• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Same Ole Falcons

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, jy23 said:

Bc I actually watched the game those stats mean nothing to me. I saw this defense performing pretty damn good. Same thing against carolina, garbage points man. When your offense is scoring at this rate at some point you're going to exchange yards for clock. That's just kind of how it goes 

I actually watched those games as well and those stats DO mean something to me. You don't just give up on defense because you have a lead. This isn't just us having a big lead either. We got beat by teams that our defense flat out couldn't get off the field. There's absolutely no denying that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

I actually watched those games as well and those stats DO mean something to me. You don't just give up on defense because you have a lead. This isn't just us having a big lead either. We got beat by teams that our defense flat out couldn't get off the field. There's absolutely no denying that.

Have you ever admitted to being wrong about anything? 

• Like 1

Thought we were talking about last night's game. Game one and game nine were worlds apart even though played against the same team for example. Thinking the experience is catching up to our speed on defense though not as rapidly as everyone wants. There is improvement I can see on the field. Even the announcers kept talking about our defensive speed being exceptional. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, High5 said:

I literally laughed out loud at this.

i get that the defense still needs to improve, I'm sure we all feel that way, but last night wasn't a good game to use as a talking point for that. We knew the d was young coming into the year, we knew there would be growing pains, but if you can't see the talent and the progression like @Thomas said from the beginning of the year until now.....I don't know what to say. 

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, High5 said:

When I'm actually wrong about something, sure. When our defense is like 29th in the NFL in points allowed it speaks for itself.  I already said I liked our young guys back several pages. They just need to produce more. Some of that is clearly youth and inexperience, some of it is not.

• 2 weeks later...

As incredible as Julio can be today a couple of miscues with him and with Ryan as well helped Philly out. Being perfect 24/7 is unrealistic and he still had a big game. Offensive interference call on Perkins really screwed us up late. Still a tightly played game by both squads and other than the obnoxious Philly fans it was a fight worth watching. Hoping Bosher's injury doesn't keep him out any games.   

Defense made plays but we need help up the middle badly. Babs just isn't babs anymore...we've got to get one in the draft. 

We focused to much on Julio today but if they're gonna single him like that all day I would throw it to him everytime as well, that late drop hurt tho. Ugly game, it happens. Vic is still BEASTING and Neal is a hit man and I love it. We're good, ugly games happen 

• Premium Member

We got simply manhandled today, yet again, on defense. I'm worried that teams are going to see this as a blueprint to negate our offense. Simply play smash mouth run offense to keep our offense off the field. Our defense couldn't stop anything today just like every week.

Yeah, they beat us on both sides of the ball along with a couple of drops on our part. Matthews looked like he was back to his Charger days and Smallwood is someone I haven't heard of but he ran on us too easily as well. After watching Dallas take out the Steelers yesterday I don't really want any part of trying to stop Elliott whenever we see them. The guy is a superman. Gurley will come to town soon enough during the regular season. Need to be much better against him as well as everyone else.

Odd game, looked ugly, we shouldn't have been close, one td allowed til the end, but the Falcons didn't score much as well.

Long time to regroup and get over this loss,  the other south teams losing is ok, but not ready to feel overly confident til they clinch.

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the road all day, just got to sit down and watch the game @Thomas. Gabriel is going to make it even tougher for d coordinators to game plan for us. The more we put on tape the more people have to worry about. That man is blazing fast, and Sanu and Hardy both looked great today. That catch by Hardy with Peterson on him was crazy. We can only stop ourselves, there is no defense that can contain us. As long as Matt spreads the ball around we are unguardable.

Vic is a monster, I mean wow. I believed in him but good lord is this man special. He and Freeney together is tough. Saw Grady getting pressure again today too. I was a little worried after hearing Tru was done for the year but dang Collins gave me a big sigh of relief today. Dude was balling. His measureables are crazy and now he's putting that to good use. Even when people were making catches on him he was in their hip pocket. Had great coverage all day. Poole looked good as always and Rocky looked good today too. I think we're good going foward. Glad devondre had that big play at the end as well. 

• Like 1

The first drive of the game had me worried with Collins and really everyone looking a step slow to get to the receivers but man they turned it around. At his size Collins doesn't look like he could cover that tight to me but he is coming on strong now. The timing is surely good for that with Tru's situation. Could really watch Vic all day. They showed a couple of plays by Mack which certainly helped illustrate why our O-line is so much better this year with Lynch making some nice comments. He can drive people into next year on a lot of plays. Just a great game for us against a team with such a serious defense.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jy23 said:

Vic is a monster, I mean wow.

From many thinking he was a bust to him absolutely terrorizing QBs now. A steep path he has climbed and is tons of fun to watch these days. Very glad Matt only faces him in practice. 

• Like 1