• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So long and thanks for all the fish to Hawksfanatic

Admin

1 hour ago, Dolfan23 said:

Ladies and Gents he is gone. He went out Sopranos style with the fade to black and his account his 100% gone, deleted, and unrecoverable. 

Did he need to hide those pages and pages of mature and respectful debate from a new employer or something? Did you kill him? Was he Al Horford this whole time? I'm confused.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

In all seriousness.... well, in most seriousness anyway...

This seems so strange on the surface. I think all of us have taken a leave of absence on occasion from the board, whether intentional or just life getting in the way. And while we're not all personal friends, we are still friends in a quite empirical way. I don't get the point of a decisive divorce, to the extent of obliterating all history and his account, and the natural inclination is to think there was some disagreement that led to it. But my more hopeful side, benefit of a doubt, says maybe that's not it at all... that, rather, this is a matter of a big life change occurring that demands his total attention to be given to other more important things, and he's determined that his love of the Hawks and his participation on this board (and on Peachtree) became too much. God knows, when you read one of his articles, the thought had to occur for most of us.... "Dang.... this not only took a lot of time to write.... it took a lot of time to think through it in order to be able to write." God also knows, as much as it is a downer that the Hawks can't sniff a championship, this is in fact only a consumer entertainment choice that we all make to invest ourselves in, and it probably could stand to occupy a whole lot less of my/our time than it does... so, if that's something close to what is prompting fanatic to cut the rope, I say, congrats to you that you took the bull by the horns and made what had to be a hard decision in light of achieving something better for your life, fanatic.

==============

Edit: (In my best Rosanne Rosannadanna voice... )

Oh. He's just backing off of posting here? He's not retiring from Hawk-dom?

Nev-errrrr-mind.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, High5 said:

Did he need to hide those pages and pages of mature and respectful debate from a new employer or something? Did you kill him? Was he Al Horford this whole time? I'm confused.

Now I have been mind fckd.. Wow

6 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

He knew his salary stuff. Nobody can doubt that, but aside from that... I hated his guts.

I can't say that about anyone else even though I butt heads with so many posters.

Screw you hippie! (do I make the list now?)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

He knew his salary stuff. Nobody can doubt that, but aside from that... I hated his guts.

I can't say that about anyone else even though I butt heads with so many posters.

Love the honesty @Hotlanta1981

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@Dolfan23 I  see you are aleady hard at work adding D12 to the banner. Love it - Merging the Hawk and Superman logo, sweet.

Ya that banner is pimp but it's getting in the way of my notifications...u know, my tinker bell I check every 5 minutes to see who liked my posts, quoted my posts, or was just tryin to be a d*ck to me..lol...Dwight's bi's n tri's are gettin in the way! Lol

14 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ya that banner is pimp but it's getting in the way of my notifications...u know, my tinker bell I check every 5 minutes to see who liked my posts, quoted my posts, or was just tryin to be a d*ck to me..lol...Dwight's bi's n tri's are gettin in the way! Lol

Yeah, the new content button also not working.  I guess he's messing with the site.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I just had a horrible thought....please don't let @lethalweapon3 be next. Sip, sip....pay him.the max.

I've always thought that lethalweapon was Sekou Smith.  His articles and info is too good for just an average Joe to pull off.  Or maybe lethal is just that talented, without the media credentials.

• Like 3

Well, well, well so my dawg HF clearly ran afoul of his nemesis @AHF and got permabannt ...

the dude stirs

"You don't say ..."  This is how I always pictured HF so I went with the Lebowski theme.

Ah well, I guess we'll always have the remembries you purple 'n orange-clad b*stard.  

Walter No

I know, I know, this is a crappy time to be having to deal with losing one of our favorite posters.  I'm sure he'll be into bigger, better thangs.  Trailer park always needs somebody to hose down the drunks and tend to the family goat(s).

Fare the well, HF and don't worry 'bout us.  Handle yo' bidness.  As far as the rest we'll just have to ...

Lebowski Deal

Boom.

Consider this your HOF induction speech.

33 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yeah, the new content button also not working.  I guess he's messing with the site.

It should be fixed now. Glad y'all like it. About time we get to put Dwight up in our banner without it being for clowning him. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Well, well, well so my dawg HF clearly ran afoul of his nemesis @AHF and got permabannt ...

the dude stirs

"You don't say ..."  This is how I always pictured HF so I went with the Lebowski theme.

Ah well, I guess we'll always have the remembries you purple 'n orange-clad b*stard.  

Walter No

I know, I know, this is a crappy time to be having to deal with losing one of our favorite posters.  I'm sure he'll be into bigger, better thangs.  Trailer park always needs somebody to hose down the drunks and tend to the family goat(s).

Fare the well, HF and don't worry 'bout us.  Handle yo' bidness.  As far as the rest we'll just have to ...

Lebowski Deal

Boom.

Consider this your HOF induction speech.

Ok kg...u can only use Lebowski if UVE WATCHED IT!!! Just watch it damnit ull love it! Fascist!