• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is this our 2016-17 Roster?

they would need to offer some type of lottery pick as well then again, i really dont want to lose millsap for nothing next year which seems will be the case,

ideally - we somehow turn around dwight and mask his bullshit and trade both him and millsap at the deadline for fking ransom of young players and picks

Barring any further trades/movement, my guess as '16-'17 starters:

Shredder

(all about dat) Baze

3zus

Sap

D12

Hopefully as the season wears on:

Shredder

(all about dat) Baze

(player formerly known as) Prince

Sap

D12

With 3zus winning 6MOTY at SG...

On 7/4/2016 at 9:16 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

PG: Schröder/Delaney/Patterson

SG: Korver/Hardaway/Bembry

SF: Bazemore/Sefalosha/Prince

PF: Millsap/Scott/Muscala

C: Howard/Splitter/Edy

1. I don't think this is it? I smell a trade? There's something about this lineup that makes be unsettled.  

2. Does anyone think Prince can start right away? If so Baze moves to SG, Prince at SF, Korver to the bench. (I would love this)

3. Is there another C in FAcy left we can get who's better than Splitter for his salary plus our capspace ($11 mil). Or would a team like Denver that has a plethora of young bigs trade one for Splitter for his experience  (they're going after Wade, so this is the time of year when most teams want to make the playoffs).  

1. Need a vet at backup PG, a better backup PF and C.

2. No, Hawks need his spacing in the starting lineup.

3. I doubt it. Not too many teams have cap space now plus Bud is stubborn. I wish Bud would use the stretch provision on him and resign Hump but supposedly 8-10 teams are interested in him so he may be out of ATL's price range.

On 7/4/2016 at 9:37 AM, sturt said:

Honestly, can't see us guaranteeing Scott for the season unless there have been behind-closed-doors conversations that allow Budcox 100% confidence that his trial date will be this time next year, and that the league office isn't going to step in any earlier than that.

Honestly, can't see us keeping Patterson. I love the player, and I'm suspicious that his 2015-16 arc shot % is a one-off. But Bembry is a younger, higher ceiling player with much the same skill set.

Of course, both of those, then, represent trade bait to my mind.

I see us churning up a back-up PF.... seems Humphries almost has to be in-play on that front. Conceivable that we'd stick with those 14, and hold open the possibility that some unsigned combo forward emerges as a star in Summer League, or that somehow someone gets overlooked in FA, and we can get a bargain.

=====

Edit:

Re: PG.... I am one of those who think Devaney goes into the season as our #2, and that Bembry is the #3. However, if not Bembry as the #3, it bears mention that we signed Bryce Cotton to our SL squad.

Yeah, Scott got to go. He's awful on defense. I agree about Patterson.

I'd like Donald Sloan at backup PG and Terrence Jones at backup PF. Jones played with Dwight and got a 3 & D skillset.

On 4/7/2016 at 15:16, JayBirdHawk dijo:

PG: Schröder/Delaney/Patterson

SG: Korver/Hardaway/Bembry

SF: Bazemore/Sefalosha/Prince

PF: Millsap/Scott/Muscala

C: Howard/Splitter/Edy

1. I don't think this is it? I smell a trade? There's something about this lineup that makes be unsettled.  

2. Does anyone think Prince can start right away? If so Baze moves to SG, Prince at SF, Korver to the bench. (I would love this)

3. Is there another C in FAcy left we can get who's better than Splitter for his salary plus our capspace ($11 mil). Or would a team like Denver that has a plethora of young bigs trade one for Splitter for his experience  (they're going after Wade, so this is the time of year when most teams want to make the playoffs).  

