• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is this our 2016-17 Roster?

PG: Schröder/Delaney/Patterson

SG: Korver/Hardaway/Bembry

SF: Bazemore/Sefalosha/Prince

PF: Millsap/Scott/Muscala

C: Howard/Splitter/Edy

1. I don't think this is it? I smell a trade? There's something about this lineup that makes be unsettled.  

2. Does anyone think Prince can start right away? If so Baze moves to SG, Prince at SF, Korver to the bench. (I would love this)

3. Is there another C in FAcy left we can get who's better than Splitter for his salary plus our capspace ($11 mil). Or would a team like Denver that has a plethora of young bigs trade one for Splitter for his experience  (they're going after Wade, so this is the time of year when most teams want to make the playoffs).  

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

1. I don't think this is it? I smell a trade? There's something about this lineup that makes be unsettled.  

2. Does anyone think Prince can start right away? If so Baze moves to SG, Prince at SF, Korver to the bench. (I would love this)

3. Is there another C in FAcy left we can get who's better than Splitter for his salary plus our capspace ($11 mil). Or would a team like Denver that has a plethora of young bigs trade one for Splitter for his experience  (they're going after Wade, so this is the time of year when most teams want to make the playoffs).  

1. As much as I would dislike this, I could see Thabo and Splitter being traded for a BU point. I really want to keep Thabo though. 

2. I think Prince has the ability. That is one of the benefits of drafting a 4 year senior from college. Specially one with as much passion and confidence as him.

3. I honestly think Speights should get a look from us. I watched a ton of Warrior games (unfortunately) and this guy would be a perfect compliment to Dwight in that their games are polar opposites. We can have a (#15 from our squad last year not gonna say his name) lite. Plus, he could also be a fan favorite. Or take a look at our old fan fav, Zaur(better known as Zaza Stallone) Pachulia.

• Premium Member

Honestly, can't see us guaranteeing Scott for the season unless there have been behind-closed-doors conversations that allow Budcox 100% confidence that his trial date will be this time next year, and that the league office isn't going to step in any earlier than that.

Honestly, can't see us keeping Patterson. I love the player, and I'm suspicious that his 2015-16 arc shot % is a one-off. But Bembry is a younger, higher ceiling player with much the same skill set.

Of course, both of those, then, represent trade bait to my mind.

I see us churning up a back-up PF.... seems Humphries almost has to be in-play on that front. Conceivable that we'd stick with those 14, and hold open the possibility that some unsigned combo forward emerges as a star in Summer League, or that somehow someone gets overlooked in FA, and we can get a bargain.

=====

Edit:

Re: PG.... I am one of those who think Devaney goes into the season as our #2, and that Bembry is the #3. However, if not Bembry as the #3, it bears mention that we signed Bryce Cotton to our SL squad.

5 minutes ago, sturt said:

Honestly, can't see us guaranteeing Scott for the season unless there have been behind-closed-doors conversations that allow Budcox 100% confidence that his trial date will be this time next year, and that the league office isn't going to step in any earlier than that.

Honestly, can't see us keeping Patterson. I love the player, and I'm suspicious that his 2015-16 arc shot % is a one-off. But Bembry is a younger, higher ceiling player with much the same skill set.

I see us churning up a back-up PF.... seems Humphries almost has to be in-play on that front. Conceivable that we'd stick with those 14, and hold open the possibility that some unsigned combo forward emerges as a star in Summer League, or that somehow someone gets overlooked in FA, and we can get a bargain.

=====

Edit:

Re: PG.... I am one of those who think Devaney goes into the season as our #2, and that Bembry is the #3. However, if not Bembry as the #3, it bears mention that we signed Bryce Cotton to our SL squad.

Hmmm...on the pg part I have to respectfully disagree. I think we need a veteran point guard to backup Dennis. This is a point guard driven league and as much as Devaney is an all Euro team player, he would still need a bit of time before being #2. Just my opinion. I do think Devaney will be good though.

36 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I hope this isn't it.  I'm so ready to cut bait on Patterson, Scott, and Muscala (unfortunately that won't happen now).

Maybe?:

Dennis, Delaney, ?

Baze, Korver, Bembry

Sef or THJ (depending on match up), Prince

Sap, ?, Muscala

D12, Splitter, Edy

Bring back Humph or another serviceable PF/C to drop Mike down, and a PG.

I don't like Baze at SF. And for as much as every one is itching to get rid of Splitter, I think he's a great BU C on what's now a very reasonable contract. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sturt said:

=====

Edit:

Word on the street is he will get probation and a fine due to his clean record and community work.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

Word on the street is he will get probation and a fine due to his clean record and community work.

Doesn't matter. ANY conviction on the Molly charge, per the CBA, mandates a 2 year exile.

Very top heavy roster and its not strong in that regard either.  Zero depth especially when you consider who or what will score points off the bench.  The backup frontline is absolutely hideous.  That team as is would still be in the running for the playoffs, but isn't gonna win a series.  

43 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

Interesting 

33 minutes ago, sturt said:

Doesn't matter. ANY conviction on the Molly charge, per the CBA, mandates a 2 year exile.

Unless the charges are significantly reduced?

