• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thabo Q&A on AJC

macdaddy

• Moderators

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/basketball/q-and-a-with-thabo-sefolosha-we-have-a-different-d/nsKD8/

So here's an interview with Thabo.   And on a side note (and I apologize to C-Viv if he reads this) this is the most terrible opening line to an article in a major newspaper i've seen.   What the hell does this even mean.   I promise, read the article, there is no context to this at all.   How does this even get by an editor

Thabo Sefolosha is back in the United States early to prepare for the upcoming NBA season - such is life with school-aged children. The Hawks wing attended and spoke at the organization’s unveiling of a refurbished courts at Cliftondale Park in Fulton County on Saturday.

Someone please tell me what that means.   I mean i have school aged children.   I better get to the US to prepare for the upcoming NBA season.   

I take it that Thabo's daughters attend school in Atlanta or the US in general so he had to return so that CPS or whatever truancy agency isn't knocking at his door.  You know he already has that "troublemaker" label amongst the law enforcement community, can't give them any chance to get back at him.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/basketball/q-and-a-with-thabo-sefolosha-we-have-a-different-d/nsKD8/

So here's an interview with Thabo.   And on a side note (and I apologize to C-Viv if he reads this) this is the most terrible opening line to an article in a major newspaper i've seen.   What the hell does this even mean.   I promise, read the article, there is no context to this at all.   How does this even get by an editor

Someone please tell me what that means.   I mean i have school aged children.   I better get to the US to prepare for the upcoming NBA season.   

@MaceCase  said it.  August school????smh.  That's still vacation time for most European schools.

Back in the day school started back in September for me.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@MaceCase  said it.  August school????smh.  That's still vacation time for most European schools.

Back in the day school started back in September for me.

The whippersnappers up here still go back early September but I always remember teasing the kids  that had to go back to school late August.   That extra week or two of flaunting our wheelies on huffies while those kids watched from behind windows was always enjoyable.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

The whippersnappers up here still go back early September but I always remember teasing the kids  that had to go back to school late August.   That extra week or two of flaunting our wheelies on huffies while those kids watched from behind windows was always enjoyable.

Late August?   Atlanta schools were August 3rd.    In reality most kids in the country just get the same 10 weeks off just different start dates.   But that going back August 3rd suxxx

9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Late August?   Atlanta schools were August 3rd.    In reality most kids in the country just get the same 10 weeks off just different start dates.   But that going back August 3rd suxxx

Jeez, what is the point of a summer vacation if you're cutting out a full month from summer?

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Regardless of what it means, it goes to say that AJC's Sports Editor doesn't give a flip what C-Viv does. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, MaceCase said:

Jeez, what is the point of a summer vacation if you're cutting out a full month from summer?

No doubt, but Atlanta gets out of school around May 20th whereas northern schools get out about a month later.   I'm just saying that I don't think any public schools in teh country have 3 month/13or14 week summers anymore.   We're down to 10 weeks and if the school systems had their way they get it down to 8 or less.    Going to school August in Atlanta is just stupid.   They claim that they'd have to run the AC anyway because the buildings are in use but that's just BS.   Certainly they wouldn't have to run as much as when you have 1000 kids in the building.   We're talking 1000s of dollars.

On the opening sentence, i just find it poorly written as you have to make big inferences and even then it's nonsensical.     So you have a sentence that requires that you already know that Thabo has kids that live somewhere in the US, Thabo doesn't live with his kids in the US, and I guess he's here to walk them to school on the first day?    And then the literal meaning of the sentence is 'Life with school aged children means that you have to return to the US to start the NBA season early'.   Yeah ok.   I know i'm nitpicking but come on.   

44 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

No doubt, but Atlanta gets out of school around May 20th whereas northern schools get out about a month later.   I'm just saying that I don't think any public schools in teh country have 3 month/13or14 week summers anymore.   We're down to 10 weeks and if the school systems had their way they get it down to 8 or less.    Going to school August in Atlanta is just stupid.   They claim that they'd have to run the AC anyway because the buildings are in use but that's just BS.   Certainly they wouldn't have to run as much as when you have 1000 kids in the building.   We're talking 1000s of dollars.

On the opening sentence, i just find it poorly written as you have to make big inferences and even then it's nonsensical.     So you have a sentence that requires that you already know that Thabo has kids that live somewhere in the US, Thabo doesn't live with his kids in the US, and I guess he's here to walk them to school on the first day?    And then the literal meaning of the sentence is 'Life with school aged children means that you have to return to the US to start the NBA season early'.   Yeah ok.   I know i'm nitpicking but come on.   

It's th eoffseason - nitpick all you want, besides it's C-Viv and his lazy writing.

Public school around my parts always started the second Monday of August when I went, and this year it was even earlier, they went back the first Tuesday which was the 2nd.

The fun part of making the kids go back earlier is they do during the hottest part of the summer. In May it's hot but it doesn't seem as bad as it is in mid/late July-first two weeks of August especially.

C-Vav was just waiting for his turn to talk. Turned around and asked a question that Thabo had just answered the sentence before. Some elite journalism right there...

• Like 1

• Moderators

I do feel like we'll feel the loss of Teague more.   He was our #1 or 2 offensive player so that's not easy to replace.   Looking forward to better 1-5 defense though.

I also feel like the addition of Teague to the Pacers is going to put them near the top of the conference.   Despite Hill's good numbers it was obvious they lacked a weapon at the point.   They have one now to go with PG. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 hours ago, RandomFan said:

So all of these comments and nobody has said a word about the article...lol. Thabo is dropping bombs in this interview! The staff over at Peachtree Hoops and their nuthugging on Horford are certainly going to hate what Thabo has to say.

Q and A with Thabo Sefolosha: ‘We have a different dynamic now’

Way to derail my post about good writing!    Just kidding.  Thanks for getting us back on basketball.

• Premium Member

Thabo was pretty much throwing haymakers at Horford. Direct shots about how Dwight brings toughness, rebounding and intensity. It was so apparent that Horford was not the same player after that second pec tear. Glad to know it isn't just Hawks fans* seeing it.

*not counting Supes

• Like 2