traded out" players and Al wanted to talk to him about that; but more likely he wanted to talk to Kyle about what the remaining team would look like after the other players would get traded out if Al returned.

Something about telling Horford if we are trading Sap and what we would get back is wrong to me.

He can then bolt, and know that we almost traded Sap for him and for what. Sap wouldn't want to know that info, that we prefer Horford over him, I'm sure.

1 minute ago, RWF said:

Something about telling Horford if we are trading Sap and what we would get back is wrong to me.

He can then bolt, and know that we almost traded Sap for him and for what. Sap wouldn't want to know that info, that we prefer Horford over him, I'm sure.

I seriously doubt Sap is one of the players on the block in the first place. But for arguments sake, lets just say he is. If you're Horford then you want to know what the team is going to look like that you might be resigning with. Of course they are going to let him know the moves they could/would make in order to be able to afford him. Horford isn't going to resign here without knowing who his teammates are going to be.

I dont know what Al would do at the 4 full time, i think paul is a bit more athletic there and just as smart, love Al but i just dont know what he would look like there,  Paul has to get his 3 point shot better though if we lose AL that is huge, and Baze really has to get better.

2 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

I dont know what Al would do at the 4 full time, i think paul is a bit more athletic there and just as smart, love Al but i just dont know what he would look like there,  Paul has to get his 3 point shot better though if we lose AL that is huge, and Baze really has to get better.

Al would still play about 16 minutes per game at center, and the other 16 at PF. But it's not like those positions are much different in our offense. It's mainly just on defense and who you are guarding. Horford would be fine, and I'm sure he'd probably prefer not banging with the biggest opponent on the court for half of his night. I would assume Al would continue to work on his 3 point shot this offseason to help on the offensive end.

Much like I expect Sap will to do the same, especially if Horford resigns with us.

I think most people expect Baze to continue to keep getting better with the work in Hawks University.

• Like 1

Let him go. In fact, Al is the reason the Hawks are soft and are looked at as soft by the rest of the league and the referees.   Sap is the heart of the team and hasn't had anybody else to enforce with him.  That changes with Dwight.  Let Al walk:

BYE ALICE!  WE FOUND ANOTHER CENTER!

new-jack-city-o.gif

Edited by Hawkmoor