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

Hmmm...on the pg part I have to respectfully disagree. I think we need a veteran point guard to backup Dennis. This is a point guard driven league and as much as Devaney is an all Euro team player, he would still need a bit of time before being #2. Just my opinion. I do think Devaney will be good though.

Interesting ....

jason terry said during his interview with Dwight on NBA radio last week that he will be paying extra close attention to where Howard ends up. Said he loved playing with Howard in Houston. Maybe budcox goes after him.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, willthepureshooter said:

Probably followed by an NBA suspension at the beginning of the season. Hopefully this happens so we can keep him.

• Like 1

hace 24 minutos, REHawksFan dijo:

I'd  go with :

Dennis / Delaney

Baze / KK / THj

Prince / Thabo

SAP / HUMP / Moose

D12 / Splitter / Edy

I'd love to swap out Tiago, moose, and Scott for better pieces but not sure who right now. 

I would go with Jordan Hill and a 3 like Mo Harkless or Gerald Green as Barnes has already signed with Sacramento, I thought he was the best fit. I would trade both Splitter and Scott for a shot at Jordan Hill, specially with Dwight on danger of missing some games and Thabo and/or Korver for Harkless, hope we can sign Green for 4M $ a year. Hill should not require more than 6M$ a year, if more stay the same

Posted this in another thread, but seems more appropriate here.

I think Patterson staying on the roster is a pretty safe bet. He's cheap, he knows our schemes, and he'll probably be our backup PG until/if Delaney learns our schemes and proves he can play defense and belongs on an NBA court. Unless Jack takes a very small contract, I think we're probably done on the PG hunt.

Scott is the wildcard, it all depends on if the team knows if he's going to be available for the season or not. If there is credible doubt about his availability, we should know by Sunday when his contract becomes fully guaranteed for the season. If he's still on the roster Monday, that means the Hawks think he's in the clear for the 2016-17 season.

If Scott gets waived though, I would hope we could bring Humph back. But he has at least 8 other teams chasing him from what I've read.

• Schröder / Patterson / Delaney
  • Bazemore / Hardaway / Bembry
  • Korver / Thabo / Prince
  • Millsap / Scott / Muscala
  • Howard / Splitter / Tavares

I know many here will disagree, but I feel confident that roster should be competing for the #2 seed in the East behind Cleveland. I feel that is a better roster than last season, which includes the following reasons (these aren't the only reasons):

• Howard will be hungry and will be an upgrade over what softy Whoreford gave us last year. We will lose some skills in the swap, but gain others. It really comes down to staying healthy most of the season though. That is the big risk, not his playing ability.
  •  
  • I don't think losing Teague is as big a deal as some. He was weak willed far too often, much like Whoreford. We will miss having a great 2 deep PG rotation, but we'll also not have to witness the double PG's on the court nonsense anymore. And turning the keys over to Dennis should speed up his development - he's still a young guy that hasn't reached his ceiling yet. Can't wait to watch him play more minutes with the starters instead of being the scoring sparkplug off the bench. (Delaney was probably brought here to replace Dennis in that role, eventually).
  •  
  • Korver and Thabo both have full offseasons to workout this year, unlike last season recovering from inuries. I do think Korver is best suited for a backup role at his age, but whether that is the case or not we should still see a return closer to the 2014 Korver than what we saw from him last season. Thabo has an offseason to put some work in on his shooting. They should both be better than their 2015 versions.
  •  
  • Hawks University - people discount this too much around here. Every year our players get better, excluding Whoreford (but even he improved his longrange shot). I see people focus too much on player X that we lost and didn't replace, and think that automatically means we are a worse roster without acknowleding the remaining players are going to be improved from last season. We all know about DMC and Baze, but look at someone like Mike Scott. He's gone from being a streaky shooter that gave us nothing if he wasn't hot, to being an actually decently well rounded guy that can give us solid minutes even when his shot isn't falling. Players like Korver and Thabo don't have much room to improve anymore. But we have a lot of young players on this roster that will continue to make big jumps for the next several years. Bazemore, Hardaway, Patterson, Schröder, Tavaries, and now Prince and Bembry. Players like Scott and Muscala should be reaching close to their potential and are in make-or-break seasons - but are also going into the final years of their contracts.
  •  
  • Splitter - I'm kind of shocked to see everyone give up on him so quickly and want to see him traded. Yes, he was injured last year which makes everyone forget about him. And yes, it took him a little time to start the season before he found his groove with his new team. But before he got hurt, he seemed to be doing just that - he was playing well for us. Some seem to forget that his $8.5m salary was considered a bargain for a player of his quality, and that was BEFORE the crazy contracts that have been given out this season. If he can return healthy, and there is little reason to think he can't, then he is still one of the best backup centers in the NBA that has obviously started for the championship winning Spurs before. This is crazy talk to think about shipping him out unless Bud feels Tavares is ready to be the backu center - which I doubt he does. If Splitter were on the market right now, he'd probably be looking at a $15+ million payday.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, swolehawk2 said:

Well, if you do that... You're team is reduced to a roster full of role players and Dwight.

I don't see a headcase like Howard being happy with that for very long.

Edited by Hotlanta1981