• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

FINALLY ! -Pre season is here !

Gray Mule

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Can Jack be traded?  I thought free agents had to be signed for 6 months.   I just can't figure it out.   Scott seems the most likely if you can get someone to take him with his legal situation.   I think Bud likes Moose and Splitter too much.   So that leaves Hardaway.   Trading him would come with some embarrassment to Bud though  as most likely it would be flipping a 1st for a 2nd.

We never should have offered more than a second round pick for him in the first place.  No crying over spilled milk.  If  you can get good value, you move on.  If you can't, you keep developing him and hope he becomes a contributor you can rely on.

• Like 2

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, AHF said:

We never should have offered more than a second round pick for him in the first place.  No crying over spilled milk.  If  you can get good value, you move on.  If you can't, you keep developing him and hope he becomes a contributor you can rely on.

I'm a little obsessed with what we're going to do.   The most likely scenarios i see are:

- cut Jack - this will only happen if it looks like he won't play for a while.   I think it's unlikely.    

- trade Scott - i actually think this is most likely  - i think they feel like Moose is better than Scott at this point.   I actually think Scott is a little underrated.  

• Like 1

• Moderators

Have we seen any indication that Jack will be ready for opening day or when he plans to be back?  Both Jack and Scott represent a lot of uncertainty.  I can't argue with your two choices.  I feel like Splitter is every bit as uncertain and currently injured to boot but that Bud probably loves him from their Spurs past.

20 minutes ago, AHF said:

Have we seen any indication that Jack will be ready for opening day or when he plans to be back?  Both Jack and Scott represent a lot of uncertainty.  I can't argue with your two choices.  I feel like Splitter is every bit as uncertain and currently injured to boot but that Bud probably loves him from their Spurs past.

He's a great team player and defensive role player. Tiago has winning value. More than Moose, Humphries and Edy at this stage. 

Jack probably was signed with the idea that Atlanta was going to let him recover on their watch.

What is wrong with you people? I dunno what all this Jack needs to recover talk is all about. You've been reading @JayBirdHawk posts too much. Jack is fine and he will be ready to go by the start of the season. If not, then at least by mid November. 

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

What is wrong with you people? I dunno what all this Jack needs to recover talk is all about. You've been reading @JayBirdHawk posts too much. Jack is fine and he will be ready to go by the start of the season. If not, then at least by mid November. 

That's good with me.   That would leave Scott as the likely guy to be gone.   I think Splitter has value when healthy but i don't count on him being healthy so i'd probably choose to trade him.    I just don't think Bud will.   

21 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

410586cb68b973f474ebb3404dd446108494de64

Problem:  NBA teams are limited to 15 players on their roster.  Hawks have 16.

Solution:  Trade two for one or three for two. 

Who do we trade?  Depends on who we are getting back.

5 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Should see a lot of our rookies and Walter!  Yeah !!

"Walter Yeah" may be our alley-oop from Dennis chant this year started on the air by our guy Rathbun but we will know it really started here on the Squawk by our wise one himself.