• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

FINALLY ! -Pre season is here !

Gray Mule

16 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I think Schröder is going to be fine... He has some sloppy turnovers at times but he is really trying to be unselfish. I think his jumper is more of a question.

I've never had any worries about Dennis' ability to  start and run the team. Dennis has always been a willing passer, though eratic at times. His role off the bench required him to do more scoring, as a starter he's requirement to score changes.

I do he agree about the sloppy turnovers, 2 or 3 of the 5 was a pass to Dwight - forced the issue.

His defense is ready.

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I've never had any worries about Dennis' ability to  start and run the team. Dennis has always been a willing passer, though eratic at times. His role off the bench required him to do more scoring, as a starter he's requirement to score changes.

I do he agree about the sloppy turnovers, 2 or 3 of the 5 was a pass to Dwight - forced the issue.

His defense is ready.

It's hard to say without Sap in the lineup but without Sap, we need Dennis to score. 

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's hard to say without Sap in the lineup but without Sap, we need Dennis to score. 

I'm not saying we don't need him to score just not like his role was off the bench.

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

I think Schröder is going to be fine... He has some sloppy turnovers at times but he is really trying to be unselfish. I think his jumper is more of a question.

I was impressed he hit a 3 early in the game.

Prince is no rookie. I called Draymond style player a couple months back and sticking to it. #nofear

Also just excited to watch a game in 5 months :-) 

HAWWWWWWWWWKKKSSSSS!!!!

Very good game. I was hoping Baze and/or Tim would have become more than just spot up shooters by now. We seriously need that second person on offense (especially from the wing) asides from the pg that can slash and score or set up hockey assist. 

Maybe Baze is holding back till the season starts to show off his improved handles and ability to score off the dribble. Seems as if the rookies are already ahead of our veterans in this department. They just need experience. We can't keep relying on the pg to be the only ball handler and creator on the floor. That's why the offense can get very stagnant at times even under Teague. Baze and Tim needed to develop in to that role.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

Note to self:  In pre season, not all players we see will be on the final roster.

Things that I worry about:

Splitter, our #2 center, is missing and Howard, #1, and Tavares, #3, both pick up a lot of fouls.

THjr and his obvious slump.  He's not all star material but he's not THIS bad.  Bud keeps giving him chance

after chance and he continued to fail.  He has to have a mental block.  I'm going to shoot but I know that

it's not going in.  He can't relax, but he must!

Millsap continues to be out.  This is OK because it's still pre season.  Recovering from injury, then sick.

Get well soon.  Hawks need their best player on the floor.

Things that is going right for me:

Walter, even though he has a lot of fouls, is getting to play a lot and is cementing his position as #3.

Prince, Brembry and Delaney all getting to play a lot, gaining NBA experience and all looking good

considering they are all rookies.

Dennis is learning.  Starting these pre season games is so important to his growth.

Final note:  Personally, if Jarrett Jack is unable to recover as a player, I would retain him on the coaching staff.

I don't know if this is possible.  Just a thought.

Regular season.  Not here, not yet, but we're gaining on it!

GO ATL !!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

Bremby can't seem to finish on offense. Tavares be looking lost. 

Edy wasn't looking lost, he was moving well, his issue is he's a half second late on reacting on defense. It's great to see him move his feet but he has to read the offense a little quicker.

Bembry is a high ceiling, low floor guy. He just don't shoot well at all. When defended by a high level defender in KCP, he struggle to to attack as easily and didn't have a reliable offensive weapon to get his shot off.

His rawness reminds me of Bazemore 1st year in Atlanta. Where you seen talent but you realize, their floor is low. With that said, Bembry is a stud talent wise in this system and better than 1st year in Atlanta, Bazemore.

37 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

I don't think you keep Moose over Scott. Mike can atleast be an explosive scorer every now and then. Moose sucks.

Moose hasn't shown me that he is more than a practice squad player. For Scott's inconsistency, he's one of the better metric and scorers on the team. He's a legit 8th man in most NBA cities, Moose is a 12th man everywhere. For his improvement, his impact isn't even as good as Edy

5 hours ago, DarnShadyRefs said:

Very good game. I was hoping Baze and/or Tim would have become more than just spot up shooters by now. We seriously need that second person on offense (especially from the wing) asides from the pg that can slash and score or set up hockey assist. 

Maybe Baze is holding back till the season starts to show off his improved handles and ability to score off the dribble. Seems as if the rookies are already ahead of our veterans in this department. They just need experience. We can't keep relying on the pg to be the only ball handler and creator on the floor. That's why the offense can get very stagnant at times even under Teague. Baze and Tim needed to develop in to that role.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

I think the big issue with Bazemore is he struggle with size guarding him and Detroit has a lot of good wing defenders. Harris, KCP, Johnson are very good defenders on the wing.

• Moderators

Can you imagine what THJr would look like if he didn't have such an amazing summer?

I seriously agree with @JayBirdHawk in saying he isn't this bad but I've always viewed him as a low floor and low ceiling player.  We need him much closer to his ceiling to his floor because his ceiling is a useful rotation player.

As a team, we will really be helped by Paul's return.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

It just seems like our spacing on offense isn't quite right yet.  It also seems that Dennis is trying to force the ball to Howard a little too much when he drives the lane as his only option.  He needs to have several other options in mind if the spacing isn't right inside.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I think the big issue with Bazemore is he struggle with size guarding him and Detroit has a lot of good wing defenders. Harris, KCP, Johnson are very good defenders on the wing.

I see this as well.  It's why I never thought Bazemore at 3 would be an 'answer'.  Then again, I don't think the staff ever thought of it as Bazemore replaces DMC.  

57 minutes ago, AHF said:

Can you imagine what THJr would look like if he didn't have such an amazing summer?

I seriously agree with @JayBirdHawk in saying he isn't this bad but I've always viewed him as a low floor and low ceiling player.  We need him much closer to his ceiling to his floor because his ceiling is a useful rotation player.

As a team, we will really be helped by Paul's return.

AH, you had a great summer too. TIFWIW

I do agree though that Paul's return will pay immense dividends.  I watched the last 2 games and, in truth, I haven't been as positive as most (when I take off the volt-goggles).  I'm like, why is this version of the Calfs staying on the court with our starters?  Or, why is DET so competitive minus Jackson/Druuuuuuumnd?  I always have to remember Sap's not here.

I also have to keep adjusting for preseason viewing.  I understand they're "working on stuff" and we're probably seeing some matchups that won't play together in real life (reg season).  Still though, I'd rather our collective talent level lead to some blowouts (especially in that CLE game).

17 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

It just seems like our spacing on offense isn't quite right yet.  It also seems that Dennis is trying to force the ball to Howard a little too much when he drives the lane as his only option.  He needs to have several other options in mind if the spacing isn't right inside.

Looks like growing pains of going from a backup to starter.  Can't predetermine your reads (so to speak) or it'll get picked up on pretty quickly.

I think if we play .500 at the start of the season, we shouldn't panic at all.  We'll be a much better 2nd half of the season team.  There's a lot of gellin' that needs to happen.

gifs.com/gif/are-you-gellin-with-dr-scholls-gel-inserts-commercial-W6nj16

Edited by kg01