• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Reports Horford Not Happy With D12 Signing

ThomasCredle

Peachtree Hoops is reporting Al was not happy with Howard signing. Interesting if true as I have always heard he asked to have a true center to play beside so he can move to the 4. If it's true that may seal the deal on his exit. Wonder if it is a personal issue with Howard do they have past issues I'm unaware. Their source is Zach Klien don't know if he is reliable or not

Edited by ThomasCredle

That is what is trouble me about it, he been asking for a center for a long time and all of the other FA choices out there doesn't mesh with this group.  I know that Dwight isn't the greatest person in the world but you have to take a chances like the Spurs and other successful teams with troubled players to get to a championship team.

Atlanta is doing everything they can to get a great deal for him but if he doesn't, then thanks Al for the memories.

• Like 1

He's mad because he isn't likely to get the offer he wanted from the Hawks.  They threw money at Howard and Bazemore and now don't have funds to toss Al's way.  That angers him.  

He has been begging for us to sign a center for 5 or 6 seasons now. Horford needs to grow up if its personal with Howard. If either of our two rookies blow up, D12, Horford, insert Small Forward could easily make up the best rebounding front line in the East.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This makes no sense.  I'm sure the  Hawks  would have laid out the plan to Horford  as part of their due diligence.

I can see that, Hawks wouldn't make any moves without letting Al know what is going on.  I know that he might have problem with Dwight but he could work out with him and help him to be a better player.  I respect Al but this right here, isn't him at all.

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

He has been begging for us to sign a center for 5 or 6 seasons now. Horford needs to grow up if its personal with Howard. If either of our two rookies blow up, D12, Horford, insert Small Forward could easily make up the best rebounding front line in the East.

Sap-Dwight is even better as far as rebounding is concerned.

Just now, GameTime said:

Sap-Dwight is even better as far as rebounding is concerned.

That is debatable. Horford has hit 9 plus boards a game in five out of nine seasons.

• Premium Member

I feel compelled to repeat... don't dismiss everything you ever thought you knew about Al Horford, and don't be surprised if this is the desperate move of an agent making one last gasp for a 5th year.

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

I feel compelled to repeat... don't dismiss everything you ever thought you knew about Al Horford, and don't be surprised if this is the desperate move of an agent making one last gasp for a 5th year.

Like I was, what is so important about that fifth year that Al wants so much.  Shoot, even Dwight only went 3 years around the same amount he sign with the Rockets.