• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

FINALLY ! -Pre season is here !

Gray Mule

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think Delaney is a lock (unless traded) - he is signed to a 2 year $5 mil contract.  Bynum has no shot to make the cut.

I'll say here what I've said elsewhere:  Moose has a greater chance of sticking around because of Millsap (he was supposed to miss 2 preseason games he's missed 3), Tiago (do we trust that he stays healthy?) and Scott being banged up (he's back but his legal case still looms large - any update anyone?) and add to the fact that he has actually played well.  He's playing with a confidence that I haven't seen before.

Jack may be the odd man out if he's not healthy enough to contribute.  He hasn't been cleared for 5 on 5 play yet (maybe not even 3 on 3).  We have 4 preseason games left for him to see the floor.  I've seen enough of Bembry to think he can handle some PG duties.  THJr is struggling - he might be the odd man out. Kelly has showed something but I think his chances are slim.

Exciting times.  GO HAWKS!!

When Mack first got here I was unimpressed but once he found his place in the system he became very solid.   I'm hoping for the same with Delaney.   Never played in the NBA and is coming to a system that puts a lot of pressure on the PG

• Like 4

Why do we need another pg again? Jack is just fine, and he won't be cut. Delaney won't get cut either. We have Dennis, Jack and Delaney at the pg position. That is good enough for me.

5 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Why do we need another pg again? Jack is just fine, and he won't be cut. Delaney won't get cut either. We have Dennis, Jack and Delaney at the pg position. That is good enough for me.

And possibly even Bembry as a 3rd or 4th option. We don't need a PG...

• Like 2

• Moderators
14 hours ago, kg01 said:

What can we fleece from MIL for THJr?

14 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Who wants him? 

The reality is we need to give Bud time to keep working with him.  Nobody is going to want to give up value for a guy on a 1 year contract who has shown very little.  If he starts the season hot, then maybe that window opens up.  Right now, his performance last year combined with his preseason has him at such a low value.  Shop him if anyone is interested but otherwise have patience and give him time to demonstrate some value to other teams and potentially to show what he can bring to this team because we could use a productive backup 2.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hazer said:

And possibly even Bembry as a 3rd or 4th option. We don't need a PG...

Exactly! So why are we trying to compete with Jackie Treehorn and produce another logjammin at our pg position. We set, we good.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Jack is 9 months into recovery from ACL and hasn't played at all in pre-season and Delaney has never played an NBA game.   As far as Delaney goes, Dennis barely got off the bench for Bud  his first season.   I know Delaney has some pro experience but he also doesn't have Dennis' talent.     

All I'm saying is that if Jack isn't ready for the start of the season then you're already shaky and praying one of the PGs don't get hurt.   

40 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Jack is 9 months into recovery from ACL and hasn't played at all in pre-season and Delaney has never played an NBA game.   As far as Delaney goes, Dennis barely got off the bench for Bud  his first season.   I know Delaney has some pro experience but he also doesn't have Dennis' talent.     

All I'm saying is that if Jack isn't ready for the start of the season then you're already shaky and praying one of the PGs don't get hurt.   

Delaney is 7 years older than Dennis was as a rookie. They wouldn't have brought him over if Bud didn't intend on playing him.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Delaney is going to play plenty early this  year.  He isn't a rookie in the normal sense.  More like Pero when he came over.  (Bud had no trouble playing that 'rookie').  Bynum does not have a prayer of making the roster unless you are talking NBADL team.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

I just think Jack will be ready and damn good too. He's a difference maker on and off the floor.

Hasn't been a difference maker for a couple of years, but I hope you are right.  We just need solid D, reasonable ball control and solid shooting.

40 minutes ago, AHF said:

Hasn't been a difference maker for a couple of years, but I hope you are right.  We just need solid D, reasonable ball control and solid shooting.

Yup, a couple down years with the Nets but I just can't stop thinking about the leadership Jack and Carl Landry brought to the Warriors 4 or 5 years ago. I realize he wil slow down with age but I just feel his mental toughness with overpower his declining body.

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Yup, a couple down years with the Nets but I just can't stop thinking about the leadership Jack and Carl Landry brought to the Warriors 4 or 5 years ago. I realize he wil slow down with age but I just feel his mental toughness with overpower his declining body.

He's a natural leader. I watched the guy lead a team of moderately talented players to an NCAA Championship game. Of course they got CRUSHED by a UCONN team with two lottery picks, but Jack was legit.

1 minute ago, hawkman said:

He's a natural leader. I watched the guy lead a team of moderately talented players to an NCAA Championship game. Of course they got CRUSHED by a UCONN team with two lottery picks, but Jack was legit.

Man, why you gotta put it like that.  Best (worst) part of that loss was the fact that Okafor wanted to be a Jacket but a stupid obscure rule (the 5/8 rule that was rescinded like the following year) kept us from signing him.

Ah well, that was a fun ride though.  Highlighted by handing that smug, drunk Eddie Sutton a big fat "L".

On Jack, I think he'll be a great coach once his playing days are done.

4 hours ago, High5 said:

Delaney is 7 years older than Dennis was as a rookie. They wouldn't have brought him over if Bud didn't intend on playing him.

He's also a better shooter than Shredder and Hawks scouted him for years. On a cheap deal. Dela is here to stay...

12 minutes ago, hazer said:

He's also a better shooter than Shredder and Hawks scouted him for years. On a cheap deal. Dela is here to stay...

Dela...love it! Dela takes out Delly in the Hawks 127-84 win over the Bucks. The headline basically writes itself. Lol.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Dwight was flat out killing it last night. He looked unstoppable. I knew this system would fit him well. He's going to open up our shooters and lanes to the basket because the other teams are going to have to commit to a double team. Bud knows he can give Dwight the ball enough to force a defense to do it. Can't wait for the regular season to start. Hawks are going to be fun to watch, TWolves are going to be fun to watch...let it start God let it start.

You've got to get the Twolves to the playoffs this year for us.   I know they can do it.   

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, macdaddy said:

You've got to get the Twolves to the playoffs this year for us.   I know they can do it.   

This should be the year if health is not an issue. Losing KG hurts from a veteran standpoint but they have so much talent and a coach in Thibs that is going to get the defense on point. KAT had the most dominant rookie season I've ever seen. Wiggins is two years off a great ROY and is looking good.

• Like 1