1. I would love to think we are not done but think we are done for this season.... Backup Center and PF are weak and we lack a starting SF

2. I think that is the option we have, start Prince. Korver at Sg and Baze at SF are not going to get it done.

3. Yes for me, Jordan Hill, cheaper than Tiago and if we trade him we could upgrade PF and SF with Green or Harkless and Humph

22 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

1. I would love to think we are not done but think we are done for this season.... Backup Center and PF are weak and we lack a starting SF

2. I think that is the option we have, start Prince. Korver at Sg and Baze at SF are not going to get it done.

3. Yes for me, Jordan Hill, cheaper than Tiago and if we trade him we could upgrade PF and SF with Green or Harkless and Humph

Jordan Hill is no better than Thiago, nor healthier. Not sure why everyone is so enamored with Jordan Hill around here. 

7 minutes ago, DS5 said:

Jordan Hill is no better than Thiago, nor healthier. Not sure why everyone is so enamored with Jordan Hill around here. 

Yeah in the Cviv thread it said we'll probably trade for a point guard so maybe we can arrange to bring back Humph by losing Scott and using our two million in cap we still have. Agree about Hill plus the fact he would be another player new to the system. We already have four new faces now and counting.

6 minutes ago, DS5 said:

I wanted Jordan Hill 3/4 years ago, today - pass.

What about Terrance Jones? Is he better than Scott? How is his defense?

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Yeah in the Cviv thread it said we'll probably trade for a point guard so maybe we can arrange to bring back Humph by losing Scott and using our two million in cap we still have. Agree about Hill plus the fact he would be another player new to the system. We already have four new faces now and counting.

I'd take Hump over Scott and Jordan Hill, but I think he'll get somewhere in the $10 mil range or more.

1 minute ago, DS5 said:

I'd take Hump over Scott and Jordan Hill, but I think he'll get somewhere in the $10 mil range or more.

Wow. That won't work for us at all.

On 7/4/2016 at 1:02 PM, REHawksFan said:

I'd  go with :

Dennis / Delaney

Baze / KK / THj

Prince / Thabo

SAP / HUMP / Moose

D12 / Splitter / Edy

I'd love to swap out Tiago, moose, and Scott for better pieces but not sure who right now. 

Yall sleeping on Bembry imo..I see THJ/Splitter being involved in some sort of trade..

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

Yeah, Scott got to go. He's awful on defense. I agree about Patterson.

I'd like Donald Sloan at backup PG and Terrence Jones at backup PF. Jones played with Dwight and got a 3 & D skillset.

Fwiw, Scott's defense was much improved this season. And at $3.3m, you're just not going to find a much better value this season. I wish there was some way around the problem, but one that doesn't make a mockery of the rule of law and the rule of the CBA.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sturt said:

Fwiw, Scott's defense was much improved this season. And at $3.3m, you're just not going to find a much better value this season. I wish there was some way around the problem, but one that doesn't make a mockery of the rule of law and the rule of the CBA.

After seeing him getting lit up by Love and Jerebko during the playoffs, he got to go. They can Terrance Jones to replace him. He played with Dwight and got a 3 & D skill set.

Edited by BigDog90

• Premium Member

Kicked the tires on Jones many moons ago myself, but in light of how many opportunities to start that HOU gave him, and that he never could hold down the job, in hindsight I was glad I wasn't the GM.  I feel like he truly could be a left-handed version of Al Harrington except he's just too heavy. Coming out of high school he was Harrington-sized, but ballooned while at UK by about 30 lbs. That's a LOT of beer. Or pizza. Or something. I wouldn't be upset to see us give him a shot, but I'd be investing faith that Budcox had done their homework and concluded he's ready to turn the page and fulfill his potential.

• Premium Member

I hesitate to post this because even knocking on wood, when I do it, only seems to hasten disappointment.... but it's no secret around here that I've had a mancrush on Allen Crabbe for a couple of weeks. I have no clue how it could possibly get done, and there's an argument that says with Baze in the fold, we have a lot less motive to pursue him.... but as I've said a couple of times now.... this guy's trajectory from season 1 to 2, and then from 2 to 3 is indicative of some pretty significant things. At first it was rumored that the Nets were offering him, and that probably is still just a matter of when, not if.