• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jarrett Jack to Hawks

Misha Owens

11 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I'm happy with our lineup.   I don't know how the Sf will happen, but we have good vets and up and coming young players on this team.  This is going to be a Bud coaching job.   People say top 3 in the East.  I think we're better than that. 

3zus/Thabo/Blaze/Prince/Bembry/Sap, Hawks are DEEP at SF. Not necessarily stout, but deep.....

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Same comment to you both.  We should be in wait-and-see mode on him.  Folks are speaking of him as if it's a done-deal that he's going to solve/solidify our PG rotation.  I'm dubious on that.

I know how he plays, I saw many Euroleague matches. He's a score-first PG without playmaking instincts like many NBA PGs. 

2 minutes ago, MrYellow said:

I know how he plays, I saw many Euroleague matches. He's a score-first PG without playmaking instincts like many NBA PGs. 

That's basically what I'm saying.  The problem, from my perspective, is we need someone who could conceivably start/play starters minutes at times.  I don't think Delaney's that (at all).  Jack is but only if he's healthy.

25 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That's basically what I'm saying.  The problem, from my perspective, is we need someone who could conceivably start/play starters minutes at times.  I don't think Delaney's that (at all).  Jack is but only if he's healthy.

Ok but That's another subject.

• Premium Member

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Same comment to you both.  We should be in wait-and-see mode on him.  Folks are speaking of him as if it's a done-deal that he's going to solve/solidify our PG rotation.  I'm dubious on that.

36 minutes ago, MrYellow said:

For what it matters what I think, I am in wait-and-see, but I take Delaney's comment that he's been signed to be the back-up PG at face value until proven otherwise--ie, I'm not saying he's going to solve/solidify our PG rotation, but I am saying that for now it appears that he's going to get an honest shot at #2. Signing a 30-something vet coming off a knee injury yesterday would seem to substantiate Delaney's claim.

And btw.... fwiw... it took a season or two, but eventually a score-first PG without playmaking instincts rounded himself and/or got coached into becoming a pretty decent PG after all... we just sent him to IND where he's likely finally going to get paid something that represents his one-time AS status. Just saying, I like Delaney's chances of continuing to develop, that's all.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Last 3 Seasons, JACK. FT%:

2013-14: 83.9% (1.9 FTAs/game)

2014-15: 88.1% (2.8 FTAs/game)

2015-16: 89.3% (3.5 FTAs/game)

Active Players, Regular Season Career FT%:

1) Steph 90.16%

2) Redick 88.77%

3) KD 88.24%

4) Dirk 87.92%

5) Mo Williams 87.08%

6) Kev Martin 87.04%  

7) Lillard 87.01%

8) Augustin 86.74%

9) CP3 86.41%

10) Isaiah 86.34%

11) Jamal 86.14%

12) JACK. 85.57%...

18) Jeff 83.82%

(Doesn't qualify, but Kyle's 87.93% would rank 4th)

~lw3

1 hour ago, hazer said:

3zus/Thabo/Blaze/Prince/Bembry/Sap, Hawks are DEEP at SF. Not necessarily stout, but deep.....

That's what she said....:-|

It will be nice to have another coach that can still contribute minutes on the floor for us. As was alluded to by a poster earlier it would be pretty interesting if we could hire Jack and Korver after their playing days are done.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lol...if there's any possibility of using that line....I jump on it like a _____ in heat....

You guise are sooo juvenile.  I'm not touching that with a 10ft pole ...

Wait for it

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, sturt said:

Jack is pretty horrible but for some reason Squawkers love the guy.  Those boys in summer league shoot to well to be over looked.  Give me Cotton or Pangos over the brick layer.

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Jack is pretty horrible but for some reason Squawkers love the guy.  Those boys in summer league shoot to well to be over looked.  Give me Cotton or Pangos over the brick layer.

Are you kidding me, Peo?  You givin' me summer league hype?  C'mon, sun.  You're better than that, Peo.  When's the last DLeaguer to come out of Summer League and make a significant contribution to a playoff team?  I'll wait.