• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Budcox should learn from Warriors building strategy.

Dimesadozen

8 minutes ago, Afro said:

Does anybody say pierce/Garnett/Allen get an asterisk? 

They did not team up voluntarily.  The  traded for both Ray and KG, they weren't clamering to leave their  teams.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Afro said:

Does anybody say pierce/Garnett/Allen get an asterisk? 

Pierce was already there. Garnett arrived via trade, as did Allen.

Had Garnett, in particular, arrived in BOS via FA, you'd have a point.

53 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Because we want impact players like everyone else. No one wants old Dwight Howard and old Tracy McGrady's. We want the prime versions. 

You just compared Tracy Mcgrady's time with the Hawks to dwights. Dumb!!

• Like 2

TANK!  TANK!  TANK!

Let's get something straight in our thinking right now.  Not every SUPER STAR was drafted

as the #1 choice in that year's class of prospects.  Also, some players that were passed over

until the second round have had  some pretty good careers.

Sure, the closer to the 1st pick you are the better your chances of choosing THAT GREAT ONE

becomes.  However, there is no guarantees.

What I'm saying is, you must draft wisely, regardless of where you are.  Remember, in the 2015 draft,

all the top five picks were said to guarantee their team that picked them the championship!  Strange.

I don't believe either of them went to Golden State or Cleveland.

M. Jordan wasn't #1 that year and Millsap lasted until round #2  in his year.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Cleveland and Golden State are going to own the league for the next 5 years.

Setting aside the point that there is always the next superstar waiting in the wings, and that Durant's contract is pretty dang short...

I believe that's what they said about MIA's fortunes.

How'd that turn out. Didn't quite turn out as designed. Life has a way of getting in the way of this kind of thing.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Or a star

Or good 

Or an positive impact in any sense. 

I know u hate dwight but I think you will be singing a different tune IF dwight regains some of his old form. Just enjoy the show dennis is going to put on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sturt said:

Setting aside the point that there is always the next superstar waiting in the wings, and that Durant's contract is pretty dang short...

I believe that's what they said about MIA's fortunes.

How'd that turn out. Didn't quite turn out as designed. Life has a way of getting in the way of this kind of thing.

Like in Jurassic Park. "Nature finds a way." I hope this is indeed the case.

Golden State isn't winning anything next year.  Because you know which guy is going to be looked upon to take a lesser role?

This guy

th?&id=OIP.M7114716309e5b80557d6ae02c56b

And when he starts to get frustrated with his role, he'll mess up the chemistry of the Warriors.  He's still the defacto leader of that team.  And once he gets pissed off, you'll see chinks in the Golden State golden armor.

So when Dwight Proves he is capable of being his old self in our system??? Dwight had to deal with the frustration of not being involved with the Lakers and Rockets. Sometimes with players it's all about the fit. Watch what Dwight can do with a spread offense and team basketball barring injury.

• Like 1

I'm so tired of people complaining about being mediocre yet being scared of change. People complaining about not getting a star and than complaing once they come. Dwight has always beasted Horford and is still arguably one of the best C's in the league when he is on his game yet people still complain. If we got Durant people would find some reason to complain smh... Until we learn as fans to not only appreciate what we have and/or trust the process of change we won't get superstars on our squad. Who would want fans like us? The Sacramento Kings have better fans than us. Let's worry about us 1st before we complain about a new product we haven't even seen play on the court for us yet. We know what Dwight is capable of Rebounds/Dunks/Defense. Just so happens to be key things we needed most. Let's say what he's not after he proves that. You can't compare him on our team and him on a Lakes Kobe/Pau or a Rockets(no defense James Harden) compared to our team ball alla Magic ish squad. Some players are better fits in different systems. He didn't lose much of what he had he just had to play in a different system which tells me we still have a star on our hands. Only thing I'm worried about is his free throws lol

54 minutes ago, sturt said:

Not mad at any team. Not actually "mad" at any player.... more likely disgusted. No specific malice, so much as the same reaction as when you're driving in the country, and you come upon the unmistakably foul odor of a pig farm up ahead.

I just think LeBron and Durant both get asterisks beside their names for the championships they've won. What KD and LBJ before him did is not a legitimate claim to a championship ring. They've taken advantage and made a mockery of the process. It's wrong.

Lol People are literally  giving them a ring before it's won. Last I checked rings are won on the court. Last I checked they still play 82 games where chemistry,health/injury, mid year trades, match ups and many other situations have been factors. Can we atleast let the season play out 1st lol

44 minutes ago, sillent said:

I'm so tired of people complaining about being mediocre yet being scared of change. People complaining about not getting a star and than complaing once they come. Dwight has always beasted Horford and is still arguably one of the best C's in the league when he is on his game yet people still complain. If we got Durant people would find some reason to complain smh... Until we learn as fans to not only appreciate what we have and/or trust the process of change we won't get superstars on our squad. Who would want fans like us? The Sacramento Kings have better fans than us. Let's worry about us 1st before we complain about a new product we haven't even seen play on the court for us yet. We know what Dwight is capable of Rebounds/Dunks/Defense. Just so happens to be key things we needed most. Let's say what he's not after he proves that. You can't compare him on our team and him on a Lakes Kobe/Pau or a Rockets(no defense James Harden) compared to our team ball alla Magic ish squad. Some players are better fits in different systems. He didn't lose much of what he had he just had to play in a different system which tells me we still have a star on our hands. Only thing I'm worried about is his free throws lol

Unless Dwight Howard becomes a legit #1 option,  this team will reap the same results. You don't have to see the season play out to know that.

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, sillent said:

Lol People are literally  giving them a ring before it's won. Last I checked rings are won on the court. Last I checked they still play 82 games where chemistry,health/injury, mid year trades, match ups and many other situations have been factors. Can we atleast let the season play out 1st lol

I might have worded it better, but just rushed to make the point.... yes... you're right.... IF Durant wins a ring, it will get the same asterisk beside it in many minds including my own that LBJ's w/ MIA and w/ CLE has.

Oh.... I should have said.... if Durant wins a ring with GSW... don't want any misunderstandings as to what my larger point is for the lack of clarity on the details.

• Like 1

All I know is the Highlight Factory is Back!

4 minutes ago, Guard said:

Unless Dwight Howard becomes a legit #1 option,  this team will reap the same results. You don't have to see the season play out to know that.

All I know is the Highlight Factory is back!!! More Explosiveness, More Exciting, More Fans, Better Performance Overall. I can see Schröder showing the passing display he had when he was being called the second coming of Rondo. Paul playing out of his mind but not burning himself out come playoff time. Korvers shot coming back and Bazemore putting up All Star worthy performances while Dwight cleans up on offense and defense. Not to mention with the new rookies, vets like Thabo, Mike Scott(funny calling him that),Tim Hardaway Jr. and company we still are a pretty deep and well balanced team.