Reports Horford Not Happy With D12 Signing

ThomasCredle

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

That is debatable. Horford has hit 9 plus boards a game in five out of nine seasons.

What's more debatable is that if Millsap doesn't win enough games, he's likely leaving meaning we end up with nothing in 2017. Yes, Atlanta is going to really have to work the trades. 

While Boston is debatable since they have cash, Atlanta isn't. 

Right now, 

Wall

Beal

Porter

Morris

Horford 

is a better fit than

Dennis

Baze 

Sap

Horford

D12

Atlanta needs to find a great value for Millsap and of course, give him the 5 year max. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Sap-Dwight is even better as far as rebounding is concerned.

But is much worse at passing, taking care of the ball, and defending pick and rolls. 

Sap-Dwight is at best = Horford-Sap.

Our front court was very underrated last year and were the main strength of this team. Horford's rebounding numbers look very bad, especially in the playoffs, but it wasn't totally his fault since he was out in the wings trapping on Defense throughout the majority of the games. Howard's rebounding will go down this year also if we employ the same defensive scheme. 

Just now, NekiEcko said:

Like I was, what is so important about that fifth year that Al wants so much.  Shoot, even Dwight only went 3 years around the same amount he sign with the Rockets.

We did offer the 5th year from the report, just not enough money I would say. Atlanta is on the clock. This can go really bad in a matter of 8 hours. 

Lets be real here. Al is a really good player, not a great player. He has only 2 post moves down low and one of them comes with a hook everytime that could be called for an offensive foul. And he can hardly go to his left hand in a post-up if at all.   When he isnt in the paint (which was very rarely last season) he stands in one spot set-up to try and hit a jumper. I am a big fan of Al but if he wants to be drama filled after he has been all but begging to play the 4, let him walk. I see the Howard Millsap combo being much more efficient than the Howard Horf combo anyways.

• Like 2

Just now, Atlantaholic said:

But is much worse at passing, taking care of the ball, and defending pick and rolls. 

Sap-Dwight is at best = Horford-Sap.

Our front court was very underrated last year and were the main strength of this team. Horford's rebounding numbers look very bad, especially in the playoffs, but it wasn't totally his fault since he was out in the wings trapping on Defense throughout the majority of the games. Howard's rebounding will go down this year also if we employ the same defensive scheme. 

Not at all. Especially by the numbers. Horford is one of the best roster fits in the NBA. Howard isn't. For fans, I can see why you would say that not really understanding the nuisances of the game but there is a reason why teams are hot on Al and NOT on Howard. 

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Not at all. Especially by the numbers. Horford is one of the best roster fits in the NBA. Howard isn't. For fans, I can see why you would say that not really understanding the nuisances of the game but there is a reason why teams are hot on Al and NOT on Howard. 

I'm agreeing with you bra. lol

• Like 1

Just now, Atlantaholic said:

I'm agreeing with you bra. lol

I was speaking in general. As fans, I can see why many would say that. Heck, listen to the guys on ESPN but there is a reason why one is wanted and the other isn't. 

Just saw Woj reporting that Al has narrowed his choice to Wiz and Celtics on Dime.    Supposed to decide between them tonight.

23 minutes ago, sturt said:

Don't overlook the possibility that this is just posturing on Horf's agent's part, guys and gals.

I guess they're really trying to force the Hawks to offer Al the full 5 year max.

I find Boston and WAS to be weird choices. If anything if I was Al, following KD makes a lot more sense if he was to leave. 

2 minutes ago, ThomasCredle said:

Just saw Woj reporting that Al has narrowed his choice to Wiz and Celtics on Dime.    Supposed to decide between them tonight.

Woj, didn't say that. He said they are the frontrunners as things stand. 

Yea looks like Al is gone - and Some of yall were soooooooo fuking wrong being dicks to ppl for thier logic, yall need a whole thread to eat crow for that bullshit. - Also there are plenty good arguments out there without Al being here but we need a scorer, not sure how that could happen, either way how are we now saying Washington is a better fit with AL when all this talk all week why we will keep him and that its a forgone conclusion, its funny cuz first thing I saw this morning was all of this from hoops and nothing was posted here till WAAAAY later.  Nobody really wants to admit we may have shot ourselves in the foot here - big time.  This is quite a gamble, and Im sure not at all what the Hawks planned.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Right now, 

Wall

Beal

Porter

Morris

Horford 

is a better fit than

I don't see the Wizards as a better fit for Al than us. If he goes there, the whole front line, offensively and defensively, will fall on his shoulders. Same for Boston.

Horford has flourished and not been wore out with us because we have always given him someone along side to help with the heavy lifting, though not a true center, which is what he will have now. If he leaves for personal reasons, so be it. I like him and Howard together and most paying attention to the NBA do as well. It will be our loss and his loss if he goes to Boston or Washington IMO.

1 minute ago, HawkItus said:

Who do you think handles Tristan Thompson better? Dwight or Al

Who handles Whiteside better? Dwight or Al

In the Boston series how effective would D12 have been?

I would guess D12 handles most true post players better. Problem I have with your question is the sample size. At best D12 only saw both of these players twice a year.