• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Reports Horford Not Happy With D12 Signing

ThomasCredle

The only reason to go to Boston is if  Durant is heading  there, but  guess what.  He'll still be playing Center.

Washington just  doesn't make any sense.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

The only reason to go to Boston is if  Durant is heading  there, but  guess what.  He'll still be playing Center.

Washington just  doesn't make any sense.

Exactly! Why would you go to a team that we just beat in the playoffs and still be their center, or a team that DIDNT EVEN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR!!!! These reports are full of crap.

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, sturt said:

Don't overlook the possibility that this is just posturing on Horf's agent's part, guys and gals.

What's the endgame here?

IF he puts out there that He doesn't like the signing and we clear out the caproom to resign him, what's the new dynamic in the lockerroom?

Horford is a good player but not a great player.  Like I said before he will get max money from somewhere but he is not worth it nor should the Hawks give him a 5th year.  I would prefer to keep him but not at the expense of overpaying for him.  I was dissapointed in his play this year especially in the Cleveland series.  I don't think Howard is a great player so we better hope he stays healthy this year and somehow becomes a force again.

I just dont see why we made these moves if it wasnt setup to begin with - someone was lying.  and its going to look like Bud was.  you should have had trades setup before had while trying to do all of this, its too much of a gamble, if this doesnt work, this FO will be crucified. because its going to look like we replaced AL with Dwight,  none of that makes sense at all, he is a good fit ive read several articles of how well he could fit here with AL but as everyone here says AL is the engine to this system, sooooooo...... none of it adds up.

3 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

Horford is a good player but not a great player.  Like I said before he will get max money from somewhere but he is not worth it nor should the Hawks give him a 5th year.  I would prefer to keep him but not at the expense of overpaying for him.  I was dissapointed in his play this year especially in the Cleveland series.  I don't think Howard is a great player so we better hope he stays healthy this year and somehow becomes a force again.

Now, he's an excellent player. Don't hate on him. It's not going to make our future blighter. 

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Now, he's an excellent player. Don't hate on him. It's not going to make our future blighter. 

Neither is making him into something that he clearly is not.. We have had this argument so many times , I am seeing myself out of it

If we lose Sap to FA I agree this looks bad but I actually think Sap and D12 fit better than Al and D12.   Sap is better clutch scorer and has more offensive skills than Al.   He can stretch the floor just as well is a slightly better rebounder in my opinion.  Al has been a real disappointment in the playoffs.   Sap, D12, and Thabo are an elite defensive front court.   If Hardaway makes the same kind of jump in his second season Demarre and Bazemore did we will be good on the wing.   A solid back up PG and I think we are a better team on the glass and our D has never had a rim protector like D12 in recent years so I am still optimistic for next year..

Bud has a proven history of getting hidden gems too so a player we don't think much of know may be signed and surprise us all as well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

"We need changes to the team before I resign" 

*MAKES CHANGES*

"I'm not happy."

MAKE UP YOUR EFFING MIND! 

Funny, lol. But true.

8 minutes ago, ThomasCredle said:

If we lose Sap to FA I agree this looks bad but I actually think Sap and D12 fit better than Al and D12.   Sap is better clutch scorer and has more offensive skills than Al.   He can stretch the floor just as well is a slightly better rebounder in my opinion.  Al has been a real disappointment in the playoffs.   Sap, D12, and Thabo are an elite defensive front court.   If Hardaway makes the same kind of jump in his second season Demarre and Bazemore did we will be good on the wing.   A solid back up PG and I think we are a better team on the glass and our D has never had a rim protector like D12 in recent years so I am still optimistic for next year..

Bud has a proven history of getting hidden gems too so a player we don't think much of know may be signed and surprise us all as well.

Mo Harkless please

image.jpeg

• Like 1

I think the biggets lose going to D12 from all is the passing and motion.   Hopefully Howard shows he can do those.   He was playing with ISO Kobe and ISO Hardin for the past few years so maybe he will surprise us and does the things better.    I think his pick and roll with Dennis is going to be deadly as well.

Also, if we are not dumping salary to sign Al Tiago is really good at those things so if he stays healthy he can work with D12 and provide good minutes.

Almost everyone said we needed to get bigger, better on the glass and more physical I think we will be that this year

14 minutes ago, ThomasCredle said:

While I completely disagree on your take on Millsap who is a horrible clutch scorer and doesn't do as much on offense as Al although he is a better scorer and a more consistent scorer, I will say that it's an extreme risk to go into next year knowing you got to contend to resign Millsap and you lack depth, Backcourt size and agility. Like I said, I know you guys remember Dwight in Orlando so it seems like he's the best player but he's NOT that player right now and you are going to be shock at Millsap's defense. He will still be good and better than most but he's not going to have the impact without Al's communication skills when D12 has never been known for communication skills and believe me, teams have tried. Once again, you are free to make this what you want but there is the reality of this failing far more than succeeding. 

Edited by NBASupes

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

While I completely disagree, I will say that it's an extreme risk to go into next year knowing you got to contend to resign Millsap and you lack depth, Backcourt size and agility. Like I said, I know you guys remember Dwight in Orlando so it seems like he's the best player but he's that player and you are going to be shock at Millsap's defense. He will still be good and better than most but he's not going to have the impact without Al's communication skills when D12 has never been known for communication skills and believe me, teams have tried. Once again, you are free to make this what you want but there is the reality of this failing far more than succeeding. 

Hey that's what makes sports great we all get to watch and then someone gets to talk some friendly smack when they prove the other "dumb ass" wrong!

You make a lot of good points I hope for the Hawks sake my optimism proves right though.