Thank you Horford

TheNorthCydeRises

Thank you for the most successful 9 years in the history of Atlanta Hawks basketball.  When you arrived in 2007, you were the final piece to a young team that would finally put us into playoff position.  You solidified the center position for us and really brought extreme athleticism and versatility to the position.

After JJ left, I latched onto you as my favorite Hawk.  And for the most part, you gave it your all.  Despite what others may say about you in the heat of the moment right now, I thank you for doing this ...

No other person who has put on a Hawk uniform in Atlanta, can say that they made the game winning play to put us in the Eastern Conference Finals

Not Pistol Pete.  Not Lou Hudson.  Not Dominique.  Not Smitty. Not Dikembe.  Not Joe Johnson.  And not Josh Smith.

YOU made that play.  The biggest play in Atlanta Hawk history.  And for that, I thank you.

A few fickle fans at Philips may boo you on your return, but I will at least give you a standing ovation in your first game back.

After that, you become the enemy ... and rightfully so.  It won't be any hard feelings though.

I hope you have a wonderful season in Boston next year.  

See you in the Eastern Conference Finals.  Dennis, Dwight, Baze, and Trillsap will be ready.

Thanks man.

• Like 3

OK very true but the Celtics to the Hawks is very much like the Saints to the Falcons. The phrase good old fashion hate comes to mind and the seriously competitive history is even longer. Just total pain.  

It ain't that serious to have ill feelings toward him.  He was one of my favorite players throughout the entire league in his first 8 years, this with no standout physical tools. I can throw out last year when he played like Candace Parker.

Edited by benhillboy

19 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

It ain't that serious to have ill feelings toward him.  He was one of my favorite players throughout the entire league in his first 8 years, this with no standout physical tools. I can throw out last year when he played like Candace Parker.

That's an insult to Candace Parker.

• Like 4

Fake outrage from the same fans who were throwing him under the bus during the Cleveland series.  Called him soft and weak.  Not worthy of the max.  Wanted him gone.  Etc.

Now that he went to Boston, yall are mad and butthurt?  LOL.

Give that man his props. He decided to move on to a fan base that will celebrate him unconditionally, when he plays well.

Hopefully Dwight will sell more tickets and bring us more success than Horford did.  But I'm not mad at Al.

Here's a preview of what is to come next season.

LET'S GO !

• Like 1