• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Butthurt Report: Atlanta Hawks Review by Fansided.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Horf is one of a pool of players who were significant but not every-night-elite. I appreciate what he brought to the team, and will miss having him. WAAAYYY too early to figure out where history will rank him within that pool, imo.

• Like 4

Guess it all depends on how you're ranking.  As far as individual performances I wouldn't put him that high.  He did stick with us for some time during which we had some good teams and had some success - Al helping along the way.  He was never a centerpiece for our team though, just a very good and consistent complimentary piece.  You couldn't run an offense through him and he didn't anchor the defense but definitely a guy you'd like to have on your team.

I agree though, it's way too early to say much.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

Guess it all depends on how you're ranking.  As far as individual performances I wouldn't put him that high.  He did stick with us for some time during which we had some good teams and had some success - Al helping along the way.  He was never a centerpiece for our team though, just a very good and consistent complimentary piece.  You couldn't run an offense through him and he didn't anchor the defense but definitely a guy you'd like to have on your team.

I agree though, it's way too early to say much.

I guess... it goes like this (For the Atlanta Hawks)...  IMO...

1.  Nique.

2.  Joe Johnson

3.  Dikembe Mutombo

3.  Mookie Blaylock  

3.  Al Horford

3.  Josh Smith

4.  Shareef.

4.  Steve Smith

5.  Doc Rivers

That's right a 4 way tie for third. 

• Like 3

Remember when Joe Johnson was here and Joe was the face of the team?  Remember when he left and the Hawks made Josh the face?  How can he be the most important after Dominique?  

The Hawks did make the playoffs every year Al played, but they took Indy to Game 7 one year without him.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

We give Josh a lot of crap... and he was boneheaded..

However, Josh Smith did more for this franchise than Horford did.   Josh just never was an allstar.   I think before it's all over, Paul Millsap's name will also eclipse Horford's. 

Honestly, Horford has always been a piece.  He has never been the attraction. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Reef over Smitty? Silly. 

Reef gets ranked low because the Hawks won nothing with him.

Well, think about it.  Reef was a walking 20/10.   

Smitty benefited from being on good teams.  Smitty's defense was definitely suspect... because of his knees he was not the most mobile of guys.    BTW.. I have them both ranked 4th. 

35 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Well, think about it.  Reef was a walking 20/10.   

Smitty benefited from being on good teams.  Smitty's defense was definitely suspect... because of his knees he was not the most mobile of guys.    BTW.. I have them both ranked 4th. 

Reef never made anyone else better and he never played in a meaningful game here.  Reef was a black hole type of scorer.

He had no leadership abilites, and he rarely showed any fire or intensity. Despite his rebounding totals he never really controlled the paint. He had a very robotic and passionless game.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, Diesel said:

We give Josh a lot of crap... and he was boneheaded..

However, Josh Smith did more for this franchise than Horford did.   Josh just never was an allstar.   I think before it's all over, Paul Millsap's name will also eclipse Horford's. 

Honestly, Horford has always been a piece.  He has never been the attraction. 

Josh did not do more for the franchise than Horf.  Other than the dunk competition there is nothing to back that up.